Allow Us To Knock Off Enemies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Hey all!

So, the other day I was fighting some dredge on ledges and I noticed that when I did a certain long-bow skill (I forget what it’s called), that when the enemy was supposed to fall off (due to the distance), he was always stopped by an invisible wall. However, moments later, I’d find the Dredge attacking me and suddenly I was being pushed off the ledge. This includes attacks for Fear, which I’ve also noticed.

I think enemies should have the same playing field we have. If we can fall off the ledge, so can they. I also think it’s somewhat strategy to try to push an enemy off the ledge to kill them (or so they can just run back up to you). Regardless, it’s a bit unfair in my opinion.

Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

wont happen cos of idiot trolls. EVER, trust me on this.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Pointless.3869

The Pointless.3869

There’s this and there’s also the possibility of accidentally knocking a foe you needed to kill off a bridge for any reason. As awesome as throwing people off cliffs sounds, it’s not too great if they land in water or don’t take as much fall damage as you’d counted on. Oh and they’re out of the range of your bow/gun too.

Personally I’d just prefer it if monsters weren’t able to knock players off cliffs, but =shrug=.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Well it should at least be equal, either both able to push off cliffs or neither and to be honest despite any fear of trolls or other issues I would prefer for you to be able to push foes off cliffs. I know its a completely different game but I loved doing it in Skyrim

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

Pushing NPCs off the cliff is a bad idea because people that are “Trolls/Rude/Mean” will knock your NPC off a cliff and what if that NPC has loot of them?

Sorry, but this feature will never be included.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It seems fun on paper, but impractical in execution, if the enemy does not die, or has loot, then it is a complete waste, they either lose their pathing, or you will be stuck in combat until they die/find their way back up.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

There’s this and there’s also the possibility of accidentally knocking a foe you needed to kill off a bridge for any reason. As awesome as throwing people off cliffs sounds, it’s not too great if they land in water or don’t take as much fall damage as you’d counted on. Oh and they’re out of the range of your bow/gun too.

Personally I’d just prefer it if monsters weren’t able to knock players off cliffs, but =shrug=.

If they ‘accidentally’ fall in the water, what’s keeping you from jumping in after ’em and finishing ’em off?

Pushing NPCs off the cliff is a bad idea because people that are “Trolls/Rude/Mean” will knock your NPC off a cliff and what if that NPC has loot of them?

I’ve only seen a few, but nothing close the number of malicious people you’re describing..
Sure it’d be funny at times and could be taken advantage but as said in another post, anything nowadays could be taken advantage of or exploited to some degree.

Some people will rob banks but doesn’t mean they’ll shut ’em all down to prevent malicious/greedy people from robbing ’em.

/Add: Also it’d add/make fights feel a bit more real/believable. If you push a norn against some barrels, you expect he’ll fall into them and crush ‘em, yes? Likewise with a charr. Well who wouldn’t be tempted to deliberately push/throw someone off a bridge (lol)..

To me it’d just add more excitement to what’s already there.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

(edited by mXz.4512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Pointless.3869

The Pointless.3869

If they ‘accidentally’ fall in the water, what’s keeping you from jumping in after ’em and finishing ’em off?

Fair point, but what if it’s right in the aggro range of another mob?

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Fair point, but what if it’s right in the aggro range of another mob?

Such as barracudas/sharks/risen krait? Well if you see those around (they’re visible) either double think about throwing/pushing ’em off or hope you have a team close by. :p

The assumption of all this is that it’s executed sensibly by whoever’s fighting what. Anyways, it’d just be fun and add more realism.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I think this is a fantastic idea. It’s a bit silly that mobs can knock players off of cliffs and platforms (a mechanic which is used to deliberate effect by the devs in some places), yet players cannot reciprocate.

Critical NPCs are already immune to knockback, down, and most control effects anyway. Trolls couldn’t abuse knockback in the case of critical NPCs whether they wanted to or not. And the way loot tables work, if your NPC has loot, there’s a good chance it’s nothing important. Additionally, there are very few places in the game world that you could knock an NPC and not be able to recover the corpse. It would certainly be more of an issue in instances, but it would hardly be abuse-able.

- That would mean they would have to add swimming files to NPCs that dont have that.
- They would have to remove alot of barriers in the game for them to be push over the edge.
- They would have to add new pathing for pets to match this change to follow the mob.
- They would have to make more safe barriers, so mobs do not get stuck.
- They would have to add new pathings for the mob you pushed over to come to you.

