Change Needed to WvW

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awain.2718

Awain.2718

WvW Is my favorite part of this game, right now it is the main reason i still log on to play. Last week by server dragonbrand did really well and we were moved up to a higher bracket pitted up against Jade Quarry and Crystal Desert.

I initially thought this would be a good idea since last week we were doing so well it wasn’t a challenge. However this week we started losing early to JQ and for some reason people on our server stopped logging in to fight. This isn’t during off hours I am talking about there is no queue right now during peak hours on DB.

I still want to fight and I don’t want to give up. But at this point it is really hard for us to accomplish anything just because we are so outnumbered.

This isn’t the issue that bothers me, i have no problem being outnumbered.

But the current WvW outmanned buff needs to changed. Why it gives magic and gold find really makes no sense to me. In a typical night when there is a queue i die maybe 2 or 3 times a night. When we are severely outnumber i easily die a dozen times a night. It is really discouraging and makes it so i can’t even afford to play.

I have full level 80 exotics and a full repair for me is almost 16 silver.

The only change I want is when you are outmanned you should not take any durability damage. If we are going to get farmed for kills at least don’t make us pay for it. If this doesn’t get changed I could see my WvW days numbered.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

I also want to see repairs gone for good during WvWvW. I am fighting for my server yet I have to pay for it when I die? This makes me feel like the real world we are living in. Do what’s best for your country but don’t expect your country to pay for your losses. xD

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I was shocked to see that I had to pay for repairs in WvWvW. It just makes no sense at all.

+1 for no repairs on my behalf too

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Repair costs in pvp is off-putting. More people would jump into pvp without these.

+1 to no repair costs.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temper.7265

Temper.7265

I agree

It’s not encouraging server community pride by detering WvW through extra money sinks.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

Yeah, no repairs in W3 if you are killed by a player/siege.

I’d say if it’s by npcs then still repair cost to discourage npc farming in W3 instead of actual BG combat.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I agree, there should be no repair costs for PvP, but if you’re killed by a PvE mob in a PvP zone, you should still have to repair for that.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I though about this issue asswell though i did not put it in my post though i may add it now.

I was thinking of a wrath of god debuff that is given to players that attack players in the safe zones that give + 50% dmg taken and -50% dmg done for an hour or maybe a burn that does 3x there life that can not be cured.

I have farmed allot of players it is a tactic to get them to stop playing but all in all really hurts the game.

If they make some of the changes made in my post I don’t think this sort of thing will be an issue any longer.

and remmember guys this is still just a work in proggress im sure Anet is going to fix most if not all the issues before the 2 week matches start

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I agree, there should be no repair costs for PvP, but if you’re killed by a PvE mob in a PvP zone, you should still have to repair for that.

I agree with this.

I remember when I first entered WvW. I couldn’t figure out why my armor was getting damaged then I realized that getting killed by a player damages an item. I then realized that you essentially have to pay money in order to play in WvW.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

the system is a mess right now. my server is aligned with servers known as “24 hr” servers so there is one group that dominates as they are in wvw 24 hrs a day, capturing and re-inforcing keeps etc.

When we go in during our server’s prime time we can achieve little – aside from trying to zerg araound to undefended keeps. Its a joke. And the death penalty makes play a net loss.

Server realignment needs to occur. Death penalty needs to be removed. I have no inventive to wvw right now so I don’t even queue anymore.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

I’m in a same situation. And i’m sure a lot of others are as well.

I have full exotic gear at level 80, and low on money since i’m investing it all into different stuff at the moment. WvWvW is something I avoid right now, purely because of the repair costs it brings with it.

A game needs it’s money sinks, but this money sink is over the top. So I totally agree that a change is needed. Easiest way to change it is to change the penalty by dying to another player. Or give it a, let’s say 10% chance of damaging one of your armors instead?

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: yeryva.4078

yeryva.4078

i agree on no pvp repair costs, in fact i am not a very pvp oriented person but i do pvp and i love GW2 but it takes a lot for me to be MOTIVATED to do pvp on a regular basis and very little for me to be DISCOURAGED from doing pvp. I started pvp after lv80 and to complete the world map just recently and when i found that there were repair bills how to say this….well i didn’t feel like playing anymore so for today i stoped, that is a huge let down for me, if you guys like it or love it power to you enjoy it, my vote is abolish pvp, i for one won’t pvp like it is most likely and ultimately cost me to leave the game since many things require for you to do pvp content like legendary weapons and what not.

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Agreed – PvE incentives also need to go like all the vista // poi etc Because alot of players just want the map completion and have no interest at all in fighting.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Change Needed to WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfhound.4165

Wolfhound.4165

I agree also, money is hard enough in PVE to earn, to have to pay for repairs in PVP where you ARE going to die at some point and for some, a lot, the payout for the events dose not make up for the repairs costs. I sometimes end up paying out more than I make in WvW in repairs. PvP repairs need to be done away with.