in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

+1 to race change!

Change race/order facility [merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

I dont mind if i lose my cultural armor i can simply trasmute the skins to another char. That is the least of my concerns. Redoing map fractals legendery is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elshmune.3467

Elshmune.3467

Plzzzz ,also needs a race change ,please, please please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: illictic.6183

illictic.6183

Race change is not necessarily cosmetic. It affects core aspects of your character, including your home instance, your personal story, your cultural armor choices, your elite skills—heck, even dialogue with NPCs. Changing your race would be like changing your class. It can’t happen because it affects too many huge aspects of the game. As interesting as it might potentially be, it is really a lot more than cosmetics, and in my opinion if you do not like your character’s race, it might be better for you to just start over on a new character. There is a lot of fun stuff to do when you are leveling, and it only gets more fun as you go on.

In GW2 there is quite a bit of focus on aesthetics (especially endgame!), but they also focus on lore and storytelling (even if it isn’t always handled very well). Another reason I don’t see this happening is because of that fact: it would go against one of the big selling points of GW2. I suppose you don’t see this as a bad thing, but imagine talking to Caithe and learning that she is now a human. Not only would she look disgusting, it would be really strange and how would you explain that in-universe? (Although, then again, sex changes in GW2 are extremely well done…but at least you are still connected to the Pale Tree afterwards. I don’t know if a human Caithe is.)

I understand wanting race changes, but like I said I think that it is probably better if you simply start a new character with the new race you want to try out.

i don’t know what’s going on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

That is why we suggested reseting personal story and faction with it everything else will change as you redo your personal story. It could even be made so it throws you back to starting instance that you start off when you create a new char.

Anet should consider delevering this as its something the community wants even if it takes a bit more work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revelry.8572

Revelry.8572

+1 for race change, all you need to do is reset personal story

For all those saying it ruins immersion or whatever… Suspension of disbelief is already gone since there’s a total makeover kit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I’d love to convert my Asura engineer to any other race the camera issues with asura in particular is insane and causes LOS/Obstruction issues in keeps in wvw on the battlements. I log on to any other race stand in the exact same positions and never have the same problem. ~__~

I’d have long since rerolled if it didn’t involve all the grinding/dailies waiting etc.. that come with all my ascended gear/celestial armor/fractal levels.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

• Races ARE for cosmetic and lore purposes.
  • After the original end of story line, why would they care if we can change it and would pay for it?
  • Racial Elites are bad designed anyway
  • Cultural Armors are locked on races with no real logical reason
Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

+1 race change……

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryodan.3157

Ryodan.3157

I would love to see race change as an option and wouldn’t mind one bit if my personal story was reset in the process. If even give up my cultural armor. I personally am not happy with how chart armor looks, the tail picking out without a spot drives me insane and I as a result hate my warriors appearance. I’m just returning to gw2 from 6 months off and am very disappointed this is still not an option as I had hoped it would be. No I won’t re-roll my time is not unlimited but I would gladly pay 1600-2000 gems for a race change as I have probably spent twice that trying to get my chart to look like I would like.

in Suggestions

Posted by: soulkirou.2758

soulkirou.2758

In my opinion it is great idea for rase change but in order to complete story on character you want to change rase.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

+1
Just goes to show..look at how many views and replies this thread has and Anet hasnt replied even once.. POOR community interaction.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TopGun.6732

TopGun.6732

+1
I would throw so much money at this

Melbourne, Australia

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xune.8549

Xune.8549

+1 to race change !

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I’m still not playing my Charr guardian because I don’t like charr, but I love my guardian and I don’t want to start it again. I’d love to be able to reset all my story line and appearance with a race change. I don’t mind if it’s 800 gems. We want it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

My first character to level 80 was a norn ranger. When I first leveled him up, I did weaponsmithing. Now he has 500 weaponsmithing and I main a different character (a norn warrior). Although I don’t want to do it in the immediate future, I think someday I’ll want to re-roll him as a different race. I don’t mind needing to level up to 80 again all that much, but I do not want to have to pay 150 gold to get my weaponsmithing back up, especially since my main is relying on it.

