AntiGuild mechanic

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: corhin.2574

corhin.2574

GUILD MISSION AND GUILD SYSTEM:
What about small guilds? I mean the name itself “guild wars” should emphasize the affiliation to guilds. With this new system of “represent” no one cares about his/her guild and has multiple guilds and represents the one that most gives them the possibility to earn money depending on circumstances. I think is better to cut off this system and let people choose only one guild and makes alliances to share influence for example.
By the way with this new guild missions small guilds will be again submitted to large guilds. Why not scale influence needed to do guild mission in relation to the number of guild members? It’s an example and the algorithm should be calculated well but this will finally forms guild with participating members, with people that know each other and play, this will forms guilds with players that belongs to them..

Vieal, ROF

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I think not.

For one, “Guild Wars” in the name refers to actual wars in the history, not the in-game guilds. And even if it was, it’s a semantics argument, they could just swap the name of guilds to “factions” or something and then your argument wouldn’t hold water.

For two, there are tons and tons of reasons to join a guild. Just to name a few

• Guild so that you don’t get invited to random guilds
  • Guild with RL friends
  • Guild with people who migrated from a previous game with you
  • Guild that’s based on a non-Guild Wars community
  • Guild for dungeons
  • Guild for Fractals
  • Guild for WvW

Also, the new guild mission system isn’t even a day old, it’s pretty obvious that it’ll get tweaked along the line.

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: corhin.2574

corhin.2574

The topic was not focused on the name of the game,not even why a player must join in a guild. The topic was about the multiple guild system, the use of “represent” and the new expansive guild missions that favors those guilds with hundreds of members and leaves small guilds with few chances to move on…
Anyway this was not an accusation; I just put my thoughts in words, hoping for a peaceful conversation and an exchange of ideas. I don’t want to argue with anybody but I don’t like see my words misunderstood..
PS to Olba : Btw , speaking of the name : the game name is a brand and means something, at least to me. It’s not only a semantic argument, it’s a fact, it’s a memory of a previous game, it’s symbolic and meaningful: you can’t just change a name because you don’t see a relations between what offers and what people demand.

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

I think not.

For one, “Guild Wars” in the name refers to actual wars in the history, not the in-game guilds. And even if it was, it’s a semantics argument, they could just swap the name of guilds to “factions” or something and then your argument wouldn’t hold water.

They actually should remove the name guild wars from the game as it is a game that doesn’t even nearly fit as a guild wars game.

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I think not.

They actually should remove the name guild wars from the game as it is a game that doesn’t even nearly fit as a guild wars game.

Yes it does. They should remove Rangers, Necros and Engis, though. The unloved professions are being indirectly told patch after patch that they don’t belong in Tyria.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

the game feels more of like “Factions” to me. tension between all races and their numerous factions, instead of Guilds.

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Some of the problem from what I can see is the community (generalizing) does not work well within the multi-guild system as numerous guild grouping feel the need to require constant representation in order to remain a member.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

AntiGuild mechanic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I think A-Net has hired only people from Wall Street. The TP is based on exchange rates, the economy is based on single purpose taxes: keeping the players poor, and now the guild missions are working like the small companies fighting with big corporations for supremacy failing from the stat as “big fish eats the small fish”