Concerned not efficent please change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Ok so for playing the game 1 year and getting 5000 achievement points you get this scroll that levels your character from level 1-20. This was supposed to be promoting leveling new characters and buying new character slots, but look at it this way; by simply changing it to add 20 level you achieve the same thing and DONT penalize the players that are actually playing for the entire year and getting 5000 ach points as they are most likely sitting on level 80’s or at least level 20+. Doing this rewards you all around as anyone can use them and since characters can already be leveled to 80 in a few hours with money into tp through crafting anyway don’t see any drawback. This is supposed to be rewarding players that are already a good way into the game and simply changing it to 20 instead of 1-20 it truly rewards those that have been leveling all along. Another point is if people have 10 or even 20+ characters chances are that they are all at least semi leveled already or mules with no intention of leveling what are they going to do with 10+ or 20+ 1-20 scrolls buy 10-20 more character slots? please change this to benefit everyone!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Don’t stop there. I would also like to get a free precursor, 100g, and 1000 gems.

Because I don’t think getting a single minipet and a scroll is enough!

But then again, demanding gifts for your ‘Birthday’ is a pretty pathetic thing.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Vol you clearly missed the point. Many players are better off deleting an experience scroll because they already have 8+ level 80 characters. They aren’t going to make any more characters, so an item which only works on characters below level 20 is just taking up space.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Vol you clearly missed the point. Many players are better off deleting an experience scroll because they already have 8+ level 80 characters. They aren’t going to make any more characters, so an item which only works on characters below level 20 is just taking up space.

Then put it in the bank in case you DO want to make a new character? It doesn’t cost Anet money but it actually encourages a select # of players to purchase another slot.

If you don’t use it, then tough luck. At least you got a minipet and an exp boost for when you want skillpoints.

Gifts are appreciated, but not expected. The moment you expect and demand things you become materialistic and miss the whole point of ‘birthday’ celebrations.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

Don’t stop there. I would also like to get a free precursor, 100g, and 1000 gems.

Think you need to actually read the posts before to try to be “smart” and sarcastic! Point is these are rewards for characters that played gw2 for a full year or achieved 5,000/10,000 achievement points. Giving a scroll that levels your characters from 1-20 instead of just a scroll that adds 20 levels to current level or if maxed 20 skill points could be used by far more players than just a scroll made for new characters as many people already bought 10-20 slots and are partials leveled making this item useless for them. So please actually ready as I am not wanting any ex rewards only a change to one currently being rewarded to actually reward those that earned them. I don’t care if people who have 20 characters get 20 of the same mini for their birthday, but 20 scrolls for 1-20 could be way more useful to players if it was just add 20 levels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

lmao this guy didn’t play GW1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

@Vol: I honestly do not see why players who feel the rewards are totally useless for them should not make a civil proposal to A.net… and try to give useful advice. A scroll which gives 20 levels instead only 1-20 would be useful for and welcome by EVERY player. It seems a good/logical proposal.
If for you it is not a concern, spare your words.

Also, let us not fool ourselves by thinking that these free things made of pixels are ‘presents’. This is part of A.net strategy to try to keep players in the game. A common, logical and justified practice for almost every other MMO. It is not like A.net is doing as a favour and being nice.

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

in Suggestions

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I would rather the scroll be changed so it gives 20 levels instead of being leveled to level 20. I almost wasted mine on my alt when she was level 18 until I reread the description and realized it would only give me 2 levels…

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

Then put it in the bank in case you DO want to make a new character? It doesn’t cost Anet money but it actually encourages a select # of players to purchase another slot.

If you don’t use it, then tough luck. At least you got a minipet and an exp boost for when you want skillpoints.

Gifts are appreciated, but not expected. The moment you expect and demand things you become materialistic and miss the whole point of ‘birthday’ celebrations.

You again miss the point this isn’t about YOU its about all players and those that chose to partially level or chose to purchase 20-30 character slots already and partially or fully leveled them all shouldn’t be expected to buy more slots or be penalized by having an item that has no use to them . would it hurt you to have that scroll give 20 skill points to a level 80 or have a level 53 bumped to level 73? This is about rewarding everyone that earned it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

lmao this guy didn’t play GW1

I played GW1 since launch and have close to 10k points here, and I’ve had a use for every experience scroll so far (started up a necro, will use the 10k scroll on a second ranger and, on the birthday, engi). You don’t deserve anything just because it’s your character’s birthday. Be grateful you get anything at all for a reason that arbitrary. Besides, if they brought back RNG-based birthday minis you would only hear cries that the end is near because RNG is bad mkay.

I don’t get it. Why was it so fantastic to roll and hope you get a good mini once a year in GW1? I’m glad that nonsense is over.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Don’t get upset that he did not understand your post….I get that English might not be your first language, but your original post is VERY difficult to follow and understand what you were trying to say. I’m still kind of guessing, but I think it’s this:

Change scroll from a 1-20 level item to a +20 level (to 80 then add skill points for remaining levels). Not a bad suggestion, but do we KNOW for sure what this scroll actually does?