-They would have to implement already-existing swimming files in NPCs that might not have them – which, if such a category exists, is populated by very few NPCs. You’d obviously be surprised just how many NPCs do in fact already have swimming files – animations and AI packages (in some cases the AI consists of “return to land as soon as possible,” but it’s there, and that’s all most knocked-into-water mobs would need anyway). Find a lake and try kiting various different mobs underwater, you might be surprised.
-They wouldn’t have to remove any barriers. Who said anything about that? There are plenty of places right now where NPCs can (and in some cases are designed to) knock players off of platforms. All the OP asks for is reciprocation, not an entire rework of world geometry.
-This indicates a somewhat limited understanding of the game’s current pathing systems. I don’t think anyone here wants to see pets try to follow a mob over a cliff; that would be absurd. For platforms where the pet can reasonably regroup with the mob, the pathing is already in place. For platforms where the pets can’t, they don’t need to path anywhere because the mob is probably either dead or de-aggro’ed anyway.
-They wouldn’t need to add or remove any barriers. You think that they need to first remove, then add barriers? That doesn’t even make sense, and I have no idea why you’re so fixated on world geometry. See above comments regarding removal of barriers, and above comments regarding critical NPCs which are already immune to knock effects.
-Okay, same thing as the pet pathing here. If a mob could get to you after being knocked off of a platform, the pathing is already sufficient. If a mob cannot get to you after being knocked, then it’s either 1) dead from fall damage (most likely), or 2) so far away that it’s no longer aggro’ed. In neither circumstance are changes to pathing necessary.

The only possible change necessary is a contingency for the mob being unable to return to its previous position once knocked out of combat and out of place, but upon surviving. In almost every circumstance the mob can return to its original position, because the player was able to get there in the first place, but there are some possibilities, particularly mobs placed partway through jumping puzzles, where return is not viable. This could be easily handled by having mobs go idle at their new position if they are unable to path to their previous location.

Not to be rude […]

This idea is stupid.

Epic fail.

TL;DR: Mobs can do it, players should be able to as well. It’s standard in MMOs with knockback effects to allow this, and it virtually never poses a problem. Vital NPCs are already protected from knock effects despite not being able to go over cliffs anyway. Little or no programming and/or animation changes would be needed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Solution: real autoloot, or wvw style loot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

it is fine the way it is u can knock off players but not npcs
also ikittennow how to do it u won’t be throwed down a single time by mobs

SFR

in Suggestions

Blueshield.6291

it is fine the way it is u can knock off players but not npcs
also ikittennow how to do it u won’t be throwed down a single time by mobs

Assuming you’re talking about stability effects, not all classes have access to them, not nearly all builds fit those skills, and in most cases the “active-stability-time” to “cooldown time” ratio is 1:6 or worse. All of that is a moot point, because the OP isn’t complaining about being knocked by mobs, he’s pointing out that it’s unreasonable that mobs can knock players, but not vice versa.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Blueshield.6291

I am going to reply to you once, you clearly have no idea how much work is involved when making games and before you start rudely putting someone down, that clearly has a better understanding and more knowledge than you, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Good Day.

in Suggestions

Blueshield.6291

@ Blueshield.6291

I am going to reply to you once, you clearly have no idea how much work is involved when making games and before you start rudely putting someone down, that clearly has a better understanding and more knowledge than you, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Good Day.

I am not in fact the one rudely putting others down. I systematically went through and indicated why your claims were factually incorrect. I did this in a civil manner. I have not demeaned others’ knowledge or intelligence. Unfortunately, you seem to have confused my actions for your own.

This idea is stupid.

You are clearly pretending to have intimate knowledge of the game design process which you do not have. The next time you act like you have a better understanding and knowledge of something than others around you, make sure you do not contradict yourself, and do a bit of basic fact-checking within the system you’re talking about. Many of your points are irrelevant due to the current state of the game.

You make it appear that programming contingencies for mob knockback is a gargantuan task, yet it is a basic component of the vast majority of MMOs comparable to Guild Wars 2. It is, in other words, a design aspect which has been addressed and mastered.

I went through and attempted to explain why the items in your alleged developer’s workload were not necessary. Acting like you have intimate knowledge of the game design industry does not lend credence to your claims. I pointed out factors of the game’s design (such as the Unshakable buff which currently prevents critical NPCs from being knocked back) which you had evidently not accounted for in your post. I also indicated that some of your “necessary changes” were in fact internally contradictory.

- They would have to remove alot of barriers in the game for them to be push over the edge.
- They would have to make more safe barriers, so mobs do not get stuck.

