Charge me for a race change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bones.3059

Bones.3059

Awesome game with tons to offer!

However, a race change service would be a awesome addition to both sides of the field!

Make it happen!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sentinel.8749

Sentinel.8749

I read a dev’s response to similar suggestions in other threads and they said race changes are no-can-do’s.
The most they’re willing to do is character trait re-customization like height and other physical features. Race/Class changes are not part of the plan unfortunately, and it makes sense because if you’ve done any part of your storymode, it’d be all wonky to cut into another race’s story.
Sorry buddy

in Suggestions

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

_it makes sense because if you’ve done any part of your storymode, it’d be all wonky to cut into another race’s story. _

No.

It would only work that way if they made it work that way.

These people built the game. They can make it work however they want. They could make it purely cosmetic. They could make it reset your personal story progress. They could do whatever they wanted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sentinel.8749

Sentinel.8749

^ Indeed, except what I was suggesting would be the easy route and would probably cost the least amount of money to develop.
And from what I’m learning in college in game development, if its an unnecessary cost, they won’t do it.
They could make it cosmetic, but when the player is playing storymode, will the player resume their regular story with the old race or their new race?
+The old race would probably be against what most players want, after all , they spent money to change race in the first place.
+The new race would require the developers to switch the player’s story by resetting the progress or however else you can think of to make it work. Wonderful, except it would cost them money to do it which is counter-productive as they’re trying to make money off of this.

It all comes down to money, and how much it will cost them to create new items with new effects.

But you’re right, they can make it work however they want, its just they wouldn’t want to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smudge.3874

Smudge.3874

There is a race change feature already available…… Its called an empty character slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fumo.8735

Fumo.8735

There is a race change feature already available…… Its called an empty character slot

Aren’t you the most clever little person.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

The new race would require the developers to switch the player’s story by resetting the progress or however else you can think of to make it work.

Why do you keep saying this?

how is it not simply possible for the character model to change, but all the other information (animations, sounds, voice, everything) to be loaded as if they’re the original race?

Make a human, get a race change, talk to Lord Faren in Queensdale. You appear as a charr with the human’s voice doing the human’s storyline.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nymph.1658

nymph.1658

Well…. it’s odd if you are a charr in a human story. But what if you are able to change your race after you have completed your story. Nobody wants to change race at lv 10 or 50 – there is no point, just a waste of gold and gems. But after u have completed your personal story, i don’t see why not. Ofc all racial items u have purchased will be no longer available for u (think it’s fair that way, a risk u r willing to take). Can’t say I’m against it, if ppl want to change race and don’t want to loose their progress (at lv80, with completed personal story).

[to] – Original Dudes