Conjoined emotes

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taven.5402

Taven.5402

And no I am not talking about timing your dance with someone else, I mean emotes that put both characters in a short, or ongoing state. For example, if we added /hug as an emote, with confirmation from both characters, you’d actually see both characters hugging on the screen, not just ‘player1 hugs player2’ on the chat bar. I can understand that this might take time to implement, and may cause problems, but if this idea were taken, and expanded, it would be AWESOME for RP, and maybe screenshots as well.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zex.4629

Zex.4629

Hah, that would be pretty cool actually. Emotes that interact with other players.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

snap. i’d just be happy with hug! ok, so i get, we’re trying to keep things sane here … but why was hug NOT included? i mean, really? so i can’t /lick my husband. pft. i’d like to at LEAST be able to /hug him!

taven, seriously, i’ve thought this same thing myself. then, i remember the nelf, in wow, and how the female’s /kneel could be coordinate with the male’s /dance and … welll, it just didn’t look great. if anet’s trying to avoid that, then they’ll avoid ANYTHING people can IN AN WAY coordinate to bad stuff.

sadness.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

hmm… how would a charr hug an asura…? would seem more like the charr squishing the asura to me i bet…

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

/hug /kiss would be awesome

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Taven.5402

Yeah, lets not get TOO intimate here. xD /kiss or /lick could possibly cause people to rage-faec and bawl all over Anet for even thinking of it. But I think a /carry emote would be nice. Norn could practically carry almost all of the races on their shoulders. And if people could coordinate to make emotes like this look bad, I don’t think Anet should get slammed for it. In fact, there should probably be some kind of system or report function that right away punishes people for doing that.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

Yeah, lets not get TOO intimate here. xD /kiss or /lick could possibly cause people to rage-faec and bawl all over Anet for even thinking of it. But I think a /carry emote would be nice. Norn could practically carry almost all of the races on their shoulders. And if people could coordinate to make emotes like this look bad, I don’t think Anet should get slammed for it. In fact, there should probably be some kind of system or report function that right away punishes people for doing that.

thus creating yet another area of oversight required. ugh, the paperwork!

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neverender.7581

Neverender.7581

Simple system that was used by The Matrix Online, If someone wanted to perform a conjoined emote, they would target the character and type the emote. A confirmation box would popup on the other players screen and if accepted and within range, the emote would fire.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graywind.8324

Graywind.8324

I used to play Ever Quest 2 and the /hug emote was present.
You would type it in and the text would be something like “Player looks around for someone to hug”
If you had a player targeted it would change to “player 1 hugs player 2”
So Guild Wars 2 could do something similar.

a /poke was aways fun too.

Relden Stormborn – Engineer- Trust me!
Danonia – Mesmer – I’m over here!

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Yeah, I agree. That would be pretty awesome. Imagine how sweet a /highfive would be!

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Taven.5402

Simple system that was used by The Matrix Online, If someone wanted to perform a conjoined emote, they would target the character and type the emote. A confirmation box would popup on the other players screen and if accepted and within range, the emote would fire.

You’ve got the right idea on that. A confirmation box would be perfect for conjoined emotes, and an option to block out those types of emotes if you wished. Let’s keep this post alive guys. I’d love to see something like this implemented in the game.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

Yeah, I agree. That would be pretty awesome. Imagine how sweet a /highfive would be!

again asura and norn highfive’ing? either the asura would ahve to jump insanely high (and they almost look like they stumble already every time the jump) or the norn would have to bow down, which kinda ruins the whole “high” part of it

With the massive height sizes between character races I just fail to see how this would work and look properly

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Taven.5402

again asura and norn highfive’ing? either the asura would ahve to jump insanely high (and they almost look like they stumble already every time the jump) or the norn would have to bow down, which kinda ruins the whole “high” part of it

With the massive height sizes between character races I just fail to see how this would work and look properly

It’s simple really, All you have to do is if a bigger race is about to preform a conjoined emote like that, is to have the bigger participant kneel enough so the emote to be preformed. Imagine a charr kneeling to hug an asura, that’s heartwarming to me.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

i still fail to see a charr hug an asura even while kneeling without crushing their arm alone is as long as an asura is high almost, and kneeling to do a highfive… kinda kills the point… xD

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Taven.5402

i still fail to see a charr hug an asura even while kneeling without crushing their arm alone is as long as an asura is high almost, and kneeling to do a highfive… kinda kills the point… xD

There is a think called being gentle you know? xD And what’s so hard to see about it? A charr kneeling, or sitting, to hug an asura, same so with a highfive maybe. It’d probably be funny for a taller race to tease an asura for a highfive…then they suddenly jump up with rocket boots or something. Use your imagination.

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

You can always write /emote hugs you.
Will show as an emote: MyCharacter hugs you.
So everyone thinks you just gave them a hug. Or /emote hugs manuallytypedoutname.
To specify who you’re hugging.
I agree that emotes should state the name if you have someone targeted.
Like without a target /wave = MyCharacter waves. With a target /wave = MyCharacter waves at MyCurrentTarget.

Be careful of people who advertise their guilds in emotes. You can’t select them to block them. You have to manually add them as a friend and then block them or to report them if they’re saying disallowed things in their emotes.
/emote My guild is recruiting, tons of members, we do stuff, blah blah blah for 4-5 lines.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

StinVec.3621

There is a think called being gentle you know? xD And what’s so hard to see about it? A charr kneeling, or sitting, to hug an asura, same so with a highfive maybe. It’d probably be funny for a taller race to tease an asura for a highfive…then they suddenly jump up with rocket boots or something. Use your imagination.

Great ideas! If it were my company/game/job then you’d be hired to help with these features as you seem to have ideas of what players would actually enjoy doing/seeing

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

I agree that emotes should state the name if you have someone targeted.
Like without a target /wave = MyCharacter waves. With a target /wave = MyCharacter waves at MyCurrentTarget.

type “/wave @” (without the "" and it does just that)

Conjoined emotes

in Suggestions

StinVec.3621

Thank you Gummi I hadn’t realized that adding an @ would alter the emote to be specific to who your target is. I guess I was expecting that to be automatic if you had a target and not required to be manually added as I did not see the ‘@’ function mentioned when inquiring into chat commands in-game. I’ll look again.