Clearout old TP orders (below vendor value)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

The dev’s should really consider clearing out the Trading Post cobwebs since launch which still persist, it’s quite disappointing to see this still here after so long.

The thousands of buy orders such as 1copper, which are below vendor value can never be filled due to the changes made in the game a long time ago (preventing sale to any items to players below the vendor), so these buy orders will be here for eternity unless something is done about it.

Surely the server knows which bid belongs to whom, and I would assume it’s a simple enough process to refund all bids for items under vendor value (you can start with crafting materials as a priority).

I think we can all agree it’s obvious the Trading Post needs some development as it hasn’t changed much (if at all?) since beta. (obvious things like searching armor types, back items filter, etc..).
But before they develop it more they should really fix the impossible buy orders which can never be filled due to the new design of the game.

As it is impossible to fill these orders, why still have them here? There is no need for it.

WHY DOES IT MATTER?
If you are thinking “why does anybody care”, by doing this they will increase the TP sale value of the materials to at LEAST 1 copper above vendor value, so people can actually make some profit by selling to players instead throwing away the materials into the npc vendor abyss.

Attachments:

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: drguild.2045

drguild.2045

I mentioned they should do this about 9 months ago and its still not done.

All they need to do is run a query in the MYSQL that if value field x (buy value) is below value of field y (the vender value) then delete or raise to vender value which would keep all orders placed but raise the cost of them accordingly though that may be a concern for people who placed them having there order buy price raised automatically.

So the solution would be to delete orders.

Its obviously mysql as the black lion is just a webpage which the game has a Anet made web browser in it to pull the page which could be built using html5.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

WHY DOES IT MATTER?
If you are thinking “why does anybody care”, by doing this they will increase the value of the materials to at LEAST 1 copper above vendor value, so people can actually make some profit by selling to players instead throwing away the materials into the npc vendor abyss.

They still wont make a profit due to the listing fees and sales tax.

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

if value field x (buy value) is below value of field y (the vender value) then delete or raise to vender value which would keep all orders placed but raise the cost of them accordingly though that may be a concern for people who placed them having there order buy price raised automatically.

So the solution would be to delete orders

Deleting the buy orders would mean stealing peoples gold, and raising the buy orders to vendor value would be giving people free gold, either way is not a good idea.

Refunding is the only fair option to both parties.

They still wont make a profit due to the listing fees and sales tax.

Ok maybe not profit, but at least you would be able to sell your unwanted items without having to go to a vendor every time.
As it currently stands, you are unable to sell to the lowest buy orders for items like the one linked as the game doesn’t let you sell lower than vendor value.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Suggestions

drguild.2045

Anet could make a mysql script to refund all orders by cross referencing etc.

But I’m sure they don’t have time to do that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

assuming they are using an SQL database, some of the games I’ve worked on have had custom DB software to improve speed.

But yeah, I was rather surprised that they allowed these bids to be placed in the first place.

in Suggestions

drguild.2045

Black lion would be SQL id imagine as its a webpage and 404’d before and at one time you could access the actual page in your web browser and I think there was a db error popup once on it.

Also they hit the hard limit within 48 hours of release for number of items listed before having to redo the coding to allow for more items.

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

Also they hit the hard limit within 48 hours of release for number of items listed before having to redo the coding to allow for more items.

It is not possible to place any new buy orders below vendor value any more, so these orders will never change, they can take all the time in the world to do this… as they seem to be doing anyway… 9 months and counting? :/

in Suggestions

drguild.2045

I think allot of this stuff happened right at the beginning before the limit was – hit (came up kitten with a space between the s and h) and the month or so downtime of the TP.

As they redid most of their trade code I believe and rolled it out gradually with new features and the vender limits etc it was back then many of us suggested they cleaned out the old values under the limits and nothing was done.

Then again about that time they also started to take damage control from the many thousands of hacked accounts that happened so they were under allot of stress and pressure for a few months dealing with all that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SadWolf.7654

SadWolf.7654

Yeah this is definitely bothering, I’d appreciate a “deep clean” for TP.