In point of fact, the game world does not need any amount of redesign to facilitate players using knockback on mobs in a way that makes sense. Pathing does not need to be adjusted. Contingencies are already in place for non-aquatic enemies being moved into aquatic settings. Bringing up these issues confounds the topic unnecessarily.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

You could knock monsters off ledges in SWTOR and it was always good for an LoL.. never had a problem with people trolling me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reshbal.8369

Reshbal.8369

I also want to be able to knock enemies off cliffs. I’d really like to see implementation of multi-level combat instead of things becoming INVULNERABLE the second I try to fire at arrow at it from a cliff edge. Strategic positioning takes a huge backseat in this game outside of “avoid red circles.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moriel.1843

Moriel.1843

I to would like to see us be able to knock enemies over ledges. It was irritating when I realzied that the mobs could do that to me, but I could not do that to them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

I’d like to see SOME areas include this, put the real problem with it is that in areas with many mobs next to large falls, fear and knockback becomes an instant KO button.

Eg. Crap Im on an edge and an entire army is next to me, oh nevermind, Ill just fear every single one off the edge and get loot for it all. Heck that champ monster needs to go off too!

Sure, knocking enemies off could work, but loot, monsters, and various other things would need reworking. It would be fine if monster away from edges had a unique mechanic that their death requires being pulled close to the edge and then be knocked off but it would not be okay if you could just knock off every mob that gets too close to the edge. That would make any push skill instantly OP for zero effort.

It would also be fine if only trash mobs could be pushed off, but mobs that are close to edges would be resistant or hazadous to use these effects. Say you’re fighting dredge way up top of some rails, you throw your boulder at them but reflect it, now your dead.

Summing it up; sure this could work, but many mobs, areas, looting+death mechanics, and skills would need reworking, champs and those sort of things could not be knocked off while trash can go goodbye.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Problem: Knocking NPC off will be the most efficient way to kill. Just stand near a cliff and knock off the enemies off the cliff.

Solution: Don’t let enemies get knocked off cliffs.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

^This

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Problem: Knocking NPC off will be the most efficient way to kill. Just stand near a cliff and knock off the enemies off the cliff.

Solution: Don’t let enemies get knocked off cliffs.

So?… from starters not everywhere are cliffs so I hardly could kill everything this way.
Besides, using surrounding terrain or strategy to kill lure a mob to a cliff should be something rewarded with an easy kill.

in Suggestions

Blueshield.6291

Summing it up; sure this could work, but many mobs, areas, looting+death mechanics, and skills would need reworking, champs and those sort of things could not be knocked off while trash can go goodbye.

If I understand you correctly, skills wouldn’t really need reworking. There are plenty of knockback/blowout skills in place already which are scattered across all classes. World geometry wouldn’t need any editing. It’s already designed with plenty of cliffs and pitfalls which have served as environmental hazards to players. Champions and many elites are currently effected by the Unshakable buff which gives them immunity to knock effects, so any reworking in this area would be minimal, and would be the comparatively simple matter of assigning that buff to whatever Big Bads need it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Fear bypasses defiant and is only resisted by monster that have unstoppable, which is very very few, even with “boss” monsters, so that would need adressed as you stated along with other knockbacks being able to effect monsters after defiant is removed.

As for areas/geometry redesign, if you knockdown mob into an area and it gets stuck, what does it do? Does it reset, go poof, become invulnerable, get stuck and invincible? If you hit it into water, then what? Does its spawn get moved farther away, aggro decreased? The biggest problem would be hitting monsters into small raised platforms and edges below cliffs. I guess it area design isn’t the only problem, but also that of mob placement. They’re are a lot of places where any of these things could be an issue and AI would need some updating to deal with it, seeing as they can’t jump or walk off edges currently. Sure it wouldn’t be that hard for some monsters to do that, but then you need to add more animations for jumping(ever seen a krait jump, be like a spring, boing!) and falling. Then you need to add more pathfinding tools for the these situations, and even then some places don’t even have survivable falls for these moments, does the mob jump off or reset (I know you’re all chanting “Jump, jump, jump” as your read this).

Know lets say its implemented, hooray! I can know blast pesky harpies off cliffs…wait what? Can’t they fly? They’re are just soooo many things that could go wrong or just not even seem right.

Sure I’m all for being able to shove any consortium Subdirectors right off the peak of Mount Maelstrom, but it may not be easily added in all current content. So even if they add this for just future content, I’d be very happy with that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Anyone remember when you could use that one staff skill from Guardians to move the NPCs in Lion’s Arch? And people would find Miyani moved to the back end of nowhere, or the crafter vendors . . . ?

Imagine now if you could drop them into, say, the opening of Troll’s End.

No thank you.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

At least we should do double or triple damage if the enemy does not fall, because basically we are wasting an ability (in case of rangers and long bow point blank shot), or in some cases an entire build (like rifle warriors who use phyisical abilities as kick, stomp, rifle bash)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Don’t those all interrupt? I mean, that’s not wasted if you don’t knock them back.

