Open up ALL Order Asura Gates after level 70?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

I can’t remember if this happens upon completion of the level 70 mission… but…

The Asura gates at Fort Trinity let you travel to the 3 Orders.
However in reverse, you’re only allowed to use the Asura gate for the Order you joined.

At this point, (and after the pact formation), all the Orders are supposed to be united in the war effort right? So isn’t it really stupid that the other Orders will still refuse you, in your ‘Commander’ position, entry into their Asura gates? The enemy is meant to be the giant dragon! However they’ll still refuse you entry because you’re not officially a member of their Order.

I think it’s silly, particularly because lore-wise, they’re hurting the war effort. I know it’s a small thing but… it’s stupidly immersion breaking.

It also means joining the Order of Whispers is a much easier/cheaper journey from LA

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Personal Story

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

I was considering pointing this out, myself, as I just completed the personal story.

Being Commander of the Pact, killing Zhaitan and then visiting the Order of Whispers only to be treated like an intruder (the leader basically tells you to get out before you’re seen as a threat) is just ridiculous. To then bar players from using the very gate they came in to leave adds insult. How did this happen?

Please allow full access to asura gates to each Order after the player becomes Commander and provide basic NPC services to everyone no matter which Order they joined.

As for the NPC dialogue, I’d like to see it reflect who you are rather than be treated like an adventurer that lost its way and is not welcome.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

I can use all the asura gates (OoW/Vigil/Priory). All the NPCs guarding them recognize me as the Commander and let me pass.

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..

in Personal Story

Aiglos.2907

I can use all the asura gates (OoW/Vigil/Priory). All the NPCs guarding them recognize me as the Commander and let me pass.

Really?

I’ve completed the personal story and the two other Orders still won’t let me through their gates at all.

So maybe what myself and OrianZeta has experienced is a bug? Does this affect anyone else?

in Personal Story

OrianZeta.1537

Aiglos, you may want to ask for a mod to relabel this thread as a bug.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

I guess my memory failed me when I said that they worked.
Just tested them on my OoW and Priory characters, and they don’t allow me to pass.
Proof:

Attachments:

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

I think (would need to test this to be sure) you can go from Trinity TO any of the orders, but can only go FROM your own order. Which just raises further questions.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Acaelus Thorne.3862

Acaelus Thorne.3862

One thing that I have notice is that, once you visit the orders HQ its will let you pass if you decide go back, but if you exit the HQ you are automatically restricted from using the gate. They really need to unrestricted the gates once you complete the quest where the base fort Trinity is Establish.

in Personal Story

Aiglos.2907

I think (would need to test this to be sure) you can go from Trinity TO any of the orders, but can only go FROM your own order. Which just raises further questions.

This is correct

One thing that I have notice is that, once you visit the orders HQ its will let you pass if you decide go back, but if you exit the HQ you are automatically restricted from using the gate. They really need to unrestricted the gates once you complete the quest where the base fort Trinity is Establish.

I think this is also the case. Can’t remember with 100% certainty… although once you leave the HQ, you are definitely not allowed to go back through the gate if you are not a member of that Order.

Obviously very silly, especially since we’re all meant to be united at that point

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

We can got from Trinity to any Order but only your Order has opened gate for you to come back.
I do all researches for travel for free as I find portal costs way too much. This point has very bad influence to my whole game playing as I avoid as much as I can to swap areas, which is not good for exploration and made my game trapped to simple farming

in Personal Story

OrianZeta.1537

I feel this is bigger than gate access, it’s an example of the big issue: the Orders are an incomplete part of the game. I explain why below.

I’m hopeful we see Orders get the attention with fixes, features and content.

In Factions we had to choose between Luxon and Kurzick alliances, with some annoyances depending on where you had more (unspent) reputation. For example, if you were seen as a Kurzick supporter, Luxon NPCs like merchants would be inaccessible. While frustrating, I hoped this sort of thing would be axed for GW2. I at least expected some basic level of respect from all the Orders, with exclusive features unlocked for members.

Instead we: choose our Order before the player understands them, locked into our choice permanently and treated like a nobody by the others even after our personal story. No reputation system, no way to gain favor or change representation, no side quests.

To top it off, arguably the biggest impact of our choice is the exclusive access to armor. In Factions we could earn either set of Luxon or Kurzick, which had basic and elite versions. Really, GW2 has taken steps back from this level of quality.

in Personal Story

Aiglos.2907

I feel this is bigger than gate access, it’s an example of the big issue: the Orders are an incomplete part of the game. I explain why below.

