Forewarned is Forearmed bug

in Personal Story

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Dont know if anyone else is getting this but the third stage of the mission when you have to investigate passed the broken gate wont complete. I have defeated the undead fish but because of the bug the mission wont complete…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

When was this? It was updated recently to fix this bug, so if it’s still happening, I’ll take another look. (Previously, if Forgal got into combat when you reached the mark points in the sewers, he wouldn’t advance the objective.)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

I had a problem with 1 fish going into a wall. Once I identified it, I was able to aoe it down. Dunno, worth a try.

in Personal Story

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

This was yesterday. I will see if I can get there without combat but that is unlikely as there are reems of jellyfish and all sorts of other underwater creatures in the sewers!

in Personal Story

Posted by: SGTMcBain.6753

SGTMcBain.6753

Having the same issue today as well. The quest did not clear the checkpoint for “Search the sewers for the missing guardsmen”

in Personal Story

Posted by: SGTMcBain.6753

SGTMcBain.6753

OK, I ran the instance again and this time I made sure I ran ahead of Forgal and started combat before he did. The checkpoints cleared fine this time.

in Personal Story

Posted by: tentakeljugend.3276

tentakeljugend.3276

I tried the quest three times now, without success. The first time, after the battle against the green guy, Forgal disappeared and the quest tracker was stuck at investigate under broken grate. Second time, he disappeared and the quest tracker got stuck at search sewers for guardsmen. The first two times i killed everything on the way to the green guy, the third time i just rushed through, then Forgal popped up next to him, we killed him, Forgal swam away, I followed him (right tunnel after coming out of the cave), he said this is a dead end and won’t lead us anywhere, but kept on swimming out of the mission area, while the quest tracker was stuck at the guardsmen again.

in Personal Story

Posted by: tentakeljugend.3276

tentakeljugend.3276

The fifth attempt worked, although only because of another bug, i think. While fighting the drake in the first vertical tunnel, Forgal clipped through the wall and suddenly the missing guardsmen objective was cleared and i was told to continue investigating the sewers. I figured i could rush to the green guy now, did that, but died in the fight. When i respawned at the checkpoint, the green guy clipped through the floor and attacked me outside. Forgal clipped along and we killed him, but apparently there was one shark left, because the kill undead objective didn’t clear. So i went down into the cave again, to find one of the sharks clipping his head through the wall. Killed him, and the final objective cleared.
I don’t want to complain or anything, but guys, this quest is one super buggy mess.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sage.4987

Sage.4987

I just tried this quest and had the same issue, 2 of us doing it and it stuck on “Investigate the passages below the broken gate”. Forgal had the cutscene about the Claw Island fort and then vanished but quest is unfinished. Swam everywhere, nothing left to kill and no where else to explore.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Glorfin.5081

Glorfin.5081

Same as Sage, completed the quest except for “Investigate the passages below the broken gate,” which is listed after defeat the orrian monstrosities. Forgal almost never fought, most of the time was invis/gone. Cannot progress.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Glorfin.5081

Glorfin.5081

Further note: just went to kill an Armored Fish I left alive. After aggroing it with 2 illusions, it swam off through the wall and just circled the tunnel, in combat, after killing the illusions. Guessing that’s where Forgal went too. The green arrows/green star lead back to the broken grate underwater entrance. However, there is no green star there.

Redid the quest, upon arrival to missing guardsman and killing the ooze, quest did not updated. But, upon arriving at the broken grate, it automatically updated. Just not updating after cut scene with Orrian monsters.

(edited by Glorfin.5081)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

The fifth attempt worked, although only because of another bug, i think. While fighting the drake in the first vertical tunnel, Forgal clipped through the wall and suddenly the missing guardsmen objective was cleared and i was told to continue investigating the sewers. I figured i could rush to the green guy now, did that, but died in the fight. When i respawned at the checkpoint, the green guy clipped through the floor and attacked me outside. Forgal clipped along and we killed him, but apparently there was one shark left, because the kill undead objective didn’t clear. So i went down into the cave again, to find one of the sharks clipping his head through the wall. Killed him, and the final objective cleared.
I don’t want to complain or anything, but guys, this quest is one super buggy mess.

