Hilarious moments during personal story

in Personal Story

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

For me, the most hilarious moment after knowing a little about Destiny’s Edge is when you first properly go to Lion’s Arch, and as you go up the stairs, you see a bunch of kids of all races playing with each showing, showing how racially diverse Lion’s Arch is.

Then you stop to listen to the kids and realise they’re roleplaying as Destiny’s Edge, and picking roles… and the charr kid goes “I’m Logan, and I’m gonna run away.”

Total spit-out-drink moment there. XD

Also, after their argument and they all walk away in different directions… HEY EIR! YOU FORGOT YOUR DOG! Maybe it’s a bug or something, but Garm just stays there. XD

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lite Ning Girl.7958

Lite Ning Girl.7958

During a part of the Asura personal story, Mr. Sparkles says something like, “Prepare to don the behind hat,”. It is one of the funniest things I’ve heard in the game’s dialogue.

in Personal Story

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

The funniest thing in personal story are ALL quests with your Priory mentor Sieran (lvl20-40 quests). She is the most cheerful, excited, curious, lively character ever.

2nd funniest thing is letter from The Magnificent Captain Jayne (“Lucky you!”) you receive/steal during one of Order of Whispers missions.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Magister Sieran… at first I was annoyed, but I’m starting to like the over-enthusiastic sylvari x’D
Tybalt is great fun too

“the mission received a hiccup.”
“A hiccup!? More like a tuberculosis!” -Rytlock Brimstone

Tybalt turning into Demi:
“Burn me, I’m a human girl! Whoa, I’ve got two hands and some lovely…apples.”
subtile Tybalt… Very subtile… x’D

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/7996/ohnoesgw2.jpg

The Sting… when you set up a trap for the White Mantle.

I love Logan.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

Wasn’t a fan of this twist.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dark Epiphany.8304

Dark Epiphany.8304

Can’t recall the name of the mission atm, but it’s one of the first orders quests where you launch a mini-golem and remote control it to lay out mines and then taunt the enemy into them. First of all, the whole description of the mission that the npc gives is hilarious. Then, that part when the mini-golem waves his arms and makes his taunting sound cracks me up.

in Personal Story

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

Magister Sieran… at first I was annoyed, but I’m starting to like the over-enthusiastic sylvari x’D
Tybalt is great fun too

“the mission received a hiccup.”
“A hiccup!? More like a tuberculosis!” -Rytlock Brimstone

ROFLOL! love it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Focksbot.6798

Focksbot.6798

This bit was genuinely funny.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Focksbot.6798

Focksbot.6798

But this bit was unintentionally funny, because Trahearne is such a fey, pseudo-Shakespearian flouncer.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tearthy Flame.1463

Tearthy Flame.1463

from a choice at Character Creation my Norn character had a mission where he had to help fix what he had done after getting terriblely drunk with a Charr and they did stupid things like driveing around a Charr Military Weapon of War. And a witness saw my Norn and the Charr and quoted what my character said (In my signature below my message i quote what my character said while Drunk) and the Charr commented on remembering the tree being stupid.

I love what my character said, they probly ran into a tree!

“I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: echokin.8295

echokin.8295

‘Victorificness’. I loled during that whole exchange

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Then you stop to listen to the kids and realise they’re roleplaying as Destiny’s Edge, and picking roles… and the charr kid goes “I’m Logan, and I’m gonna run away.”

Heh, yes, that got a laugh out of me too since I can’t say I care for the guy either.

Also, after their argument and they all walk away in different directions… HEY EIR! YOU FORGOT YOUR DOG! Maybe it’s a bug or something, but Garm just stays there. XD

That combined with the absolutely weird facial expression that the wolves have in this game gave me the impression that he was as unamused by the brouhaha of brainless brats as I was. Hey Garm, wanna tag along and be my buddy instead?

The best (and intentional) humor value so far was in the “passed out at the moot” norn story arc. That is just a hoot, at least early on — it gets more serious later, but your drinking buddy can still be counted on for the occasional funny line. He’s in sooo much trouble and he knows it. And yet, when it’s all over, there’s still a bit of a “hey let’s do it again” kind of banter between him and you.

I was also amused by how Sieran (the Durmand Priory mentor) got berated by her boss for her flakiness. Normally I don’t like the arrogant asura babble, but in this case it was deserved. He has some amusing expressions/insults that play on her being a plant.

