Ships of the Line STILL Bugged!!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Horiksson.3410

Horiksson.3410

I tried to do “Ships of the Line”…again. Here is what happened:

1- No cannons appear when I try to take out the ships (they only appear upon my death)
2- Zott will not follow me to rescue Elli
3- Elli can not be targeted for resurrection

This is from the 9/17 Update:

“Fixed bugs in “A Different Dream,” “A Fragile Peace,” “Dredging Up the Past,” “Forging the Pact,” “Pastkeeper,” “Ships of the Line,” “Stealing Secrets,” “The Priory Assailed,” and “The Source of Orr.””

Clearly this is untrue. So another in game bug report has been sent. Let’s hope it actually gets fixed this time.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

1- No cannons appear when I try to take out the ships (they only appear upon my death)

I’m not sure what this is… It worked fine for me just now, and they’re set to appear on Zott’s line “One part fire, one part power…”

2- Zott will not follow me to rescue Elli

Try diving a tad into the water by the ship, I suspect that if you swim on the surface, you might not triggering Zott to follow you.

3- Elli can not be targeted for resurrection

Intentional, it’s so Zott can revive her.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Horiksson.3410

Horiksson.3410

Jeffrey,

I appreciate the response! I ran it again this morning and can confirm Zott is still not following. Please see attached shot from my location at the bottom of the ocean and Zott remaining by the ship.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

I’m also having an issue with this quest, except at a later stage. After I lead Zott to the siege weapons, I was instructed to regroup with everyone as indicated. However nothing happens, all the NPCs just stand there and the quest won’t progress any farther. I ran away for awhile and came back, hoping that would help, even killed a few random mobs, but to no avail. I also checked and made sure no NPCs were dead anywhere just in case. Elli’s Hologram, Inkblood and the Crusader follow me around, but Elli and Zott just stand there. All I got was this piece of dialogue from Elli, which can be seen in my chat box.

Attachments:

~Arabella

in Personal Story

Posted by: Murderface.7659

Murderface.7659

its buged for me to it tells me to go below deck and i go and it kicks me back top

in Personal Story

Posted by: Faris.5702

Faris.5702

I can confirm Murdeface’s scenario… same thing happened to me… can’t go below deck to deal with the ooze… halfway down the stairs and i got port back on the deck.

I do noticed that the ship is somewhat “lower” in the game world as on my scenario, the cannons are a lil bit floating above ground… please address this asap, been stuck on this quest for ages….

in Personal Story

Posted by: faded.2759

faded.2759

yup, same thing here

in Personal Story

Posted by: accord.6845

accord.6845

try to get down deck and tele me right back to top deck

fix?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aoniku.6047

Aoniku.6047

Seconding the ‘try to go below deck and get teleported back to the top’ bug.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chalice.1280

Chalice.1280

^same here, sigh

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

I was able to complete the quest last night, before this newest patch. Previously I couldn’t because Zott never followed.

I will say though, the whole “if you miss one ‘4’ key you will die” mechanic sucks in this quest. I died a couple times because I got knocked down (either by the giants flinging rocks, or the ships firing fish). Once I got knocked down, my character could NOT get up by the time the next attack hit.

So, if I made a single mistake, I was locked into a knockdown spiral until death and had to try again.

… oh, and why am I the only one that can shoot silly cannons? Theres 2 other NPCs standing there staring into space while we’re in mortal danger, leaving all the work to ME to do.

in Personal Story

Posted by: derry.2789

derry.2789

Just tried this Q. Was unable to complete is as every time i went to the lower deck of the ship i got ported back up on the top. because of this i couldn’t plug the hole with the ooze. I’m a norn so that might have something to do with it, size or something.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Wieze.4217

Wieze.4217

I’m sylvari and having the same issue with going below deck, then being transported to begin position as if I fell in the water.

Meaning the race does not matter at all. Please fix this, thank you.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I apologize, that’s totally my fault. I was trying to fix another bug and accidentally introduced this one. Testing a fix now for the 10/1 update.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

That is fine and all, but why exactly is a fix that would be (seemingly) simple. Take 6 days to implement? Especially when you are already testing it… Is there no sort of hotfix currently implemented? If not, I would think that would be the most important thing. Getting rid of scheduled updating and updating when a fix is ready. I know there are a few disadvantages to this, but in the most part its better than waiting 6 days for people who cannot progress through the game…

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I know it’s frustrating, but it’s a bug at the end of the game for players on one of 3 different paths, so it really doesn’t affect enough players to be worth risking a hotfix. (And updating just one content file isn’t trivial, so essentially we’d be pushing a bunch of other stuff that hasn’t had time to be tested.)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

I know it’s frustrating, but it’s a bug at the end of the game for players on one of 3 different paths, so it really doesn’t affect enough players to be worth risking a hotfix. (And updating just one content file isn’t trivial, so essentially we’d be pushing a bunch of other stuff that hasn’t had time to be tested.)

(Doesn’t really bother me either, I already beat it and don’t have a 2nd character anywhere close to that point yet) I just think there needs to be some sort of speedier update process :/

I understand your doing your best, there’s just a lot of things that need fixing right now xD

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zeebie.5937

Zeebie.5937

I have just done this quest today, the key is to avoid the teleporting is to jump alot. have to aggro the mobs so you can get the globs of ooze. then you can pick them up and place them just as you land from a jump. do this 4-6 times and your done

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zachariel.5463

Zachariel.5463

My question Frvwfr is, Do you want something fixed right? Or do you want something fixed right away causing more bugs because it wasn’t tested properly? Ask anyone that has done coding on this type of scale. There is no fast food equivelent to bug splatting. You tweek something here, you possibly change something over there. Sometimes its not pretty and you can’t rush it or you cause more problems. Learn patience. People are so dang needy.

in Personal Story

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

Walkthrough break here.
This is a major showstopper ‘’as stated in video game industrie’’

in Personal Story

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

Note : This is my third walkthrough showstopper … and I did not started to play the game from day one.

in Personal Story

Posted by: derry.2789

derry.2789

I apologize, that’s totally my fault. I was trying to fix another bug and accidentally introduced this one. Testing a fix now for the 10/1 update.

Ok, that’s fine. Thanks for the notification and apology. It makes a difference.
Best of luck with getting it working. I’d say your head’s wrecked with fixing this kinda stuff over the last month.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mackbeard.8470

Mackbeard.8470

I was able to do most of the quest. I did the jumping thing to plug the holes and prevent being ported to the deck. I died on purpose so the guns on the starboard side would spawn. I then did the whole fight and got stuck at the exact same spot the Lauren reported above.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Asunder.2173

Asunder.2173

I can verify that jumping while below deck negates the bug during the step that requires you to file the holes with goop from the oozes. Makes it slightly harder than it has to be, but decent way to advance the quest until the bug gets fixed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: pdr.7591

pdr.7591

wait, where do I have to jump ? I try to agro the oozes , I get the thing I must stick, but where do I jump to put it ? Where must I put it ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: pdr.7591

pdr.7591

Please help, I don’t want to wait till 10 octomber !

in Personal Story

Posted by: Asunder.2173

Asunder.2173

While below deck (the basement of the ship) you currently must continue jumping the entire time to avoid being teleported back to the deck. Plug the holes with ooze between jumps.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Thank you Asunder for posting that. I have managed to finish this with your instructions, I was also being teleported.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

in Personal Story

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

just keep jumping and you will succeed – but watch out the follower not to die, because they will block you from your primary task – gl

it was written…

in Personal Story

Posted by: EXAR.7963

EXAR.7963

Is there any way you guys can flag quests like this. Maybe have a banner that pops up saying “This quest is currently not functioning, please don’t waste hours of your life in futility. We hope to have it fixed soon!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: KryoKore.3281

KryoKore.3281

Yeah, was excited to get to the 80 personal story – then this. Tried the jumping fix – omg no thanks that’s frustrating as hell. I’ll wait for Oct. – but Anet – not everyone is as patient. I fear some may jet when they hit stuff like this. That’s unfortunate.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pyska.1457

Pyska.1457

I know bugs happen to new games but this is more than i’ve ever seen by far. Not just ships of the line but every area of the game. Guess i’ll level another character for now or take a break.

in Personal Story

Posted by: SpiritOfTheSea.9481

SpiritOfTheSea.9481

Hello, we are patient and we can understand that there are bugs, but we are talking about the story line, not a quest or event, so we could at least expect to be able to finish a game, when it was officially released.

I would say something else, I find this answer really silly, why ?
There’re 3 paths that’s ok, now how many people play this game, and on this amount of people how many choosed this path, and how many are trying to do it ?

Considering the number of players annonced officially by ArenaNeT, currently playing this game, I’m pretty sure this make a lot of people so the : “doesn’t affect enough players to be worth risking a hotfix” looks a bit odd to me.

Now, I do accept your apologies and I’m sure you are working hard to fix it. Even If I was able to finish the quest with the help of the bunny hopping method (thanks to those who pointed this method).