Heck I get called out for using it as an interrupt since it knocks things without Stability around and messes up attack flow.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

Find a skill challenge NPC.
Activate the event.
Knock it down a cliff.
Push it far away.
You have now prevented most other people on your server from accessing it.

Remember when we had to wait for server resets to do skill points? Man, that sure was fun, let’s bring that back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

As much fun as this would be, it would 100% trivialize lots of content. Entire areas & dungeons would be based around KB builds. Doesn’t work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skanablu.6812

Skanablu.6812

Completely agree! Let us make them fall! That was one of the most fun things in The Old Republic and I miss this so much in this game.
Loot? Trolls? No problem at all. Just make loot appear next to you in a bag, just like when u kill player in WvW and make some crucial NPCs immune to it.
Its fun to do, and problems are really easy to overcome, all u need to do is think a little…
Besides its not like they are ledges wherever you look in this game^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

I think all the points made are valid.

I heard that this functionality was there in the Betas but they removed it due to players using it in such a way that the game designers did not want to players to behave this way.

Things to ask yourself:
Can the NPC enemy be killed from falling? Is it easier to push them off than to use skills? Do you get rewarded for a NPC enemy falling or being contantly pushed of as soon as it returns to the top?
If it is the case that they are easier to kill by making them fall or you still get rewarded for minimal effort, then you will find more players using the cliffs as a method to kill mobs. This is probably not what the game designers wanted.

Will there be glitches and bugs from pathing etc?
Probably. Sure they can spend time on this. But I don’t think they have time now.

Will the foe be able to come back to the fight or will it run away and/or become invulnerable or just respawn?
This could cause the battle to be unfair or even extend the amount of time required to kill the foe.

Is this fair for the player or the NPC enemy?
Some say that “If they can push us off, then we should be able to push them off”. Realistically this makes sense. But don’t forget that this is an enemy limited to its AI. The main aim for an enemy foe is to go directly to us (the players) and try kill us or hinder us. It will not run away if it finds itself dying. It will not jump on rocks and ledges to escape its death. We the player are able to do this. We can escape battle by running out of the aggro, by jumping up rocks and places where the NPC enemy can’t reach and if we were able, we would push the NPC enemy off the cliffs to make the combat easier. However, the NPC AI can’t. We can adapt and learn from their abilities. If a foe is known to push you off a cliff, we learn not to stand by the edge the next time we face it. If NPCs started to runaway to heal or run to get help then I would demand that they should be able to be pushed over cliffs. However, as the current AI stands, I think it would just change how the players behave(positioning and skills) around the map, favouring the environmental advantages rather than adapting their skills and movement style.

TL:DR – Only when the Enemy’s AI is as intelligent as a human’s intelligence would this be fair on both sides. Adding this realistic functionality will make it easier to take advantage of the environment and change how the players behave around them. Something that the game designers did not want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

There’s no such thing as “your npc” since dealing a significant amount of damage will make it anyone and everyones npc which they will be rewarded for with loot despite who gets the finishing hit or the most damage.

This idea is a good one because enemy npc’s have too many advantages compared to players:
1)being able to knock off players to fall to their death.
2)invulnerability trigger that goes off when pulling them too far
3)follows after step 2, the enemy will regenerate to full HP without being vulnerable
4)enemy npc’s suffer no type of combat speed that players suffer from.

in Suggestions

Culwenimos.1594

This idea is a good one because enemy npc’s have too many advantages compared to players:
1)being able to knock off players to fall to their death.
2)invulnerability trigger that goes off when pulling them too far
3)follows after step 2, the enemy will regenerate to full HP without being vulnerable
4)enemy npc’s suffer no type of combat speed that players suffer from.

1) This is the point of being “intelligent”, AI will not learn that the players will try to push them off. Players will learn that the AI does. So it’s unfair that us players have the ability to learn. Unless you rather play like the AI.
2) Invulnerability was put in place because people were able to stand on elevated, unreachable-without-jump platforms and kill the mobs because the mob was unable to reach them (if melee). You will notice that ranged mobs do not go invulnerable if you stand on these platforms because they can reach you with their attacks.
3) Follows Step 2, do game designers want players to stand on elevated platforms and use ranged all the time to avoid actually using their skills properly. People like to jump but it shouldn’t let players take advantage of it because the NPCs can’t.
4) You mean the the decreased speed whilst in combat? True but I’d rather have a point that they give up the chase (under a slower speed) than them chasing us indefinitely (at normal speed). This is also “realistic behaviour” if someone hits you, you will stagger temporarily, you shouldn’t expect to run at normal speed.

