2 hander axes

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

I was having so much fun with this game, getting my guard and ele to 80 that I’d completely overlooked it myself but it occurred to me recently that this game lacks a 2 handed axe weapon, this is easily one of my fav weapon types from other mmorpg’s and I’m not sure if there’s plans to implement it later on but I hope so!

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

I was having so much fun with this game, getting my guard and ele to 80 that I’d completely overlooked it myself but it occurred to me recently that this game lacks a 2 handed axe weapon, this is easily one of my fav weapon types from other mmorpg’s and I’m not sure if there’s plans to implement it later on but I hope so!

The dev team already kitten this game’s lore and basically everything it had built up in GW1. No, 2 handed swords were acceptable at some point, but now the axes… no.

They should make spears a land-weapon again, like they did in GW1 as the paragon calss’ main weapon.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Xephier.1647

The dev team already kitten this game’s lore and basically everything it had built up in GW1. No, 2 handed swords were acceptable at some point, but now the axes… no.

They should make spears a land-weapon again, like they did in GW1 as the paragon calss’ main weapon.

You’re going to have to try again with that. Tbh, with the blocked out swear and all-around bad grammar I am unsure as to if you’re agreeing with my thread or disagreeing >,>

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Two-Handed Axes will be great weapon for some warriors/berserkers. ARRRGHHH!!!

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Great weapon for Guardians and the Shadow Knight. Both Crusaders so it makes sense for the crusaders to have religious execution 2hander axes.

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Xephier.1647

I don’t mean to insult the posters but have the last 2 posters played GW2? lol. I mean berserkers and shadowknights are not classes in GW2. But with that aside I agree, my guardian would love him a 2 handed axe!

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

As it was an oversight to use a picture of a warrior with a 2h axe on his shoulder as the iconic picture representing the class and not even have the weapon in the game.

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Xephier.1647

bump…………………………………..

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

Great weapon for Guardians and the Shadow Knight. Both Crusaders so it makes sense for the crusaders to have religious execution 2hander axes.

shadow knight??!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? a confirmed new class!!!!???? I hope so!!!!!!! we need new melee classes

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: MoonDisers.4802

MoonDisers.4802

I hope spears can use on land … oooOOOooo

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Xephier.1647

shadow knight??!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? a confirmed new class!!!!???? I hope so!!!!!!! we need new melee classes

That would be cool but imo this game is sadly lacking new races more than classes, only 5 races, give us a lizard/draconian race, perhaps some long lost descendants of Ziatan or something(I don’t know enough about GW lore to go deeper than that but Anet could think of something that’d fit better)

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pantsdragon.5703

Pantsdragon.5703

“sadly lacking new races”

I think five races with two gender choices is more than enough, especially with all the customization and lore behind them. Besides, why would any of the pact ally with a draconian race, when we are specifically at war with them? Cross faction isn’t really an option either, as it’s clearly not going to be in the game model.

If there was a new race to be added by chance, I would personally vouch for Tengu. They appear to have some interesting story behind them that I have yet to see or hear, especially including their closed off homeland that they let nobody enter.

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Xephier.1647

“sadly lacking new races”

I think five races with two gender choices is more than enough, especially with all the customization and lore behind them. Besides, why would any of the pact ally with a draconian race, when we are specifically at war with them? Cross faction isn’t really an option either, as it’s clearly not going to be in the game model.

If there was a new race to be added by chance, I would personally vouch for Tengu. They appear to have some interesting story behind them that I have yet to see or hear, especially including their closed off homeland that they let nobody enter.

ugh, I do not understand what people like about Tengu, it’s just norn in bird form, VERY unimaginative if making a “new” race. As for lore, new lore can be added, it doesn’t all have to be cemented into GW1 lore. Perhaps the humanoid draconian race were the unknown/unwilling servants of Ziatan and they join with the pact in secret to make a stand. At least something like that, being a huge stretch from the original story or not would be a twist and throw something new into the game that would captivate the imagination and not bore as simply copy/pastaing an already existing ingame(and partially playable)race would.

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Animag.7634

Animag.7634

While the Tengu may not be a wanted playable race in future for many (not for me, I like them) it’ll make sense that they’ll be that. Their homeland, Dominion of Winds, isn’t accessable atm but might (and should) be in the future so why not add the Tengu as a playable race while at it?

New area, new major city, new race, all lore-friendly.

2 hander axes

in Suggestions

Xephier.1647

While the Tengu may not be a wanted playable race in future for many (not for me, I like them) it’ll make sense that they’ll be that. Their homeland, Dominion of Winds, isn’t accessable atm but might (and should) be in the future so why not add the Tengu as a playable race while at it?

New area, new major city, new race, all lore-friendly.

The easiest way may not always be the most fun way, it’s predictable and boring, and I for one would hope that Anet could compile something better than this.