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

My first character to level 80 was a norn ranger. When I first leveled him up, I did weaponsmithing. Now he has 500 weaponsmithing and I main a different character (a norn warrior). Although I don’t want to do it in the immediate future, I think someday I’ll want to re-roll him as a different race. I don’t mind needing to level up to 80 again all that much, but I do not want to have to pay 150 gold to get my weaponsmithing back up, especially since my main is relying on it.

Well the obvious alternative would be to buy another character slot. Significantly less expensive than leveling craft to 500 again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

• Cultural Armors are locked on races with no real logical reason

apart from design work required to fit on 6 (each gender and char, asura, human/sylvari/norn….apart from proportions the last three are the same it’s just stretched slightly differently over the three)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

To be fair, you do have awhile to choose order facility. And race.. well… that’s too ingrained into the personal story to change. At least now if you make a new char (even if you delete an old one) if you’ve been around for a year or gotten to 5k achievement points you can level it straight to 20.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ohnodinosaur.3794

ohnodinosaur.3794

+1 race for race change, I could care less about order changes.

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

Stop silence A-net! say something!

in Suggestions

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

They just announced new hair styles, even more reasons to be able to change race!

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

in Suggestions

Posted by: tofuboy.4928

tofuboy.4928

+infinity for race change !

in Suggestions

Posted by: DexVitalitY.3748

DexVitalitY.3748

Yah Definitely in support for race change. I don’t mind losing my Culturals and even a Storm Mode Reset that gives no rewards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I’d go for a race change, it took me awhile to find a nice asura model to create but now that I have fond one id like to change one of my existing classes to an asura.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuruoza.4680

Kuruoza.4680

+1 Race change,c’mon Anet can do it .

in Suggestions

Posted by: someguy.4298

someguy.4298

I would like race change too. I don’t want to start my main over which is fully equipped with 2 sets of full ascended trinkets. I cannot stand how Charr light armor looks. Charrs only look good in heavy armor in my opinion. I want race change. I don’t mind losing cultural armor equipped on me already. I don’t mind having to start story over and not get experience for the progress of story I already did. I just can’t stand how my character looks anymore. Please add race change.

You could allow existing characters the opportunity to change their designated race while staying in their existing order. Another option is to design it so the character must have completed story mode up to Orr where the personal story that actually differs is already completed and does not vary much regardless of race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moeh.7035

Moeh.7035

+1 Race change

Do it.. and do it soon.. please ó.o

Céldin | Asura Ranger | Rookie Crew [RC][Kodash-EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leroy.7145

Leroy.7145

+1 for Race change
Will be awesome!

in Suggestions

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Have we heard anything yet from Anet on this option? I would gladly pay through the nose to change my Nord Mesmer into a Human.

Anet, can you please offer this for us?

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

they could sell a soul bound remover crystal in the gem store.

YES! we need this!

after this we dont need race change!

I cant change my race!!!! my caracter have all acendent itens! we need one soluction!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I’d still love to change my race on one or more characters for aesthetic reasons. I’d re roll but I’d lose out on too many things I’ve put into the character such as fractal level, gear, dyes etc. Heck they can maybe make it reset our personal story to the new race and also make it so you’d have to un-equip any cultural pieces you’re wearing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

+1 to the race change

I think its all to obvious just how popular the change actually is.
Lets not forget that the forums themselves are the tip of the iceberg in need of a race change.

I have ascended trinkets, fractal lvls and my character is 300th rank in WvW.
You dont get that back easily.

I had the same issue with my engi, but that was before ascended was even a thing and WvW ranks didnt exist.

And even then without all those soulbound features i stopped playing the game for like a month just cause i was physically and mentally tired of playing with the same class again, especially since i already did the story of that race on one of the alts.

People asking others to redo their work are just… wow no comment.
If you like redoing your work with the same class you are free to continue doing so.
The majority of the community that finds it mind numbing, and despise the fact that they would lose progress are just gonna keep lobbying for the race change.

Also the unsoulbound item sounds interesting, but that doesent solve WvW ranks and fractals issues.

(edited by Djemo.7153)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

I am very much in favor of allowing race changes with certain restrictions that seem to me to handle most of the objections I have seen in this thread.

Here is a quote that seems to summarize the objections:

“Race change […] affects […] your home instance, your personal story, your cultural armor choices, your elite skills—heck, even dialogue with NPCs. Changing your race would be like changing your class. It can’t happen because it affects too many huge aspects of the game.”

Home instance- I respectfully submit that this isn’t an issue at all. We can already go in & out of other races’ home instances at will. There isn’t any particular functional difference between them that should prevent race changes. Home instance is mostly a cosmetic issue.

Personal Story- Race changers should have to re-do levels 1-30, the “Race Arc” of the PS. Beyond that, all races have pretty much the same PS and choices, ending at Arah Story Mode for “Victory or Death.” So a race change wouldn’t adversely affect the Personal Story, just force a re-do of parts (or all) of it. This is the only major non-cosmetic issue that varies depending on which race a character is.

Cultural Armor- When you race change, you would get a warning that any cultural armor bound to that character will be swapped for the same Tier of the new race’s cultural armor. All Cultural Armor has identical major and minor stat numbers, the only variation is in which particular stats are on each armor set- Charr is ‘zerker, Norn is PVT, etc. The only major hurdle I see here involves armor with cultural armor skins transmuted onto them- you can’t have, for example, an Asura running around wearing Charr cultural armor skins. So the solution would be that the game simply removes the inappropriate skin from any armor, leaving the armor as it was before the now-inappropriate cultural skin was transmuted onto it. Again, mostly a cosmetic issue.

Elite Skills- The OP mentioned that this was one of the very reasons he or she wanted to change races. Again, a warning should appear saying that your current Racial Elite skill will be swapped for the new race’s one. Not an issue.

Dialog with NPCs? They don’t even know whether we’re male or female! While there may be some racial variations in NPC dialogs, so what? They don’t affect game play.

So I respectfully beg to differ; none of these issues should deter race changes. With a few minor and easily-handled exceptions, race is pretty much just a cosmetic issue in GW2.

And yes, I have a Norn who can’t run… she just lopes painfully and ploddingly along in slo-mo, looking and feeling like she’s wading in molasses. Yes, I know that she is actually moving at the same speed as everyone else, but the snail’s pace “run” animation makes me just not enjoy playing her. After leveling her to 80, I’m not willing to start over with a human instead of a Norn… I just wish I could race change her into a human so i could stand to play her.

EDIT to add: Order change is a completely separate subject IMHO, but could be handled by forcing a Personal Story “do-over” of levels 31-61, the “Order Arc.” After that, the PS is pretty much the same for all 3 orders- it’s the “Pact Arc.” Armor could be handled by simply swapping it out for the equivalent armor from the new Order.

(edited by Lolyta.4582)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fragment.2793

Fragment.2793

+1 to race change

You give us ascendeds, you give us world xp, you give us fractal levels, you give us commander tag.

Even if i reroll and get to 80, thats not even the half of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Askedio.5628

Askedio.5628

+1 to race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

It would cause serious issues with the personal stories. Why is it so wrong to use another character slot?

in Suggestions

Djemo.7153

Why is it so wrong?
Oh i dunno, how about you read the thread before responding with such a stupid answer?

I also just realized that it seems my crafting professions are all on the character im disliking the race of.
Not to mention artificing is 500 so thats quite some gold spent in it too.

Just give us the option, it will be more than well received amongst the community.

in Suggestions

Posted by: efienn.1849

efienn.1849

+1 to race change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

“I also just realized that it seems my crafting professions are all on the character im disliking the race of. Not to mention artificing is 500 so thats quite some gold spent in it too.”

D’OH! /facepalm

I hadn’t even thought of crafting levels attained at HUGE expense when I posted my thoughts in support (above) of Race Change. This alone should be reason enough to justify giving us Race Changes!

