Can you make Karma Armor Account Bound?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pinkhoney.3468

Pinkhoney.3468

We can’t salvage the karma armor to get our very expensive runes back, so can we make karma armor account bound? That would be great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Good idea. I understand why one can’t salvage the buggers, but being able to put a set your main is no longer using on an alt, instead of merely deleting the whole set, would rock. The same should also be applied to WvW Armour/Weapons, since they use the same binding pattern.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

The only way to ‘salvage’ runes in karma armor is to transmute them onto normal gear, and only keep the rune component from the karma armor, haha. If your gear is under level 80, then using one of the cheap transmute stones should be easy, but if it’s 80… ugh. XD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Or the mystic toilet. Which is generally just as wasteful.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

I understand why one can’t salvage the buggers

excellent, please explain? I suppose you also know why we can’t salvage backpieces (or search for them on the TP)?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

excellent, please explain? I suppose you also know why we can’t salvage backpieces (or search for them on the TP)?

You can’t salvage things like Karma EQ or the Invader/WvW stuff because ANet doesn’t want folk to “profit” from Karma. As for backpieces, try searching for Spineguard – that’ll give you some green/yellow options.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Karma items can’t be sold or salvaged in order to help prevent Karma → Gold transfer. Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes exist, true, but they are an exception to the rule.

Now, I’d be happy with account bound karma armors, but I think it would be simpler to just make karma armors with added upgrades salvageable for only the rune, with the usual chance for failure. The game knows the discrete components that an upgraded or transmuted item is made of, so such a thing shouldn’t actually be too difficult to implement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

You can’t salvage things like Karma EQ or the Invader/WvW stuff because ANet doesn’t want folk to “profit” from Karma. As for backpieces, try searching for Spineguard – that’ll give you some green/yellow options.

Orrian Jewellery Boxes make it entirely possible to profit from karma, far moreso than you’d get from salvaging 42K exotics.
What if I want an exotic backpiece?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Orrian Jewellery Boxes make it entirely possible to profit from karma, far moreso than you’d get from salvaging 42K exotics.
What if I want an exotic backpiece?

Almost all Temples in Orr have Karma merchants that also sell exotic backpieces, they are pretty sweet. They have almost all stats combinations but if I recall right they lack berserker, the closest thing to it is the one with Toughness, Power and Crit Dmg. tho

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

There are a lot more karma items in the game than the exotic Orr pieces. “No salvaging karma items” is a rule that is applied to all karma items, not merely karma items that a constantly updated economical study deems to be profitable at the moment.