Why did you choose the order you did?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I have so far chosen an order with two of my characters. My level 60 Human Guardian is a member of the Priory and my level 39 Asura Engineer just got made an Agent in the Order of Whispers.

I didn’t really have an Order pre-selected when I started the “choose you order” chapter of the personal storyline. I was leaning towards vigil for my Guardian and I was thinking that the Asura should probably belong to the Priory. However, I changed my mind during the “choose your order” quests.

See, with my human I first worked with the Vigil (because I was leaning towards them) but got to experience the Priory branch through helping my brother on his Human Mesmer. I thought the Priory method was really clever. I then worked with Order of Whispers but hell if I can remember what I did with them. Next I choose Priory over Order of Whispers and went to the Grenth Priestess but also got to experience the “talk like a pirate” thing while helping my brother. But I was like meh.

So when it came for my Guardian to choose, I immediately ruled out Order of Whispers and had to choose between Priory and Vigil and Logan swayed the day in favour of Priory saying something like “I have no use for books but I like the idea of exploring”. Me: “-.- Freaking ignoramous! I am going to become a scholar and read books all day!” and joined the Priory.

With my Asura, I started with the Priory but the priory Asura rep really was not impressive. But Agent Batanga on the other hand was awesome! The Vigil Asura was also pretty cool and very dignified but Agent Batanga > all of them! So even though Engineer was leaning towards Priory, she ended-up going Order of Whispers.

What about you guys? Did the order reps have any influence on your decisions? Or did you just know from the onset what order you wanted to join and just went with them? If so, why did you join who you joined?

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Personal Story

Posted by: TheMouse.9746

TheMouse.9746

I chose order Order of Whispers on main, because I loved Elona stuff in original GW.
I chose Order of Whispers on two other alts because of Tybalt Leftpaw.

“Marauding? Marauder? I don’t know the word, but I’m ready to maraud!”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Acaelus Thorne.3862

Acaelus Thorne.3862

firstly i chose the Priory because it fit my sylvari ranger for the knowledge and lore at the same time for the adventurer of going to tombs and finding answers and stuff how to best understand the world of tyria at the same time help my wyld hunt.

Secondly i chose the Whispers for my Human Elementalist because she is a pure descendant of my GW1 character that was a sunspear and since they server all of Elona and the Whisper were like the secret agent that work in Elona, i figured why not. Going with the home theme.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dirlettia.5861

Dirlettia.5861

Vigil on my Charr Guardian since the main Charr leader was so cool. The Elementalist went Whispers as she is not overly combative, and the Necro will go Priory as she couldnt chop a potato if her life depended on it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jgr.8765

Jgr.8765

I chose Vigil because the chick had the same hairstyle as my character.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Vigil on my Elementalist, because it matches his personality. The best way to solve problems is by bashing on them long enough till they disappear.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

Order, because secret agents (and partially because of that old concept art – now Diessa Plateau loading screen – as I thought there would be such an armor to be had in the Order). And I didn’t even know there were secret agents all around the world who only speak to you if you’re in the Order.
That said, going for the Priory next time because of all the knowledge they’ve supposedly gathered.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Myron.6732

Myron.6732

I chose the Vigil on my sylvari because it fits his personality. The Priory’s methods aren’t 100% and could backfire. My sylvari isn’t the best at minipulating people and the Order never told him what he was getting into so they are out. The Vigil ended being the only one left.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Hypergrip.9673

Hypergrip.9673

For my human thief the Order was an easy choice. And I was rewarded with a very interesting, funny and overall quite well written character as a mentor.
My Asuran necromancer joined the Priory. It promised my knowledge and artifacts (wich, if used right, can give you unlimited power! muhahahaha! ehem…). I liked playing the Order mission, too, but in the end Priory seemd to be a little bit more fitting.

I still have not yet joined the Vigil with any of my characters. I thought about joining with my Norn ranger, but the Vigil representative is making this really hard. Fighting to protect the weak, attacking the problem head-on, etc. all seems fitting for my Norn, however the plans the norn Vigil representative has are just so plain stupid and even contradict the image the Vigil has of itself (they say they fight to protect the weak, but the rep’s plan is to NOT protect a priory outpost but instead avenge dead vigil soldiers…).
SO my Norn ranger might end up in the Order instead of the Vigil.
Still have an Charr Engineer who will ahve to decide soon (leaning towoard Vigil but I was just told by my Warband that “All I know the Priory has awesome cannons”. My Engineer is a sucker for big explosions.)
I almost got the impression that if I want any of my characters to end up joining the Vigil (in a way that is somewhat “fitting” and “plausible” for said character) the only way would be to roll a Charr Blood-Legion Warrior with feriosity as main personality