I’m hopeful we see Orders get the attention with fixes, features and content.

In Factions we had to choose between Luxon and Kurzick alliances, with some annoyances depending on where you had more (unspent) reputation. For example, if you were seen as a Kurzick supporter, Luxon NPCs like merchants would be inaccessible. While frustrating, I hoped this sort of thing would be axed for GW2. I at least expected some basic level of respect from all the Orders, with exclusive features unlocked for members.

Instead we: choose our Order before the player understands them, locked into our choice permanently and treated like a nobody by the others even after our personal story. No reputation system, no way to gain favor or change representation, no side quests.

To top it off, arguably the biggest impact of our choice is the exclusive access to armor. In Factions we could earn either set of Luxon or Kurzick, which had basic and elite versions. Really, GW2 has taken steps back from this level of quality.

I agree. I think the concept of the Orders is an interesting one, but they just seem completely contrived. I’ve not tried the Order of Whispers yet (so it will be interesting to see how this has changed from GW1) but the Priory and the Vigil are incredibly dull.

I agree that they really need to flesh this aspect out more. Definitely lacking the same depth as Kurzick/Luxon interaction, although I guess Factions was designed around that. For now, I’d just be happy if the other two Orders let you through their Asura gates lol.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Even though the orders are joined in a war effort they are different groups, just because the U.S. and Russia were allies during WW2 didn’t mean we shared all our technology like we were just one big happy family. Because we weren’t and we knew as soon as the war was over we would be back to our own lives. Same with the orders, if you were the OoW would you want people just roaming around your secret cave just because they helped you fight the dragons.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in Personal Story

OrianZeta.1537

Even though the orders are joined in a war effort they are different groups, just because the U.S. and Russia were allies during WW2 didn’t mean we shared all our technology like we were just one big happy family. Because we weren’t and we knew as soon as the war was over we would be back to our own lives. Same with the orders, if you were the OoW would you want people just roaming around your secret cave just because they helped you fight the dragons.

That’s nice and all, but this is a game, not a real war and never were the Orders at war with each other.

There’s really no excuse for this other than Anet has not had the time to give this attention, like many other parts of the game. The first few months of bugs, patches and seasonal events and even new content haven’t allowed for it so I’m expecting changes in the future.

in Personal Story

Aiglos.2907

You’re not just any ‘person’ though. You’re the commander in a unified battle against one of the greatest evils in the world!

It’s not asking to probe into the Orders’ deepest secrets either, it’s using a teleporter to get to the main base, where the unified effort manifests itself.

Obviously this would only make sense after the pact formation/level 70 mission I can’t remember the name of.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

What would be the point of having access to the other orders, when we are put into a position to choose ONE order to join.

Regardless if they all join together in the fight against Zhaitan. You chose ONE order to join, not three. Therefore, it would be a complete waste of time to implement that, in the personal story in the first place.

You align yourself with just one order, and that’s it. You don’t have access to the other orders, their HQs, their weaponsmiths/armorsmiths etc.

If you want to join the other orders, roll another toon.
If we could just finish the personal story and go visiting all the other orders because they ‘joined in a war effort’, defeats the entire purpose of alignment, and there would be no point in doing the story on another character to experience the other orders.

in Personal Story

Aiglos.2907

What would be the point of having access to the other orders, when we are put into a position to choose ONE order to join.

Regardless if they all join together in the fight against Zhaitan. You chose ONE order to join, not three. Therefore, it would be a complete waste of time to implement that, in the personal story in the first place.

You align yourself with just one order, and that’s it. You don’t have access to the other orders, their HQs, their weaponsmiths/armorsmiths etc.

If you want to join the other orders, roll another toon.
If we could just finish the personal story and go visiting all the other orders because they ‘joined in a war effort’, defeats the entire purpose of alignment, and there would be no point in doing the story on another character to experience the other orders.

You’ve completely misunderstood my post, and also went off on a tangent

I do not want access to the other Orders’ services. I do not want access to their quest lines, their vendors, their armorsmiths or their office parties. I agree with you, because it’d be a bit pointless being aligned to a specific Order. I am fine with this aspect.

I just said that I want all the Asura gates to Fort Trinity open after the pact formation. The rationale being that all Orders should want you at Fort Trinity fighting Zhaitan doing whatever you need to do. That’s it. It’s immersion breaking otherwise.

I do not want all the other Order privileges. They certainly have no reason to kit you out or divulge their deepest darkest secrets. They should at the very least, allow you access to the fort that they are all occupying.

Is that clearer?

(edited by Aiglos.2907)