To be honest, I feel the item cheats players out of a part of what I find to be the most rewarding part of the game….the journey to LVL 80. Obviously, not all players feel this way and just want an insta-80 character ASAP.

Also, what if they make these TP sellable? They are limited quantity and I know I don’t want mine, but would gladly make some gold on them.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Everyone is getting the same present. Some welcome it, some don’t. For me, I don’t need a mini queen. I have mini Faren out 24/7 while I play. I don’t have an low level alts, but I’m keeping the scrolls in case I do buy another character slot.

The purpose of the birthday presents is to reward players with something. You do not get to choose what you want to be rewarded with. If you feel the reward is beneath you, then that’s your opinion.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Suggestions

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

How about if the scroll worked like this…

When Used on Character lower then 20: Auto boost to level 20

When Used on a Character above 20: Player gains 20 Skill Points

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

Save the scroll for when they introduce Skritt as a playable race and you have to remake all of your characters.

#Shinies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

@ Brother Grimm: I agree with you, mate. However, I enjoyed the journey to lvl 80 for five characters, now I’d like to enjoy the 20 lvl more for my other alts:-)

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

If you wanted a instant level 80 there are zerg fests and crafting (1-80) few hours max just buying mats off tp. This would help everyone changed as currently it only helps those that haven’t leveled their character not those that partially leveled or maxed their characters already!

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

Here are the facts:

level 1-20 scroll helps:

1) new characters level 20 and below or people buying new character slots

scroll changed to +20 levels or 20 skill points (if level 80) helps:

1) characters 80 and below (everyone)

2) your level 21 character would be able to jump to level 41 and you level 80 can get 20 skill points making this FAR MORE USEFULL TO ALL PLAYERS

what people haven’t taken into account is this change doesn’t have any negative effects on anyone so why not change it, it can only help people. The only reason against this is that you don’t feel everyone should be rewarded by this ( isn’t that just selfishness as this would have no negative effect at all on you?) Some people already bought 20-30 characters are you saying they should by 20-30 more to use these scrolls that doesn’t make any sense.

Just this one small change would in return become beneficial to everyone and not effect anyone negatively so what is (1) reason not to change this?

(edited by cerberus.1937)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m a bit iffy on this. I happened to have just bought a new character slot and had not quite made it to 20 when I got my 5000 reward, so it was useful. At the same time, if I had been playing a bit more directly, or hadn’t made a new character at all the thing would have been entirely useless to me.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

I’m a bit iffy on this. I happened to have just bought a new character slot and had not quite made it to 20 when I got my 5000 reward, so it was useful. At the same time, if I had been playing a bit more directly, or hadn’t made a new character at all the thing would have been entirely useless to me.

I fail to see the issue here. What are you iffy about and what about this change would change what you got now? Changing the scroll from 1-20 to +20 levels would still level your character from level 1-20. now it would just also help those that already maxed at 80 or have a lingering level 21 that could be boosted to level 41 instead of just 1-20 it would be + 20 levels (skill points if maxed). Where is the downside?

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Because I still see a difference in going from 1-20 and going from 60-80. Even though in this game there really is no difference in time spent, it just seems like a more significant change to me. If it leveled you to 20 or provided 5 skill points, then I would be alright with it. The reason being those potentially 15 or so skill points you got for leveling from 1-20 all got spent on skills. None of the 20 skill points you got leveling from 50-70 got spent on anything at all, therefore getting so many is too many.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

Because I still see a difference in going from 1-20 and going from 60-80. Even though in this game there really is no difference in time spent, it just seems like a more significant change to me. If it leveled you to 20 or provided 5 skill points, then I would be alright with it. The reason being those potentially 15 or so skill points you got for leveling from 1-20 all got spent on skills. None of the 20 skill points you got leveling from 50-70 got spent on anything at all, therefore getting so many is too many.

So in your opinion those that have 20 characters all above level 20 should have a useless item because of a few skill points? You do know that there are items that drop that give a skill point and they drop ALOT also can get skill points for fractal tokens skill challenges they are really mindlessly easy. Also take into account how you obtain these items 5,000/10,000 achievement points or playing the game for an entire year and you think only those that didn’t buy/level their characters already should get rewarded? Again does this negatively effect you; or you just don’t want others to get rewarded too for their hard work, why shouldn’t a level 21 be boosted to level 41?

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

I have 9 character, this one character I made being my ninth. Every one of them, including her now, is well over 20. So yes, I obviously am also someone who should have been effected by this.

You want more more more, I get it. And yes a free 1-20 is silly, but I don’t think a free 20 levels to apply where you like just cause is the answer.

in Suggestions

cerberus.1937

whats your point I have over 20 characters just on 1 account so total between 20-30 characters and my lowest alt is level 35 ish over 9,000 ach points and some characters have as much as over 700-900 useless skill points. so yes this item is of 0 use to me and many others since I have already bought over 20 character slots I wont be buying any more. So learn to read please its not about asking for more its about asking for equal treatment and not forcing people who already bought many character slots to buy more just to get an item to be of any use. I couldn’t care less about skill points but if you use it on a level 80 at least its something other than an item to delete and seeing what it takes to get this is shouldn’t be useful to only certain people/characters.