Brains over Brawn [Geek]
Eine familiäre, erwachsene, PvX-orientierte Feierabend-Gilde auf Flussufer/Riverside

in Personal Story

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

i chose order of whispers because my elementalist human character became rather infatuated with Anise, and the order of whispers pretty much use the same tactics Anise does: lure the enemy into a trap.

my charr warrior, on the other hand, is intimidating and spins around in a cloud of axes grumbling incomprehensibly. by the way, it was the only job he could find after they recast his most famous television role: the tazmanian devil on looney toons. so, yes, he’s going into the vigil.

– The Baconnaire

in Personal Story

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

My first 2 I chose based mostly on cosmetics in case the prices of the gear-sets ever gets reset to reasonable.

My third, I selected Priory to fill in the graphic on my login screen.

in Personal Story

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Currently now I’m working on my Order of Whisper character so i can determine my main character and Order path for the future Personal Story.

Until then I’m indecisive between Priory or Whispers.

in Personal Story

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

Well, I choose the Vigil because from the Sylvari representatives, I thought the least annoying one was the vigil girl.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Personal Story

Posted by: Astrea.4295

Astrea.4295

I choose the order to join in function of the personality I want my character to have.
My Human thief grew up in the streets an learned to survive by misschief and trickery so the OoW seemed the choice that best suited her.
My Asura guardian is a straight forward smash-everything-that-is-in-the-way kinda guy so he goes Vigil.
My Sylvari mesmer is very curious and wants to learn everythin about everything so she will probable join the Priory.

- Server: Far Shiverpeaks (EU)
=Astrea Swiftkill-thief-Human; Plurk Stoemweg-Guardian-Asura
= Guinevere Astreas – Mesmer – Sylvari

(edited by Astrea.4295)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’d planned on going with the Priory since the orders were first announced, since the idea of studious scholar-monks analyzing the depths of history amidst a great library/museum just sounded amazing.

Cue the release and I find out they’re a bunch of gadget-happy inventors with a tiny library, a lecture hall, and some sort of floating database…. :-(
But I heard their missions had jumping puzzles, so I still went with them anyway…

Though Iowerth almost pushed me away entirely.
Seriously, I hate that guy. He gives a horrible (if sadly, somewhat-accurate) portrayal of the Priory, and his presence in my home-instance is not appreciated.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Wyld.7869

Wyld.7869

at least you have a presence in your home instance of the order you choose, this is missing here, i choose OoW because i liked best they way they do, means because of the dialog where they try to convince me and of what i knew about them from gw1, they also reminded me most of gw1 and master of whispers as a hero i liked to have.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

My main is a warrior and as armor suits were being released during beta someone had a pic of this awesome amazing looking armor that finally suited my tastes. I don’t like over the top spike type armor but this armor had all sorts of detail that I enjoyed and made it look awesome. Vigil armor.

So yes my warrior is vigil and it suited his method of style of defending the populace and cutting down the risen face to face.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Venn.8931

Venn.8931

If I knew choosing one order over the other would lock me out of the armor style I wanted, I would have completely disregarded roleplay to choose the corresponding order to look how I wanted. Alas, I resent picking the order I thought suited my character because now I currently cannot look the way I want.

Hoping for the ability to change orders.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

If I knew choosing one order over the other would lock me out of the armor style I wanted, I would have completely disregarded roleplay to choose the corresponding order to look how I wanted. Alas, I resent picking the order I thought suited my character because now I currently cannot look the way I want.

Hoping for the ability to change orders.

THIS THIS THIS!

A lot of players like myself chose orders just when the game started without knowledge of their corresponding armor/weapons, it’s a bit too late for us to change for the skins we prefer, and no one really wants to remake their characters -_-

I chose Priory on ele becuase eles/wizards are supposed to be intelligent/knowledgeable w/e. Then I saw the terrible “historical” weapon skins…and really would rather have the whispers weapon skins.

Guardian I put in whispers, but I think the vigil armor is the only heavy armor in game that I like

/sigh

Even if we can’t change orders, I think after having 3 characters complete the 3 diff orders/personal story, complete characters should have the option to buy armors/weapons from other orders and not be locked out of skins they like because the game/wiki was in its infancy

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon