Acquiring Ascended Armor/Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

So, the rumor mill would have it that CRAFTING is the only means to gain access to Ascended armor.

First off, I sincerely hope that this is untrue. The whole theme of this game is to play the way you want, correct? Some people love to craft, some love to hunt achievements, run dungeons, or even aimlessly wander the landscape.

For the most part, top tier gear can be acquired through a variety of activity. You can reliably get full exotic weapons and armor from…

• Mystic Forge
  • Crafting
  • Any 1 of the dozen dungeons
  • WvW Badges
  • Trading Post

Meanwhile, Ascended weapons (and armor if the rumors hold true) can ONLY be reliably earned from:

• Crafting

Why JUST crafting?! Some of us HATE crafting! Aren’t we supposed to be playing this game our way?

in Suggestions

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

When they are first introduced crafting will be the only way to get asceneded gear, if i remember the weapons can be gotten from your rank chests in wvw

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

When they are first introduced crafting will be the only way to get asceneded gear, if i remember the weapons can be gotten from your rank chests in wvw

So an extremely low RNG chance, or crafting.

That’s exactly my point. Why?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

You forgot getting exotic armor from Karma temples.

Also, forgot the different ways to get ascended trinkets:

Amulets, earings, rings with laurels +ectos or badges of honors.
Earings with guild commendations + gold (that you get from guild missions)
Rings with pristine relics from fractals/daily chest drops.

But you can only get weapons and armor by crafting?

You don’t need to spend 200 gold to get any of those, you just need to play the game to get laurels. Or run a fractal lvl 10 once a day to get the pristine relics, or spend 2 hours at most once a week doing guild missions.

It’s clear to me that ascended armor/weapons are designed to be gold sinks.

Bläck Dähliä

in Suggestions

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

Im sure they will expand it eventualy like they did with the trinkets

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fingolfin.2568

Fingolfin.2568

With Nov. 26 patch we can drop ascended weapons from lvl 10 fractal daily chest; and we will be able to get more daily chests, one every 10 lvls or so (lvl 1-10; lvl 11-20; lvl 21-30 and so on). I’ve been playing since launch and i didn’t get a single precursor or a 100g weapon to sell, so my hopes to get an ascended weapon form frac’s chests are not really high… hope anet will let us to obtain ascended armors not only through craft, 6 pieces for each character will be really a pain to craft…for me at least, or rng drops!