Choice: Disable Traits to get Stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

The ability to disable the 5/15/25 Traits to get stats from the Tree.

Each time you disable a trait, you get 5% of each stat + 50 stat points.

For Example:

Necromancer
Death Magic:
5: Reanimator (disabled.)
+5% boon duration, +50 Toughness.

15: Protection of the Horde: (disabled.)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

I think most Necros would be willing to give up stat points to turn Reanimator off…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Not going to work.

The Warrior Tactics minor traits are widely considered useless. Disabling all of them would give a Warrior up to 45% Boon Duration and 450 Vitality, which is obviously broken.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Not going to work.

The Warrior Tactics minor traits are widely considered useless. Disabling all of them would give a Warrior up to 45% Boon Duration and 450 Vitality, which is obviously broken.

How would that be broken, that sounds pretty balanced to me if you sacrifice all your points into that tree.

And it would encourage developers to buff traits people turn off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Not going to work.

Were useless.

With the changes to dungeouns and the need to revive people…Warriors now need to stop going “I’m here for damage” and start thinking “I’m here for damage and to pick people off the ground”.

That said, the might to everyone after reviving needs boosted…it is a single stack for 25 points into the line…VERY lackluster.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

The ability to disable the 5/15/25 Traits to get stats from the Tree.

Each time you disable a trait, you get 5% of each stat + 50 stat points.

For Example:

Necromancer
Death Magic:
5: Reanimator (disabled.)

15: Protection of the Horde: (disabled.)

before opening this thread I thought “This player is a necro wishing to disable reanimator”

I was not disappointed :P

I love anet’s insane view on reanimator, the conversation with players have gone bit like this:

players: hey ANet, this trait sucks, it lasts no time, only triggers when the battle is over, does no damage, half the time it aggros additional enemies resulting in us getting killed, and the other half it doesn’t do anything at all! not only that, any necro wanting to use a staff is forced to get it, even if they aren’t minionmancer, please can you remove it?

ANet: ok fine, the minion now lasts double the time

(the minion then proceeds to aggro ALL the things then do nothing about the mess it’s got its maseter into)

players: FOR THE LOVE OF GRENTH ANET JUST GET RID OF THE THING! NOBODY WANTS IT!

ANet: ok, we’ll make it aggro enemies less, happy now?

(minion proceeds to be even LESS useful in battle)

players: GAH!

seriously ANet, just get rid of the thing, make it something like “your marks summon a jagged horror to attack the enemy that triggered it” so we can at least control it better >_<
(and them make protection of the horde “your reapers mark summons a jagged horror to attack all enemies affected”)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

i rather have anet actually fix the broken traits…

i would like stats points to be in a window by itself, traits and stats shouldnt be linked and forced together since it removes options for specific type builds.
would also like to see a “free choice of skills” on ALL skill slots where the weapon simply effected, range and dmg ratio’s from power/condi dmg instead of forcing specific skill setup giving you VERY little control over the build that you like to use or which skills you want to use :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

why not make it so we can select minor traits too, from a very small pool (1-3 I’m thinking)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

Hmm… I could probably guess which would be the most popular disabled traits:

Reanimator – The thing is pretty useless and aggro’s things, also very low into the tree so is unavoidable.

Last Refuge – Often procs mid CnD so thieves get revealed debuff rather than the stealth they needed.

Reckless Dodge – Prevents actions until the attack it causes has been dealt (Essentially a 1-1.5 second daze on the warrior in exchange for a short range hit, which when you normally dodge AWAY from someone…)

These ones would probably get turned off by most even if it provided no benefit to do so (Other than having these often detrimental traits not being active)

Then there are other traits that’d get turned off in order to max out stats (15% Crit damage, 15% boon duration, 15% condition duration?)

Instead, being able to choose from a small pool would probably be best (As well as allowing builds to be made utilizing the 5/15/25 traits as a finishing point in a line more often)

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Yes, but Anet with this, would know which traits are good and bad by how many people turn them off.