"Cheating" Option to be added when Reporting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diabolos.5493

Diabolos.5493

This would be a very helpful addition to the current Reporting tool. If I see someone using a hack, or exploiting a game mechanic it doesn’t make much sense to report them for Botting. I would love to hear what other people think about this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VBMeireles.4951

VBMeireles.4951

That would be a nice thing. However, I haven’t noticed anybody using cheats yet.

Vinicius Meireles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

I saw someone in WvWvW, EB jump puzzle to be exact, using thief copies, teleporting, going invisible, running away from a guardian with “Retreat” (me), using a bow, rallying from downed state and owning three lv80s all at the same time. If this is not cheating what is?

Seriously, someone answer me what the kitten is this? Is this intended? Can you explain it with “pure losers”, is this an “epic win” or is this a cheating player? All I want to have is an explanation of what may be the case here?

in Suggestions

Diabolos.5493

I was helping get people ported up to the EB jumping puzzle one night. Some Mesmer from another server was hacking or whatever you want to call it. He kept porting around the map and going invisible when people tried to kill him. At one point, he appeared in an alpha siege golem on top of the treasure chest at the end of the puzzle. I can’t begin to tell you the number of ways what he did was impossible without hacks. Gave everyone a good laugh though I will admit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Maybe there should be an option “Using an illegal program”.

As some of the “hacks” I’ve seen are not botting but flying, jumping and speed hacks.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

To be honest I don’t think that what a lot of people name ‘exploiting’ should be considered as cheating. Or at least not in a way the person gets in trouble for it.

It’s a bug and the player might by accident or on purpose using this bug but the problem is the bug, not the player. ArenaNet should then just fix the bug.

I say this because it will then also be hard to say when something is cheating. Going outside a map, is that cheating? I geus not because it gives no advantages but lets say you do find some nice trick to get a big advantage. One may call it a nice trick somebody else says its cheating.

Where it comes down to it that it is a mechanic (maybe not intentional) so everybody playing the game is able to do it. Some might be so smart to figuring out this ‘trick’ other might not.

Now using third party software or something similar to get advantages over other players is really cheating. Here it is not a mechanic of the game and not everybody is able to do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Isn’t there an exploiting option under reports? I recall one, I think.
Even in the case of a bug, using it to your advantage is exploiting, when you should just report the bug.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

But what is the definition of a bug?

And what if the bug does not give you an advantage? It is just to gray. The questions “is everybody able to do it” is a very hard line and works better.

There was a ‘bug’ giving people more uni dyes. Should now all people who did not destroy them get in trouble. No ArenaNet has just fixed the bug. And that is how it should be if you ask me.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I made this thread a few days ago and it got no attention. Same idea with an added bit that you have a text box to describe what was going on. Drop down menu’s can’t be precise, so a text box for people would be best.

I saw someone in WvWvW, EB jump puzzle to be exact, using thief copies, teleporting, going invisible, running away from a guardian with “Retreat” (me), using a bow, rallying from downed state and owning three lv80s all at the same time. If this is not cheating what is?

Seriously, someone answer me what the kitten is this? Is this intended? Can you explain it with “pure losers”, is this an “epic win” or is this a cheating player? All I want to have is an explanation of what may be the case here?

Thief copies? You mean like Thieves guild elite or ambush trap?
Teleporting? You mean like shortbow skill 5, shadow step or others?
Running away from you? Erm ok… Signet of Shadows, look it up.
Thieves can use a bow, the shortbow.
Rally from downed state? Maybe he killed a monster? Or one of your team? Or just got enough health back via 4?

Explain more, because all of that sounds plausibly legitimate.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

No, I just think there should be an “Illegal program” option if you suspect somebody is using the flying, or speed hacks, or any other hacks that are about, and there are plenty.

You can’t really report somebody for using game bugs accidentally, maybe if you expect they have been deliberatly exploiting the bug then you should.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Diabolos.5493

No, I just think there should be an “Illegal program” option if you suspect somebody is using the flying, or speed hacks, or any other hacks that are about, and there are plenty.

You can’t really report somebody for using game bugs accidentally, maybe if you expect they have been deliberatly exploiting the bug then you should.

I agree “Illegal Program” would work just as well in this case.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

None of what you just described requires any sort of cheating.