ArenaNet's participation

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barpat.3516

Barpat.3516

First of all, I really enjoy this game. I like it and I want the best for it.

I am a forum reader more than a poster. I follow this section more than others. Some ideas are great and I support them, and others ones could be great too but I don’t like it.

The community is really nice, they post their ideas. They post what they think. They post their feelings. They really wants this game became better and better. They wants this game to be the best one.

Do you know what is lacking in this wonderful section?

ArenaNet’s participation.

This is nothing if ArenaNet isn’t present in every single idea.

I don’t care if the suggestions are good, bad, impossible to implement, whatever.

One idea (doesn’t matter the kind of the idea) can impulse thousands of ideas.

Please, I just want to feel that ArenaNet cares what the people thinks. I want to feel we are a team.

Please, let the ideas flow. Don’t kill them.

Please, come here and participate in this awesome section called “Suggestions”.

Come here and feel part of this great community, you won’t be disappointed.

You will be proud of be part of this!

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

I hope that they will read this post. Because I haven’t seen any red marks on some of the suggestions here.

Ded gaem

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Yeah that would be nice..
Read it, respond to it and close it
Like:
- we will think about.
- this will never happen because:

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patbar.6783

Patbar.6783

I hope that they will read this post. Because I haven’t seen any red marks on some of the suggestions here.

I hope it, too.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

From the sticky at the top of the forum:

“Please note that you should not expect a personalized, individual response to your suggestions, due to the massive volume of posts that the Suggestions sub-forum will generate.”

The truth is, there’s simply too much traffic on this forum for us to try and respond to everything.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Unlike RiotGames, ArenaNet did not start small with GW2 and thus cannot have the same level of community-initimacy that many of us have grown used to over there.

GW2 has a big following from GW1 and thus ANet will forever be forced to respond sparingly or have internal debacles occur from staff being too outspoken or other tiresome technicalities.

And of course, there’s still the issue of developers needing to keep ideas under wraps because gamers, as a consumer-mass, are incapable understanding the process of development.

Any idea put forth produces expectations, expectations that, if not met, some individuals will use as catalyst for causing uproars of rageful nonsense.

Example:
Let’s say Jeffrey Vaughn talks about “Prototype B” and gets some people excited, while openly explaining that it’s just a prototype that could be scrapped within a week.

Then a few monthes later, people ask and he says they’re doing “Prototype J” now.
Without fail, loads of players will start whining that they liked Prototype B and that they think “J” sucks, despite Jeffrey having stated it could get scrapped.

Most individual gamers don’t care about “the process”, they only care about what they like and some will freak out if they don’t get the features they like – And willingly drag a portion of the community into a —-storm with them.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

“Please note that you should not expect a personalized, individual response to your suggestions, due to the massive volume of posts that the Suggestions sub-forum will generate.”

The truth is, there’s simply too much traffic on this forum for us to try and respond to everything.

While this may be true, I think I speak for many people who feel that the participation in all of the forums is way below par. In a sense we are kept in the dark a lot of the time, especially on hot topics that the community feel strongly about. Maybe a real developers blog instead of us having to wait for patch day to find out whats coming next? Take the most recent patch as well as the karka patch. Quite a lot of damage to the games community could have been avoided if there was an open response to topics instead of the textbook “no comment”. I understand yes you can’t promise things but I feel that this is taken to a whole new level instead of being in sync with the people who play the game.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Barpat.3516

I read that sticky before posting. But still I think should be some kind of participation. I understand if it isn’t a “personalized, individual response”.

Just maybe you can do another sticky, where you can put what is going on.

What things could be done and what things can’t be done. So the people can get more accurate ideas and not impossible ideas.

Or… At least one reply “Read it”, or something that let the people know that the suggestions are read by staff members.

EDIT: I hope you don’t find my post offensive. Sorry if I were rude.

(edited by Barpat.3516)

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I read that sticky before posting. But still I think should be some kind of participation. I understand if it isn’t a “personalized, individual response”.

Just maybe you can do another sticky, where you can put what is going on.

What things could be done and what things can’t be done. So the people can get more accurate ideas and not impossible ideas.

Or… At least one reply “Read it”, or something that let the people know that the suggestions are read by staff members.

EDIT: I hope you don’t find my post offensive. Sorry if I were rude.

They can not tell you I would rather not have them say anything till the time is near. Arena Net is really good about talking about new stuff that is coming out when they are 100% sure it is. Like for example the New PvP arena I knew about that a week in a half or two weeks before hand. Not everything is on the Official forums some things are other places.

Also note that on some things they do come out and say directly this is not going to happen ( IE: race changes and profession changes ). Although just cause they don’t come out and give you a definite answer doesn’t mean they are not reading or paying attention. Maybe your not getting an answer because it is a possibility, or maybe they have already given the answer to it. Not like people use the search function here in the forums they just re-post threads that have been posted up 20 + times. Please re-read what dream said this should answer a lot for what you said in your last post, if you are still confused about it I am sorry, I am not sure how much clearer one can put it for you.