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

I don’t like the race change item, but I would prefer soulbound to accountbound consumables as well as crafting profession transfer consumables so you can move them to another character. The reason I don’t like the race change option is because it defeats the purpose for separate racial stories and achievements which is ‘supposed’ to be part of the replayability for the game. The developers just didn’t do it ‘right’ in my opinion, but that is something they could fix by adding new racial and/or class based storylines that parallel, or are offshoots from the main story line, and which go much deeper. They don’t even have to add maps, just add some cool stories so players will have interesting and fun reasons to start a new character for either a new race or a new profession. Had they done it ‘correctly’ in the first place, at least as I see it, each racial story line should have been longer, deeper, more engaging and should not have merged with the final story line until very near the end or possibly even the very last mission.

I’m envisioning the old Hobbit cartoon where five armies meet on the same battlefield towards the end. It could have been done that way with Sylvari, Norn, Asuran, Human, and Charr armies all meeting on the battlefield to fight Zhaitan in one massive battle that is seen differently from each racial perspective and would require different tactics to win from each side. i.e. Charr would have their battletanks, Asurans would have their lasers, humans would have their soldiers, sylvari would have animals and plants and ‘nature’ fighting with/for them, and Norn would have their pets and great ‘tamed’ beasts to fight alongside their finest heroes.

Alas it was not done that way, but then again nothing really keeps them from doing a rewrite and introducing it as a new adventure using the same maps.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Support. I’d pay 1200-1800 gems for a race change, and I couldn’t care less if my personal story was reset. I only WvW anyway. Major support from me.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Suggestions

FinalPatriot.8034

Support. I’d pay 1200-1800 gems for a race change, and I couldn’t care less if my personal story was reset. I only WvW anyway. Major support from me.

I agree with Zoada and that’s pretty much the same case for me. I really like one of my alts but it would be great to have something else.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m against race changes personally. I feel having the ability to change race/profession willy nilly will trivialize character creation. Choices such as race, profession, and story background need to have meaningful impact, and simply being able to swap at will removes this, imo.

As for being able to swap orders, I thought we were eventually supposed to see a way to gain access to all 3 of them on a single character? I think this might be a better option, considering by the end of the story they are all allied as the ‘Pact’ anyway, there really isn’t any particular reason you shouldn’t be able to access all the factions at that point.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Suggestions

Djemo.7153

Yeah cause sex change isnt totaly trivializing character creation right?
Some norn dad waiting on the doorstep of his hut for his brave son to come back from the hunt and finds out that his son grew a kitten and has become the lady of the night in Divinitys Reach.

I totally dont see that trivializing anything.

Also on the topic, ive mapchated in both WvW and LA a few times about peoples opinions on the matter and they were nothing but positive.
Im guessing if i went around DR id get an even better welcome with the idea.

If you dont belive me Anet, go ahead and try.
Its a fast and free way of getting peoples opinions on the matter.

in Suggestions

FinalPatriot.8034

This option is simple a nice way to correct something or give other options to players who may have leveled an 80 character but no longer play said character due to the race option. I have a female norn alt that if the race change was available, I’d use that, change her name/gender and now I have a totally new character w/o having to start all over again.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inferno.3217

Inferno.3217

+1 to race change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

I understand Arena-Net is really really busy at moment.
Also,they already stated that a race change scroll will not be aviable due to personal story and race skins problems.
I’d like to give my fedback about that anyway.
I would give up all my personal story,race skins and whatever to a race change scroll.
And i think all of the peaople that want this race change scroll would too.

On my character i have full ascendent gears,rings-weapons,crafts,skill points,most of the rarest color/die.Would be nice use a race change tool and hold skill points,armor colors/die,craft ability,to don’t speak about ascendent gears , etc.
Please Arena Net , we know you can find a compromise,think about it when you have time and you are not busy with critic game-play problems.

+1 to race chang scroll.

Sorry for my english,regards.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

in Suggestions

Djemo.7153

As long as such a majority of things are being forced to be soulbound (crafting, ascended, WvW RANKS!) there will always be a need for this option.

So theres 2 choices:
1)Make WvW ranks, Ascended and crafting professions account bound.
2)Give us an option to change the race, irrelevant of the cost to gold, personal story and anything else im missing.

I think the latter would be less of an issue.