Autotargetting and Grapes!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

1. Since the description of Auto-target is – “If you use a skill with nothing targeted, the game will automatically select an appropriate target for you”. Ok, so since this auto-target often decides that bunnies, moa birds, boars and sparkfly are appropriate targets, could you please replace this broken (or stupid) checkbox with Target Nearest Enemy when you use a skill with nothing targeted? Even if it doesn’t target something daft like a bunny it’ll auto-target a monster not in the group I’m fighting but one about 50 feet away that’s not even aware of my presence. Worse than that sometimes even a boar 50 feet away.

2. I was doing the grapes quest in Queensdale and something that has annoyed me for a while was magnified by this quest. Every time I take grapes to the NPC I have to click “Here’s some grapes” then click a second speech option every single time. Can’t we have it so that after the first time we just give them the item and go collect more in these types of quests so we don’t have to click/say “Here are some grapes/or whatever” 20+ times?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

On item 1….. Yes please stop targeting non-threatening targets, it’s really annoying when a risen is trying to rip your insides outside and you target the moa that’s actually just off screen to the right/left.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

1. Since the description of Auto-target is – “If you use a skill with nothing targeted, the game will automatically select an appropriate target for you”. Ok, so since this auto-target often decides that bunnies, moa birds, boars and sparkfly are appropriate targets, could you please replace this broken (or stupid) checkbox with Target Nearest Enemy when you use a skill with nothing targeted? Even if it doesn’t target something daft like a bunny it’ll auto-target a monster not in the group I’m fighting but one about 50 feet away that’s not even aware of my presence. Worse than that sometimes even a boar 50 feet away.

Well, appropriate seems to be regarded as a non-green nameplate. I have actually turned off autotargetting and turned on sticky-targetting. This way I can tab-target to, or click-target, what I deem an “appropriate” target. I agree with your point, and it’s part of the reason I have the settings the way I do. This way I’m not kiling bunnies (unless that was my intent as it sometimes is), and I won’t be auto-selecting a new target as soon as the first one is dead – as often times I don’t have any desire to start a fight with the veteran standing just out of aggro range while I have less than 50% health.

2. I was doing the grapes quest in Queensdale and something that has annoyed me for a while was magnified by this quest. Every time I take grapes to the NPC I have to click “Here’s some grapes” then click a second speech option every single time. Can’t we have it so that after the first time we just give them the item and go collect more in these types of quests so we don’t have to click/say “Here are some grapes/or whatever” 20+ times?

On this point I couldn’t really agree more. What’s more annoying, I think, is that some of the quests in this style follow your suggestion. The Charr have a heart/event wherein you bring them cannon balls, as you pick one up and carry it to the Charr Instructor all you need to do is hit “F” and she’ll take it from you. No talking required at all! I find this to be rather annoying, personally, that I can do that in one place, but not in another. I think uniformity would be most appreciated by the masses.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

yes to both!!!

I’m not a programmer but how difficult should it be to make some preferences in auto-targetting? Like a) First choice: The foe who is attacking you. b) Second choice (if there are several foes): The one with lower health (since it is better to finish a low health one and then fight the others than fighting a full health one while another at his 5% is still hitting at you, and this is specially usefull when you’ve been downed) and c) The one closest to you, specially if you’re facing it.

About the second point I also agree. I can add another example: the “Steal food from the Grawls” at Wayfarer Foothills. Not only you have ALWAYS the same dialog, it makes a Violent reply popup window appear and in the rush I always click on it so my poor Norn is winning Violent personality points from that event day after day without wanting to XD.

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.9678

Dante.9678

yes to both!!!

I’m not a programmer but how difficult should it be to make some preferences in auto-targetting? Like a) First choice: The foe who is attacking you. b) Second choice (if there are several foes): The one with lower health (since it is better to finish a low health one and then fight the others than fighting a full health one while another at his 5% is still hitting at you, and this is specially usefull when you’ve been downed) and c) The one closest to you, specially if you’re facing it.

About the second point I also agree. I can add another example: the “Steal food from the Grawls” at Wayfarer Foothills. Not only you have ALWAYS the same dialog, it makes a Violent reply popup window appear and in the rush I always click on it so my poor Norn is winning Violent personality points from that event day after day without wanting to XD.

You’re a Norn, you should be bashing the skulls in of the people who would dare to speak to a mighty beast of the wild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Another thing I wish they would change is skills that are buffs for you will target nearby mobs. Such as warhorn skill 5 on the ranger. What this does here is cause my pet to attack any nearby mob, including yellow mobs, that I am running by. On my warrior, the warhorn speed boost skill will cause my character to strike a nearby mob I am running by. Which means of course that I enter combat and slow down right when I am trying for a speed boost. Skills that are buffs for you or allies only shouldn’t agro nearby mobs.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Imagine 3 rings of enemies surrounding your character. Here is how it prioritizes targets:

1.) Non-threatening npc to the left of your character.
2.) Hostile NPC out of range of your long ranged attack while wielding melee.
3.) Hostile NPC behind you.
4.) Do not target.
5.) Critter.
6.) Target directly in front of your camera.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

It certainly feels that way at times Zacchary