@Xriah: now imagine doing that scene with a bleedin’ sylvari. As in, popped out of the Pale Tree’s very own pod. You go from being her treasured and trusted child with a crucial mission (the early, cultural story-arcs) to Generic Featureless Stranger whom even your own mother doesn’t recognize. It’s a serious game-killer for me.

(edited by Chadramar.8156)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

So punny it’s awesome

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Meldarion.8394

Meldarion.8394

It got worse:
Traherne: I will go with you. Our fates are bound together and from this day forward we fight as one.

Me: Fight as one? Does that mean we’re married now? Noooooooo….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

Here’s another one from my norn warrior. I got to turn into a minotaur and so had to pretend to be one as the sons of svanir were rounding me into the pen with the real minotaurs.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Oroborous.2694

Oroborous.2694

But this bit was unintentionally funny, because Trahearne is such a fey, pseudo-Shakespearian flouncer.

Really, when I was playing my sylvari I wanted to say, “Well Mom, I guess I know who’s your favorite son… I’ll be sure and visit you in the old tree home… yeah…”

@Jennytheturtle: That cracked me up too.

(edited by Oroborous.2694)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

from a choice at Character Creation my Norn character had a mission where he had to help fix what he had done after getting terriblely drunk with a Charr and they did stupid things like driveing around a Charr Military Weapon of War. And a witness saw my Norn and the Charr and quoted what my character said (In my signature below my message i quote what my character said while Drunk) and the Charr commented on remembering the tree being stupid.

I love what my character said, they probly ran into a tree!

lol I totally loved that line. “I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sajuuk.5706

Sajuuk.5706

This and pretty much everything Tybalt related. By far my favorite character in the game. I kept laughing out loud and people would look at me like I was crazy.

I also love the part in the sylvari mission where you have to drug the gladiator to get back Caladbog, and you end up drinking some of the hallucinogen yourself, and in the end start going as loony as the dude in the arena. Capped it off at the end when your Order of Whispers contact was all “Hmmm, stronger than we thought.”

“Maim. Rinse. Repeat.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

My biggest laugh out loud moment was unfortunately unintentional.

We’d just cleansed the Source of Orr, and as the beautiful cinematic was winding to its close, at the moment when we saw the pure flowing fountain that represented the result of so much hard work and sacrifice…

Trahearne’s random dialog triggered, and he loudly announced over the cinematic, “Moving on!”

Wow, way to kill the mood. Glad you care so much about this mission, Trahearne. :P

I didn’t chose particularly funny story options, but some things out in the open world are hilarious. For example, one of my favourites was when the harpy pheromone potion had led to a kidnapping, and an NPC asked something along the lines of, “Who would buy a product that gives you harpies?”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Scifi.9754

Scifi.9754

Really, when I was playing my sylvari I wanted to say, “Well Mom, I guess I know who’s your favorite son… I’ll be sure and visit you in the old tree home… yeah…”

No doubt, I just had a little sad that ole Mom acted like she didn’t even recognize me during that part.

in Personal Story

Posted by: mingnonchan.2851

mingnonchan.2851

“Gorr’s oh so convenient death is merely a ruse. But whose ruse? We need more clues.”
“Keep that up and I’ll give you a bruise, lose…er.”

It was so silly when I got to this part.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ramei.2715

Ramei.2715

No doubt, I just had a little sad that ole Mom acted like she didn’t even recognize me during that part.

Well you know what Caithe said to Cadeyrn, when the Pale Tree wouldn’t listen to him, she said he wasn’t First Born so why should she? Whats our sylvari characters 20th born, 200th? 2000th?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Anything with Tybalt in it.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Personal Story

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Retaking claw island, when trahearne first commands the 3 orders. Once we start moving out, he randomly comments “this won’t end well” as the army continues marching forward with us still standing behind.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Oh man, I can’t breathe. <applause>

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Is Carys supposed to make a chainsaw noise because I broke out laughing when I first saw her run into a bunch of risen revving a chainsaw.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sco.9615

Sco.9615

It makes me sad knowing I’m never going to get to play through all the possible story lines and thus going to miss so much.. QQ

Communication is the greatest gift the world of today can offer us.
So why do we choose to ignore it?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

The Whispers quest with the pirates, with Tybalt pretending to be one of them, and setting up a drinking game.