Yes, there is a Risen Shark that seems to be an ‘add’ or follower of some sort that’s tied to the Orrian Scout. Thankfully I decided to take him out first early in the fight, since it was becoming hard to dodge around both in three dimensions. :-p

However, midway through the tunnels Forgal ended up following a mob someplace through a wall, and never saw him again. The mob in question appeared to be non-important as I was able to complete this story step without either.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Meeky.9216

Meeky.9216

This issue is still occurring as of today.

in Personal Story

Posted by: MrRonMaster.9206

MrRonMaster.9206

I Will second that this Bug still occurs as i just ran into it myself, so i am for the time being stuck, story wise, i really hope this gets fixed

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Which bug exactly? This thread mentions two separate bugs.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Keba.8930

Keba.8930

I have just completed the mission without any trouble except for one armored fish that got inside a wall. Forgal followed it inside and I managed to kill it by hitting it with a spear through the wall. After its death I continued on and Forgal followed me.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

Does it matter which bug? This is the arguably the buggiest quest in the game. I have ran this quest 5 times today, as well as many times in the past, and I am getting all the aforementioned issues. Sometimes one of the objectives will not update, other times none of the objectives will update. Although my favorite is when the stupid npc decides to swim through the wall to never never land, never to be seen again.

This might sounds like a flame post, but after experiencing this bug on release, I would have thought it would be fixed by now.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

in Personal Story

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

After running this quest a 7th time it finally worked. Kill everything and it will eventually let you pass. I didn’t change how I ran the quest, it just decided to let me finish it.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Does it matter which bug?

Yes. Some bugs I can fix on the content side (the ability to skip some steps as you explore), some I cannot (NPCs going through walls, which is art/code).

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

Another +1 on the OP.
Since I knew the sewers, I went right through the gate as I saw it (where else to go but down?). I noticed Forgal saying something about the gate, but I was already through.
Since I didn’t want to bother with the fish, I swam right through them. Forgal teleported back to me and we killed the scout.

As you can guess, the mission didn’t finish since the gate objective was still active. Even swimming back and/or killing the fish didn’t rectify that.

Bonus Bug: the green pathfinding arrows are totally useless here. They seem to show some path above ground, which can lead you in the wrong direction. Just using the green stars (without any arrows) would be more helpful.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I have just completed the mission without any trouble except for one armored fish that got inside a wall. Forgal followed it inside and I managed to kill it by hitting it with a spear through the wall. After its death I continued on and Forgal followed me.

Interesting. My guardian character had that ability, but I always preferred the trident in later levels (better ranged work, and works better in groups if you have high Heal Power).

@ Jeffrey – I would suggest allowing a skip of the middle fights. Most classes (or players for that matter) have the ability by this level of just storming through parts of the tunnel and going to the end objective of the Scout. The rest are probably more likely to stand back and work their way through as expected.

I also agree that the arrows were misleading due to the ‘3D’ aspect of this instance (I was able to figure it out, but only because I use tactics honed from Eve in dealing with your water combat – Descent players may also have an edge here). A series of stars/dots may work out better, as suggested already.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Darosir.3619

Darosir.3619

i had another similar bug at this mission. before going to fight the undead, my pet and Forgal went above the sewers and fought outside them, while all i got was obstructed attacks. then forgal died and i recalled my pet and continued to the undead. then after i killed the undead i had to swim a little bit further, kill a shark whose whole body(except for the mouth) was stuck in the rocks, and then finish the story. that’s all!

The Dragons will be defeated…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Noodles.9256

Noodles.9256

Got a glitch doing the mission just a minute ago. It won’t end because after killing the undead thing (mostly in the wall) and then the shark (mostly not in the wall) Forgal said his bit and then casually swam off through the ceiling talking about his grandad dying in battle, leaing me sat there and the mission not completing for whatever reason.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Noodles.9256

Noodles.9256

Worked second time around. Although I killed the shark first this time and then it respawned/another appeared inside a wall.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zackcadman.2805

Zackcadman.2805

Having problems with this story line too. It’s VERY annoying. Killed undead green thing and can’t do anything else. Guessing the solution is to repeat the quest line until it decides to let me pass the check point when the other guy does one somewhere after the conversation.

The quest is not ticking off investigate the passages below the broken gate, even though I’ve swam every where for about half an hour. Total waste of time and a let down knowing that this bug STILL hasn’t been resolved.

in Personal Story

Posted by: nathanlang.8976

nathanlang.8976

Just ran into the same bug. The personal story does not update @ “Investigate the passages below the broken grate” I was guesting on a guildie’s personal story instance. The story creator was a level 50 human guardian who picked vigil and had just completed the Skritt affinity quests. My character is a level 80 sylvari ranger who chose the order and is @ “Victory or Death”. Advancing past the bug and killing the scout does NOT complete the story as the previous objective is still active.

in Personal Story

Posted by: syphilis.8751

syphilis.8751

After being stuck on this quest, I quit the game for a while (not because of this). Just went back in and now it isn’t an issue with being unable to kill all the monsters (stuck in walls), but it is stuck on the last objective of exploring all the passages below the broken grate. I spent about 20 minutes trying to hit a collision box, but no luck. This is at least the 6th time I have “completed” the quest, I guess it is time to move on.