Bring back henchmen

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: nemesis.6483

nemesis.6483

I think guild wars 2 should bring back henchmen. Even if it just allows for each person to only have one, and maybe make having them there take up an elite skill slot. I enjoy playing the game and running dungeons, but often times I dont have enough of my friends on to make a full group. And I hate seeing the lfg tags that require level 80, full zerker, all exotics, ping stats. I think if guild wars released a way to have a henchman, customize their weapons, armor, and skills, it would make the game more enjoyable for the casual gamers like myself. It would even be a feature that I would pay 1000 gems to unlock for my account.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Layka.7465

Layka.7465

+1. I really enjoy heroes/henchmen/mercenarys.

PD: Prepare to listen “Go back to skyrim noob” etc.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I would love to see them – especially in dungeons but the GW2 ai isn’t near as intelligent as they were in Gw1.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

NO, No henchmen… That would ruin A LOT in this game!!!! Thanks…

Kima & Co

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

PD: Prepare to listen “Go back to skyrim noob” etc.

I dislike the fact that people say that. It’s a bad suggestion in an argument; people who say that must not understand that no game is completely unique, and infact always have similarities, but sharing more similarities doesn’t make them the same game.

Rather than rant on it any longer, because it’s off topic, I have to say I think I’m for this, because I think it would be nice to have, as fluff, as well as being useful (so long as it has limitations). The Warband support that Charr get only lasts 30 seconds, which seems seems somewhat short. They just kinda disappear and then you’re on your own again. =(

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

(edited by DietPepsi.4371)

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: nemesis.6483

nemesis.6483

How would it ruin a lot in the game? People who want to play with other people can, and people who can only play at off peak times can still enjoy the game with henchmen. No one would force you to use them.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

I would love to see them – especially in dungeons but the GW2 ai isn’t near as intelligent as they were in Gw1.

The AI would have to be a lot more intelligent than in GW1, since they would have to dodge in this game.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

While I loved how heroes & henchies added an almost RTS element to GW1, I will also state that I thought they were the death of multiplayer in that game.
Oftentimes, hero monks were easier to get than human ones and performed more reliably too. The same was mostly true of interrupters, necros and ritualists.

Be careful what you wish for.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Margarita Sublime.5708

Margarita Sublime.5708

I agree, bring back henchies or give us one hero please. Some of us solo most of the time or only have one or two in the guild.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No thanks! Make some friends if you want people to hang out with.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

How would it ruin a lot in the game? People who want to play with other people can, and people who can only play at off peak times can still enjoy the game with henchmen. No one would force you to use them.

It wouldn’t ruin the game. Did the NPCs in the Nightmare Chambers ruin your solo experience? Seriously think about that. And if you haven’t played in the chambers by yourself, I suggest that you try that experience.

I agree with Nemesis. I usually play from 10 pm to 6 am Pacific Standard Time. My daytime job and other adult responsibilities keep me from logging on earlier most days. It’s really hard to find people who are willing to do long dungeons and fractals at that time. My guild can’t help me because they have work, school, and in some cases, kids to take care of. And there is no guarantee that PUGs will allow me in since I don’t have exotic, ascended, or legendary gear. I got booted from a few Fractal groups (who wanted to do low level Fractals) yesterday because of my gear and inexperience in the Fractal dungeons.

In the last game, people weren’t forced to have heroes and henchies. They could run missions by themselves or get a group of friends to help.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Henchmen: So all of us can experience the suffering of ranger pets… agreed, the AI for friendly NPCs is just not good enough in gw2 to make them worth while… though with decent ai or a WHOLE LOTTA health and damage, it might excise the pain of Arah pugs >.>

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

kta.6502

No thanks! Make some friends if you want people to hang out with.

People like me would do this if the majority of experienced American players weren’t bullies and perfectionists when it comes to the end game stuff, Fractals and dungeons. Since I can’t control other people, I’d rather play with NPCs since I get more respect out of the AI then the other so-called human beings. At least AI doesn’t complain about my gear, class, race, or gameplay style like the bullies do. (The funny light moment in all of this is that none of the bullies are experts in the Engineering class).

Really,. My RL is stressful enough as it is. I don’t need to be giving other players “teaching moments” when it comes to playing with others. When I log on, I just want to relax, enjoy the game, crack a few jokes, and just have fun. If the bullies don’t like it, they can go suck on a champion krait’s tail for all I care.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I think it is a poorly thought out idea to demand they bring a function from one MMO to another, when the MMOs have completely different systems of play and operation. I am sorry, but i think this is a horrible idea.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

kta.6502

I think it is a poorly thought out idea to demand they bring a function from one MMO to another, when the MMOs have completely different systems of play and operation. I am sorry, but i think this is a horrible idea.

Guild Wars 1 was created by Anet, so it makes sense ask these guys to bring back what worked in the past. They should still have the code for the hero / hench AI system. Like it or not, GW 1 is related to GW2.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarak.4759

Tarak.4759

I’d like to see this as well. There are many times when I want to run dungeons at late hours and can’t find anyone to play with (and no one from my guild is online).
Also, even during peak hours, there are many PVE maps that are pretty much empty.

Bring back henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

Yes, there should be such an option. Even when in a guild, we sometimes miss one party member to go to a dungeon. Henches could solve this prioblem.

(edited by neytiri.9105)