The Asura Dynamics path, Zojja “This lab has everything you need. Plus, it’s not mine, so I don’t care if you break anything”

In the Charr Flame Shaman father path : Rytlock’s “That was too much fun to stop now. Here – I’ll hold him up, you kill him again!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alexandria.3807

Alexandria.3807

Besides ‘have at you, leafy!’ which is now in my gaming vocabulary and ‘lovely apples’ (argh, I miss Tybalt) there’s one other….

…the conversation between the two Sons of Svanir guarding the pen in the Minotaur story. I just about died when I realized one was giving a half-serious argument for bestiality. “They’re so warm…and fluffy..and they smell nice. And we don’t allow women in here, so how are we going to continue our lines?” I could just imagine the side-eye his partner was giving him when he picked up what the man was saying.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I found the whole part about the two asura lovers that turned into golems particularly funny, and weird and kind of cute. Im hoping I’ll see them again in some part of an expanded storyline.

Agree on everything tybalt related, also the drugging the gladiator part in the order part of the sylvari storyline. Hilarious.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

In the Charr Flame Shaman father path : Rytlock’s “That was too much fun to stop now. Here – I’ll hold him up, you kill him again!”

Where does that come up? I chose to ambush the badguys at their lair to interrupt their ritual rather than warn the Citadel, so I guess that’s why I missed it?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

Where does that come up? I chose to ambush the badguys at their lair to interrupt their ritual rather than warn the Citadel, so I guess that’s why I missed it?

It might be repeated but I didn’t do the flame shaman path and I remember that line. I believe it is from the last mission of the honourable soldier storyline.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ergi.5201

Ergi.5201

From the Drunk at the Moot quest line. I wish these guys would come back.

Attachments:

Ring of Fire – EU
Some must fight, so that all may be free.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Penny.3761

Penny.3761

It might be repeated but I didn’t do the flame shaman path and I remember that line. I believe it is from the last mission of the honourable soldier storyline.

This line is from the last mission of the Ash Legion storyline.

The Gear warband reappeared in my personal story on Orr.

I find hilarious every mission with Galina Edgecrusher and Snarl Backdraft. They have hilarious dialogues, especially between each other.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

For me, the most hilarious moment after knowing a little about Destiny’s Edge is when you first properly go to Lion’s Arch, and as you go up the stairs, you see a bunch of kids of all races playing with each showing, showing how racially diverse Lion’s Arch is.

Total spit-out-drink moment there. XD

This was the one piece of sheer brilliance in the entire personal story.

Interestingly this also marks the high point for the personal storyline because the unnecessary deviation into the pointless organization part that occurs imeddiately after this marks the beginning of the lowest point in the personal storyline.

(edited by Ellisande.5218)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

One of my personal favourites:

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Just did a story step on the loyal soldier father storyline, and there’s a character that’s afraid of ghost cows, which do exist.

in Personal Story

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

The Grawl comparing their various gods in that racial sympathy storyline was funny. Demmi Beetlestone: “Now I know why it’s called the Order of Whispers. Nobody would brag about this plan.” The “Blacked Out” during a moot Norn personal storyline. Anything involving your friend Lord Faren in the human noble personal storyline. Several parts of Asuran Statics storyline: from the Snaff prize: “If entries that nearly killed us all were disqualified, it’d be a pretty lonely contest.” During the atmospheric invention storyline, Zojja says something along the line of if he embarrasses the Council, or even if he only kills a few of them, the result would be chaos. If your sparring partner in the Charr storyline is Reeva, she is always good for laughs. The Snarl and Galina dynamic is entertaining in the Iron Legion storyline and the Vigil storyline.

in Personal Story

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Also, in the Quaggan personal storyline: Quaggan, sounding personally hurt and insulted: “The Jotun are Foo, and won’t share with Quaggan” You: “The Jotun are Foo, alright.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Also, in the Quaggan personal storyline: Quaggan, sounding personally hurt and insulted: “The Jotun are Foo, and won’t share with Quaggan” You: “The Jotun are Foo, alright.”

Crap, I should have gotten the Quaggan! Dang!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pietoro.2014

Pietoro.2014

Crap, I should have gotten the Quaggan! Dang!

When given a choice, ALWAYS choose Quaggan.

