Bring the unexpected into WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

It would be nice if there will be added unexpected events in WvW to make the world domination unsure for all 3 servers. As it is now, if a server has less manpower to conquer a map, the match gets boring due to the long amount of time it takes: Keeps and castles are “forever” conquered and world completionists won’t even bother to lend a hand.

The unexpected events I am referring at are huge dragon attacks over those castles. The team who has the castle will need to defend against the dragons while the other teams may see it as an opportunity to conquer that castle.
A new mechanic will be brought into the game called “Solidarity” meaning that during a “Dragon Attack event” all players from the 3 servers will become friendly and wont be able to attack each other but they will focus on the Dragons.
After the dragons are defeated, the players become enemies again.

The number of dragons attacking a castle will vary randomly so we will never know if there will be a single dragon or more (3-5 ) preparing an attack.
Because we are in WvW and we have Catapults, etc, the dragons will be shooting fireballs, etc similar to our equipments
First we will have to take them down from the sky and then attack them.

I think this idea will bring more PvE’ers into WvW because the Dragon events wont get them killed like a usual zerg would do and also these events will create hot spots in the map.
If a castel is attacked by dragons, there is no reason for the other 2 servers to stay away and watch the 3rd server getting killed, because the castles will need to be captured from the dragons so, they will not become “free” places to conquer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I usually spend most of my free time in WvW, and I think this suggestion is awesome. My game would probably crash during such an enourmous battle (three servers and a dragon), but it crashes already when the zergs fighting are too big, due to an error that seems to be caused by my Windows, so whatever.

+1

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

why do you want to force all the people who want to wvw to pve?

does not make sense to me what soever

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

one or more dragons, depending on how many they come burning, poisoning the roads too

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

The way I see it, it is like when we wait for two zergs of the other two servers to kill each other and then attack the survivors. The server defending SMC could choose if they want to kill the dragon and to take the risk of losing the castle just after that or to build defensive siege and wait for the other servers to kill the dragon then kill the survivors. I think it would be interesting (even more if the players could still kill each other during the dragon fight, but if not, that would be ok too).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

WvW is not a pure PvP. It is zerg vs zerg or zerg vs few. or even more precise, it is a open word PvP with PvE elements in it
There is no incentive for a lot of players to come and try WvW and these Dragon events could be it

Here is a nice discussion bout how to bring more people to WvW
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvE-ers-What-would-it-take/first

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

WvW is not a pure PvP.

i know that, but the fact that hes asking to make ALL three sides allies to fight dragons is PURE PVE.

its a very bad idea.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

WvW is not a pure PvP.

i know that, but the fact that hes asking to make ALL three sides allies to fight dragons is PURE PVE.

its a very bad idea.

Ok, you can fight with the other servers and the dragon if you prefer, but the idea fits in the general lore of the game: nations have war with eachother but they make alliance for fighting the dragons.
I guess WvW is not a place out of GW2 universe, if so, my bad, sorry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I have to agree with folks about the PvE thing.

A dragon attacking SM and basically trashing the whole thing, leaving everyone near it dead would be one thing. A dragon attacking SM and everyone on EB and all borderlands suddenly being unable to WvW is just dumb.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I like the idea of the dragon, because there’s already a bit of pve in wvw and it sounds exciting. I don’t like the idea that it’d stop the wvw though. We should always be able to attack each other, if we want to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

imagine the lag and skill lag if there we’re 2 zergs or 3 zergs fighting a massive world event all in one place, servers would over load, people would qq and rage quit and it would just be too difficult, only reason zergs win in capturing SM and keeps is because they can play through the lag while the defence gets stuck and killed on the spot. imho