BUG - Golem Positioning System

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dawning.1340

Dawning.1340

So I just started playing and my storyline is completely bugged. I’m doing the Golem Positioning System for Asura. I know how to do it, it’s the simple Simon Says, panel shoots lightning, you click, follow the pattern, I get it. Only, it doesn’t work. The very first panle to shoot goes off, I run over to click it and the dude says “No No No…”. So I reset it, log out, log in, exit, restart and I get the same thing. Over and over. I can’t complete the level 4 storyline….GG Anet.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

I did this part just fine a day or two ago.

~ 80 Elementalist

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I haven’t had an issue with this story step, so without seeing exactly what you’re doing I can’t offer any advice. I’m 99% certain it’s not bugged, though.

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

I love the way contents designers are responding to game bugs?

Anyways, seems the panels are shooting with no graphic. So of course I can’t see the pattern. I threw all my graphic setting down and still…nothing, I see one, but never two. I’ve had zero issues so far with the frame rates.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I just looked at this story step and didn’t see any issues. If I’m reading your post correctly, you can’t see any of the effects when the consoles fire. What do you mean by “I see one, but never two”? Do some of the effects appear? What happens if you use the center console first?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keepsake.6108

Keepsake.6108

I was able to complete this quest after tons of trial and error. The first part has no issues and the lights are appearing as normal. The tricky part is when I’m about to input the code. The effects wouldn’t show up so sometimes I miss out on the pattern. Did this about for 40 minutes and somehow I was able to complete it.

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

@Keepsake. Yes to everything you said. I watched a youtube video just so I can know the pattern. If left to right, I numbered them 1 (left), 2 (center), 3 (right), the first sequence is 3 then 1. I see 1 but not three. And sometimes the little icon for “f” appears on the right of my screen but I haven’t seen the lightning graphic.

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

I don’t know what the issue is but for a new game it’s very annoying, no wonder after 8 years everyone is still playing WoW. Anet has a HUGE opportunity here. Mists of Pandaria is a mindless daily grindfest that makes you want to have your fingers surgically removed (which is why I’m here).

in Personal Story

Razgriz.7319

The first step only uses one console, the centre one (#2 in your case). If you press any of the other ones, Hronk will tell you it’s wrong, and you’ll have to start over. Then the next part uses two consoles. Then 3, then 4, etc.

So if you’re trying to make 2 inputs on the very first part of the sequence, you did it wrong. It’s very easy to miss the first prompt. It fires off really quickly.

~ 80 Elementalist

(edited by Razgriz.7319)

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

@Razgriz I tried only clicking the one I see. the guys immediately says “No No No….try again”.

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

The problem is that I’m only seeing one.

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

The above video, right at 3:12, TWO shoot off, but the first one to shoot off on the right, I never see that one go off.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

So, using the video as a guide, were you able to get past it? Occasionally (as in the video) the first step isn’t firing off, but I’ve never seen any others fail.

in Personal Story

Razgriz.7319

So, using the video as a guide, were you able to get past it? Occasionally (as in the video) the first step isn’t firing off, but I’ve never seen any others fail.

The first sequence does fire in the video Jeff. It’s just nicely camouflaged against the golem and the bright lights in the background .

3:12 is the beginning of the second sequence. You (and the maker of the video) missed the first sequence. The person in the video happened to guess the first sequence correctly by pressing the centre console at random.

The first sequence is shown at ~1:54, right after the cutscene is finished and Hronk is still talking. It’s really easy to miss. Watch closely. The person in the vid then stands around aimlessly for about a minute before making a guess and presses the centre console at ~3:10. Then you actually noticed the second sequence being shown ( right, then left).

~ 80 Elementalist

(edited by Razgriz.7319)

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

@Razgriz I’ll try now and see what it gives.

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

Ok, I got through it but not in the manner intended. If the first one to shoot is at 1:54 then it shoots waaaaaay early. I did the sequence as the video provider laid out and not once did I see the full sequence fire NOR my own panels fire after clicking them. I literally saw maybe HALF the graphics in the storyline. If this is what I can expect out of game play, then higher levels are gonna be impossible. Too bad, because you can tell how much love went into this game. It’s epic like Star Wars without the crazy map sizes and MUCH more engaging than wow.

in Personal Story

Razgriz.7319

Ok, I got through it but not in the manner intended. If the first one to shoot is at 1:54 then it shoots waaaaaay early. I did the sequence as the video provider laid out and not once did I see the full sequence fire NOR my own panels fire after clicking them. I literally saw maybe HALF the graphics in the storyline. If this is what I can expect out of game play, then higher levels are gonna be impossible. Too bad, because you can tell how much love went into this game. It’s epic like Star Wars without the crazy map sizes and MUCH more engaging than wow.

This is a much more informative post than your first one and something the dev team can have a look into. I personally have not experienced this issue with missing spell effects. The video also shows all the effects as well.

From what I can tell you’re fairly new to the game. So I’d tell you not to make wholesale judgements on your one experience with this lvl 4 personal story. There’s a lot more game out there to experience.

That being said, there are some bugs with the personal story you should watch out for here. The first post contains the biggest issues.

Good luck out there.

~ 80 Elementalist

in Personal Story

Dawning.1340

@ Razgriz um…hasn’t this game been in development for like 3 years or something? They have had ALOT of opportunity to beta test this, I remember the betas being short and small groups. Good lord, I can make many allowances easily, but properly functioning story lines are kinda mandatory, no? Not just in my case of course.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cazza.4598

Cazza.4598

none of the lightning things go off for me …….. I just have to guess and continually get tolled: “no no no no, wrong, but keep trying” :/ im getting mad

in Personal Story

Posted by: thonizel.1478

thonizel.1478

So I’m stuck in this bug as well. I see one console flash. No more. I go over and press the console and I’m told that I am wrong. What am I missing here? I can’t go any further. I have a good graphics card so I don’t think it is settings. The YouTube videos show the Beta version of the game but it looks like the consoles are functioning correctly in it. I am not seeing any flashes at all even when I talk to the NPC to get it started. Or I might see one flash and that’s it. Not like the video but again the video appears to be the beta version of the game.

(edited by thonizel.1478)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Southclaw.9105

Southclaw.9105

I’m having this exact same issue right now, it seemed like lag at first (not sure if input is sent to the server first then back to the client to do the electric effect on the consoles)

It’s really irritating though, I finally get the time to play this game after so long and this freaking problem has to go and stop me. Any fixes? Changing a graphics setting or something?

I followed the video too and I’m always told “wrong” whatever console I hit, it may be the first effect I don’t see, is it randomised each time?