Advertisement

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

This is just a suggestion Here goes…

I was just wondering if ArenaNet can create more advertisements for Guild Wars 2 so that it will get more publicity than it has right now. Not saying that this should be done immediately but I was just wondering if it’s possible. If not, I understand

Also, I would like to hear opinions and the like if that’s fine

Thankiez.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Advertisement is a hit or miss kind of thing. If we’re talking television, then the best timeslots for a commercial would be weekly primetime (9pm-12pm) and Saturday morning/afternoons. Unfortunately these are also the most expensive slots. Not to mention that many people in the target demographic have switched to free/paid streaming services for their television.

Buying a page in a gaming mag is cost effective in comparison, although that is also a dieing media.

Then we have website advertisements. These are by far the most effective for game advertisements as they can be shown on specific websites where gamers are sure to gather. MMOC usually runs a GW2 ad, for example.

So I think ANet is handling advertisement quite well. They are getting their name out there while not wasting money. Free advertising such as TIME’s game of the year column is a great bonus.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

(edited by Toxyn.9608)

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Cowrex.9564

Advertisement is a hit or miss kind of thing. If we’re talking television, then the best timeslots for a commercial would be weekly primetime (9pm-12pm) and Saturday morning/afternoons. Unfortunately these are also the most expensive slots. Not to mention that many people in the target demographic have switched to free/paid streaming services for their television.

Buying a page in a gaming mag is cost effective in comparison, although that is also a dieing media.

Then we have website advertisements. These are by far the most effective for game advertisements as they can be shown on specific websites where gamers are sure to gather. MMOC usually runs a GW2 ad, for example.

So I think ANet is handling advertisement quite well. They are getting their name out there while not wasting money. Free advertising such as TIME’s game of the year column is a great bonus.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for your epic input I heard about GW2 winning Time’s Goty (Which is awesome). I just hope that GW2 will place their awards in their DVD covers (Kind of makes it interesting to keep plus you get to show off to your friends)

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

No problem! Of course as the old saying goes, “Build it and they will come.”. There is no better advertisement than creating a great game that people want to play. At that point, word of mouth becomes an advertising tool and they will get more accolades like what TIME has given them.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Cowrex.9564

No problem! Of course as the old saying goes, “Build it and they will come.”. There is no better advertisement than creating a great game that people want to play. At that point, word of mouth becomes an advertising tool and they will get more accolades like what TIME has given them.

That’s an awesome way of putting it I sure do hope that GW2 wins more awards! It is a game that deserves them

P.S. I counted the awards GW2 has atm, and I counted about 10 Overall Game, MMO, PC of the year

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

I hope they don’t make a horrible advert like these guys:

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Cowrex.9564

I hope they don’t make a horrible advert like these guys:

I was kind of shocked to see that trailer

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Advertising works, Its a known fact.
As far as gaming goes, I can still clearly remember WoWs ‘Wrath of the Lich King’ adverts, ‘Cataclysm’ ads and who can forget MrT doing the WoW commercials !

Id love to see Anet investing in some serious advertising, speculate to accumulate guys !

:)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Advertisement

in Suggestions

Cowrex.9564

Advertising works, Its a known fact.
As far as gaming goes, I can still clearly remember WoWs ‘Wrath of the Lich King’ adverts, ‘Cataclysm’ ads and who can forget MrT doing the WoW commercials !

Id love to see Anet investing in some serious advertising, speculate to accumulate guys !

:)

About that… it would be awesome for Anet to post a huge poster on the side of a building advertising GW2