Unlike RiotGames, ArenaNet did not start small with GW2 and thus cannot have the same level of community-initimacy that many of us have grown used to over there.

GW2 has a big following from GW1 and thus ANet will forever be forced to respond sparingly or have internal debacles occur from staff being too outspoken or other tiresome technicalities.

And of course, there’s still the issue of developers needing to keep ideas under wraps because gamers, as a consumer-mass, are incapable understanding the process of development.

Any idea put forth produces expectations, expectations that, if not met, some individuals will use as catalyst for causing uproars of rageful nonsense.

Example:
Let’s say Jeffrey Vaughn talks about “Prototype B” and gets some people excited, while openly explaining that it’s just a prototype that could be scrapped within a week.

Then a few monthes later, people ask and he says they’re doing “Prototype J” now.
Without fail, loads of players will start whining that they liked Prototype B and that they think “J” sucks, despite Jeffrey having stated it could get scrapped.

Most individual gamers don’t care about “the process”, they only care about what they like and some will freak out if they don’t get the features they like – And willingly drag a portion of the community into a —-storm with them.

Don’t be mad cause this is not the answer you are looking for, be glad they are not giving anyone false hope

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I am sorry did I prelude to you that they said yes, cause I just re-read what I posted and I am pretty sure I said they said no to the idea???? not really sure what your response is saying other than a complete and utter mis-read

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Barpat.3516

@Kaimick: I understood.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I am sorry did I prelude to you that they said yes, cause I just re-read what I posted and I am pretty sure I said they said no to the idea???? not really sure what your response is saying other than a complete and utter mis-read

Sorry! Misread “do” as “don’t”, my bad. I saw several negatives in your post and I suffered a brain fart. No hard feelings :P

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Sorry! Misread “do” as “don’t”, my bad. I saw several negatives in your post and I suffered a brain fart. No hard feelings :P

Lol not a problem I understand lol

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Don’t be mad cause this is not the answer you are looking for, be glad they are not giving anyone false hope

were you drunk or something when you made your post? Where in my post did I indicate I was mad or frustrated in any way?

I was just sharing what I know on the matter.

Arena Net won’t share their idea-making process with the community. That much is obvious from anyone with the slightest know-how about design.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

While this may be true, I think I speak for many people who feel that the participation in all of the forums is way below par.

you’ve never visited an EA forum have you……

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

While this may be true, I think I speak for many people who feel that the participation in all of the forums is way below par.

you’ve never visited an EA forum have you……

This is slightly off topic…
But that also enforces why i never purchase an EA game, ever!, no matter how good the game is or isn’t if somewhere the game has EA on it i put it back and walk away, so do my friends, we’d rather miss out on the game than deal with EA games..

I’d hate for Arenanet products to be like that..Customer interaction on all levels helps a lot, even the negative aspects.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Example:

Didn’t this happen with Skyrim? Might have been a different game. Devs showed off a bunch of random stuff they tossed together in a day/over a weekend. People complained about not getting all the stuff because it’s OBVIOUSLY easy if they can do that in so short a time but didn’t bother to consider how functional things were.

I suppose “this is why we can’t have nice things” would be appropriate.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I wish they would settle some highly debated topics on here by saying hey we are not gonna do that, or it might become a future project. Or at least say something to get the topic from popping up every day.

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

A-Net people can invent a color code to attach to suggestions as a small bubble
so they don’t need to answer it properly.

- Green – ready to implement in the next update
- Blue – currently in the works
- Yellow – planned for the future
- Grey – in reviewing for deciding if worth / able to implement\
- Red – will not be implemented

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Even if they would use these colour codes it would all end in more questions anyway.
And when someone has a question and don’t get an answer they will say ‘AreaNet are not listening to us!’ and we are back at square one.

Also as stated before, and even with the colour codes; let’s say they give a post a yellow code and time goes and goes, four updates later the codes goes red/grey (since A-net noticed that with the latest update or comming one this suggestion will only make the state of the game worse so they had to put the idéa aside.

Imagine the complaits of how A-net are liars and they will never ever buy a game from them and yadayadayada (I have seen that happen).

Nothing said, no promises.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

And the question is, does Arenanet do something with the sugestions?

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

ArenaNet's participation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Do we really want them replying to a “can we have mounts” thread ten or more times a day instead of working on something that will be in the game? Heck, I’ve even seen them reply in a thread and people to continue to post complaining there was no reply.

Perhaps if there was a sticky up top that listed the most common requests and a status on them.

Mounts…not on our radar
Guildhalls and housing….sometime in the future (no exact date)
etc

Then we could refer people to the sticky.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!