(edited by SpiritOfTheSea.9481)

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

A fix is in, and going up tomorrow, but it was too risky to do an emergency build and not go through testing, which is why it was set for the next scheduled update.My point was: consider the amount of people affected vs. the number of people not affected, and weigh the risk of introducing a bug for EVERYONE when trying to fix a bug for a small percentage of players.

in Personal Story

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

For those who can’t wait, here’s how I stubbornly completed this quest tonight:

Once you start down the ladder, you have a few seconds (not sure how many— maybe 4?) before you’re teleported back on deck. So I made it by repeatedly going as fast as I could to grab the goop, running back downstairs (because I was teleported already), and quickly running toward whatever looked like a hull leak while tapping the F button.

You can revive Merri from the deck. If you have a skill to summon allies (I used a hammer and some hot dogs), that will help take out some oozes. Speed boosts help with goop retrieval and leak plugging.

So it is sort of possible, but not really advisable. By the time I made any progress with this, my wife had already given up and left the instance.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ryner.6895

Ryner.6895

I cant do the part where it tellkitteno below deck, it keep respawning me on top of the ship.

Please add in pve pk. Ty xoxoxoxo
ET – Heavens Blades

in Personal Story

Posted by: Belthasar.7509

Belthasar.7509

Heres how I did this story this evening.

Try aggro the oozes to the top for easy grabbing of the globs

First go to the point with the oozes and patching up the holes in the ship floor in the floor above you. You will get teleported but to get around that keep jumping as ur going in, have glob in hand and rdy to use when you are over the leak. Keep doing that till you get all the leaks.

After that make sure all 3 npcs are up cuz if not then the second row of cannons will not spawn (I found this out late as i had already had one ship down and 2/3 of the other ship down), because through out that I was bounceing fish back to get damage on the boats till those cannons spawned.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lillium.6481

Lillium.6481

Trying to do this tonight after the updates, and Zott still won’t trigger to raise Elli (nor can I do it).

Edit: I did finally get her up, but I had to revive her with signet of mercy and then revive the other NPCs in the water. It was really wonkey, but at least I got past it?

(edited by Lillium.6481)

in Personal Story

Posted by: KryoKore.3281

KryoKore.3281

I had no problems with this now after the patch on Darkhaven and completed it OK. The slew of fixes in the latest patch was much appreciated!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Doogyrev.8619

Doogyrev.8619

Stuck on ‘Regroup and assess the situation’. Quest will not progress.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Doogyrev.8619

Doogyrev.8619

OK. I completed it second time around but it’s still got some issues as above post.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Valatura.3942

Valatura.3942

Why so many mobs when taking out the siege weapons after regrouping? It’s impossible to complete.

in Personal Story

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Why so many mobs when taking out the siege weapons after regrouping? It’s impossible to complete.

At that point, I had just enough allies to make it challenging.

However, if I’d stopped fighting long enough to figure out what I was doing with Zott’s explosives (I still don’t know exactly what happened, but between the two of us, we managed), they may have overwhelmed me. All I know is that Zott asked me something, I told him to blow up some stuff, and then he obeyed. Since he laid down several bundles of explosives, I occasionally picked up one and used it, just to be safe.

One way or another, the job was done.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Personal Story

Posted by: JohnMits.1268

JohnMits.1268

I have read all possible bugs for this story. As i write now my pets kill ooze:P Anyway i close all the holes i destory even the giants oitside and i have search for missing holes all over the ship. nothing. My step is bug in “assist merri with the ooze problem”

in Personal Story

Posted by: JohnMits.1268

JohnMits.1268

Update for previous post of mine. I restart the story and works fine.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Valatura.3942

Valatura.3942

Thanks Roy and JohnMits… I didn’t go back and try the story again until this morning, and sure enough, when bombing the docks from the ship, a cut scene never happened, so I restarted the story and it worked fine. The dialog with Elli on the shore worked this time, and I put signal flares in the mobs… and they died… and I completed the story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

Ok so.. on this quest if I manage to die while on a cannon due to bad blocking of the incoming rocks I stay attached to the cannon when I return to a check point and become free game to the giants.

The “Press F to leave” button stays on my screen. I can’t move my character, and I can’t mount any of the cannons. I simply can take the thrown boulders, and go into a defeated state and eventually have all of my armor break.

in Personal Story

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

I now got to the end of the whole quest, and the step “Regroup with the team and assess the situation” won’t have any follow up to it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Spike Firebrand.8943

Spike Firebrand.8943

Just tried to do this about 10 mins ago and when I got to the sink the bone ships stage. I could’nt use the cannons to sink the ships as all I got when trying to target the ships was an out of range error. Had to quit the game and restart to get out of the instance. Aslo as a BIG norn it was impossable to see anything when going up from and down to the hold.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

If you have “fast cast ground targeting:” turned on in the options, it will try to use your current mouse cursor position as the point you’kittengeting, so if it’s off-screen or hovering over a distant object you’ll get the “out of range” error.