+Gaura Havocshot – Engineer
+Felzza – Elementalist
+Roienna – Guardian

in Personal Story

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Except the quaggan are slow-moving melees that tend to walk back and forth inside AoE during the mission where they “help” you. The hylek were okay, the grawl kicked butt and the skritt ripped the risen to shreds. The grawl arc was pretty funny, too, listening to grawl argue about whose god was greater.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arcalithe.6057

Arcalithe.6057

Aw man. I’m almost to 80, but I have a terrible memory when it comes to quotes!

But a lot of these I do remember, and I have laughed out loud on so many occasions XD

ANet, you guys are brilliant.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Also favorite moments are almost anything involving Elli, just because she reminds me of the fox demon announcer from the Dark Tournament arc of Yu Yu Hakusho.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

sylvari order questline (locating caladbolg with cai):
cai: disguised “we’ve wanted to be bandits ever since we were small pink fleshlings”
bandit: “you mean children right?”
cai: “yeah that”

sylvari order questline (retrieving caladbolg with cai):
you:sounding very drunk “the oozes! THE OOOOOOOZEEEES!!!”
priory questline (finding the sword):
sieran: “ok, I’ll make a portal for you, don’t worry, it probably won’t explode”

priory questline (geting grenth statue flakes)
sieran: “you know, for a place dedicated to the human god of death, filled with horrors from the underworld, this place is pretty nice”

priory questline (making the shadow shard):
sieran: “if this works we’ll have a perfect containment method”
sieran: “if not we’ll be lost in shadow forever, ok, let’s begin” starts
you: “wait, what?”

priory questline (making the shadow shard, about 2.5 seconds after the previous):
gixx: “WHAT ON TYRIA ARE YOU DOING!?!”
sieran: “don’t worry gixx, all the theories made sense”
gixx: “SENSE!?! YOU CAN’T APPLY SENSE TO TECHNOLOGY!”
gixx: “you, novice, protect me while I make this make less sense!”

whispers questline (meeting tybalt):
you: “hi, are you my contact with the order of whispers?”
tybalt: “GAH NOT OUT LOUD! what part of ‘secret society’ do you not understand?”

whispers questline (locating demmi):
tybalt: “Demmi’s been kidnapped by pirates! cool! … I mean interesting”

whispers questline (the drinking contest):
announcer: “it’s everyone’s favorite cheap date: one drink dan!”
dan: “…I hate you guys…”

whispers questline (same quest):
final opponent: 25% hp “what is your liver MADE of?!?”
opponed: defeated “oh drinking master TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!”

whispers questline (same again):
demmi: “so do you have a plan?”
you: obviously drunk “yes, it starts with ‘leg it’ and generally goes downhill from there”

whispers questline (using tybalt as bait):
tybalt: in his regular voice but demmi’s body: look at me, I’m a human girl, and I have a pair of lovely… apples"

whispers questline (same quest):
tybalt demmi’s body, doing a terrible fake girl voice: “oh my how handsome you are, I am all aswoon!”

after claw island (priory):
gixx: “I have an enchanted idol of balthazar: human god of war, murder, etcetera, etcetera”

gixx: “ok, nobody move, or bad thigngs will happen”
magister: “sir I don’t feel too…” explodes
gixx: “what did I just say?!?”

gixx: “well done, you channeled the human god of mass murder without turning into a divine blood-crazed psychopath”
you: “what?”
gixx: “oh, right, I forgot to mention that”

that’s all I have for now, after claw island things get a lot more serious

in Personal Story

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Small pink fleshlings…. that one made me laugh so hard the first time XD …
The missions with Cai were actually pretty amusing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

This exchange:

Tybalt: “Yarr and rarr and blimey, matey! How’s about you let us fellow pirates through? Avast, and bosun the prow-cap, sailor!”

Jackdaw Jailer: “Who did you say you were again, fella?”

Tybalt: “I’m Two-Tibs Awhisker, and this is Bloodcovered Backstabbin’ Blackjack the Blade. Yarr. Raise the crow’s foot and rope down the jib-jabber-gabber…thingy…”

Jackdaw Jailer: “You’re kidding. Mates! We’ve got trespassers! Shank ’em!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

He should’ve said his last name was Threepwood. That would’ve fooled them for sure.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Two words: GHOST COWS.

The sheer deadpan disbelief the male charr PC delivers his comment in the quest just sells the entire thing.