(edited by Culwenimos.1594)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

It’s an interesting idea provided that it’s not abused. You can knock off enemy players in PvP so why not the monsters in PvE? I think it would make sense.

With that said, certain enemies could be introduced that might have some kind of “fall resistance” to minimizes the chances of it dying from falling damage. If they manage to survive the fall, some of these monsters could also have the capability of climbing back up terrain or just simply flying back up if they have wings. I’m actually kind of surprised that with an action-oriented combat system, the monsters don’t know how to jump and climb.

As far as loot is concerned, the looting system could be changed to that similar to WvW in that a bag is spawned upon death of that monster, or just have the loot go straight in the player’s inventory.

And to minimize abuse for loot … well, there’s that controversial feature called “Diminishing Returns”.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

in Suggestions

Culwenimos.1594

It’s an interesting idea provided that it’s not abused. You can knock off enemy players in PvP so why not the monsters in PvE? I think it would make sense.

The key point here is that in PvP, the enemies are players. So everything one player can do, could be done back. The behaviour of a player who gets knocked off a cliff by another player is to retreat a bit and heal before returning to the fight (avoiding the edge this time) or go elsewhere. A monster however will attempt to reach you by walking only, and won’t heal. It can even be predictably manouvred to the same spot to be pushed off again, allowing the player to repeat, until it dies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should make it so their knockbacks work on you as yours on them.

An enemy player in WvW or PvP would be able to knock you off as you can knock them off, but a normal NPC in PvE or WvW would not be able to so so, pushing you simply to the border like yo do to them.

Bosses and champions would still be able to knock you off, since well, they are intentionally overpowered anyways, and it’ll be a waste losing that for boss fights.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

@ Blueshield.6291

Good Day.

Lol

The high and mighty shadowlancer has spoken. This idea will never happen…because he said so.

Personally, I would love to see this added to the game. Loved it in Skyrim and I agree that we should either be able to knock NPCs off ledges or they should lose their ability to do so.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The key point here is that in PvP, the enemies are players. So everything one player can do, could be done back. The behaviour of a player who gets knocked off a cliff by another player is to retreat a bit and heal before returning to the fight (avoiding the edge this time) or go elsewhere. A monster however will attempt to reach you by walking only, and won’t heal. It can even be predictably manouvred to the same spot to be pushed off again, allowing the player to repeat, until it dies.

Simple-minded monsters would be assumed, but if I’m not mistaken, some monsters could be smarter, such as humanoids. If I could recall, some of the Nightmare Court hammer warriors in Twilight Arbor have Healing Signet equipped. They could heal up using that, find ways to reach you and then continue to bash your face in from a different position. The AI could be a bit more adaptive to their surroundings to prevent themselves from falling to their doom again.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Enemies could be flagged. NWN (And Gamebryo games too I think) in the toolset had a flagging system whereby you could mark certain NPCs as being plot critical.

Those NPCs could not be affected in such a way that’d render their body unlootable (ie they couldn’t be gibbed, phased out of reality, polymorphed, thrown into bottomless voids etc)

A similar approach here would be fine; the only remaining issue is the potential trivialisation of fights; like in Skyrim sometimes faced with an overwhelming difficult mob for your level, you might just knock him off a cliff and instant kill; thats fine for a game like Skyrim but in an MMO it can result in cheese strategies.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

on the Diessa Plateau near the skill point Breached Wall Waypoint me and a friend was trying to get to a skill point near there and I was on Ele and her, her ranger I had used gust on a monster and she used the ranger skill push at the same time and pushed the ghost to the edge so it was floating in mid air I’m thinking o why o why can’t I push something to it’s doom…just as we got to the stairs on the wall that lead up to were you see the skill point a enchanter or something ghost was like Yes that is a good idea let me push you off the wall to your death and of coarse I died..-.-

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Don´t need thousands of trolls to break a game strategy, mechanic, mission, heart, npc, enemy, etc pushing something of a ledge or find a way to do that. It needs only ONE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

I’ve only seen a few, but nothing close the number of malicious people you’re describing..
Sure it’d be funny at times and could be taken advantage but as said in another post, anything nowadays could be taken advantage of or exploited to some degree.

I think you’ve seen more than you can count even with a thousand hands combined…

The number of trolls in games nowadays almost equals the number of casual normal players… Actually the trolls should start being called the normal players.

Besides, you do realize that only ONE of these trolls would be enough to kitten up the entire system? Imagine what a handful could do? A guild of trolls?

Oh my god, the world is gonna end at that point…

DON’T UNDERESTIMATE THE TROLLS! >_>