Cross Region Worlds Transfers Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: sleepyheadz.3462

sleepyheadz.3462

hey guys and hopefully Anet devs as well

I’m sure this has been discussed many times before regarding the decision for Anet to conduct cross region world/server transfers and the pricing of the gems for actually doing a server transfer.
While seemingly reasonable to deter the havoc that can occur from rampant world/server transfers to and fro, speaking from my POV , the 1000 -1800 gems to transfer to a High or Very High world respectively is absurdly high to gather (equivalent to around 70-120 golds respectively if I’m not mistaken). This 1000 to 1800 gems is also equivalent to more than $10.00 to $20.00 irl.
Given that GW2 have been out for some time now, one way I would suggest is to allow a one time free transfer per year or something along those lines. Of course, there might be cons that come along with it. But for me at least whose having difficulty gathering the gems to transfer (I would think there are others in similar situations), the pricing just to transfer servers, which is around 1/4 of the original game price, seems to be rather steep.

Update: The reason why I suggested this is because given the guesting system only allowing people to play in the same region, I find it a bit unforgiving for people (like me XD) who made the wrong choice and are unable to play with others from a different region.

This is just my opinion and I hope for any suggestions/feedbacks

Cheers

(edited by sleepyheadz.3462)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

How many times do you expect people to be transferring servers? I doubt many people are going to do it more than once period unless you’re spying on a rival server

in Suggestions

sleepyheadz.3462

Hey Adine,

I don’t really expect a person to transfer servers a lot during a period of time and that is why I suggested something along the lines of 1 free transfer per year. The reason why I suggested this is because given the guesting system only allowing people to play in the same region, I find it a bit unforgiving for people (like me XD) who made the wrong choice and are unable to play with others from a different region.

Yes, it’s my mistake for choosing the wrong region and I myself don’t play that much. But I find that gathering that much gold for the sake of just transferring servers kind of lessens the experience for a player like me who just want to play with friends. I’ve play the game since launch (though I stopped for quite some time this year) and barely have been able to gather enough gold for my character, for weapons and armor along let gathering golds to convert to gems for transferring.

:)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

How many times do you expect people to be transferring servers?

Answer is in the post you’re replying to:

one way I would suggest is to allow a one time free transfer per year or something along those lines.

And it seems pretty reasonable, especially since they don’t allow guesting in a different region (contrary to what they promised during the pre-order period).

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

sleepyheadz.3462

Thanks for your reply, Account. Much appreciated

Maybe I’ll bold the important points so that people can see it easier

Cheers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Thats the thing though , 1 free transfer once per year? When most people would only transfer servers once maybe twice in the course of playing the game in a life time ANet wouldnt make any money on that policy .

in Suggestions

Account.9832

Thats the thing though , 1 free transfer once per year? When most people would only transfer servers once maybe twice in the course of playing the game in a life time ANet wouldnt make any money on that policy .

World transfers are not a relevant source of income (as should be obvious from your own assertion that most people would only transfer once or twice in their lifetime – in fact, many never do). The fee is there mainly to discourage people from constantly transferring to whichever server is winning in WvW.

Arena Net originally promised that players would be able to join their friends on any server, whenever they wanted. Then they made it impossible for US players to guest on EU servers and vice versa, and added a limit of two guest servers.

For the first few months, it was possible to transfer from EU to US servers (and back) several times a day, so we know it wasn’t a technical issue.

If they’re going to change the rules after people have bought the game, the least they can do is give them one transfer per year (that’s still infinitely less mobility than we were promised – I used to go back and forth between an EU and US server twice a day, every day, during the first few months of GW2, to play with two groups of friends).

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Suggestions

sleepyheadz.3462

That’s a point to be taken into account. However, isn’t the reason Anet (If I’m not mistaken) implemented the price system for transferring between servers to combat the jumping WvWvW players? Maybe I’m a bit naive here but I would like to believe that is the case :P

Also, as you mentioned, most people would only transfer servers once or twice in the course of playing the game in a lifetime. As such, Anet probably wouldn’t make that much out of people transferring servers as they’ll make more money out of other gem purchases instead. And it would look good for their reputation by implementing a one time free transfer per year, at least in my books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I’m annoyed that I must chose between my friends in NA and those in Europe.
I’m willing to pay a cash shop item that permit you to have two home servers, one in Europe and one in NA.
This way it won’t really impact Www and it will concern only people who are in the same situation as me.
Hell, you could even put it at 2400 gems so that it’s arround the price of a game account.

(edited by Riss.1536)

in Suggestions

Account.9832

I’m willing to pay a cash shop item that permit you to have two home servers, one in Europe and one in NA.

Well, there is an item that lets you do that. It’s called a second account.

It has the added benefit of letting you send mail to yourself (as long as it’s to a character on the other account), so you can easily make space in your inventory.

Of course, you can’t share achievements or account-bound items, so it’s not really a replacement for letting players guest in the other region (as we were told we’d be able to, before release).

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I know I could buy a second game but I’m not interested. Already have 8 lvl 80 characters on my current account, I already have gems I got from the game or bought.
I think it’s silly to buy a second game because of Anet’s region restriction.
I never paid twice a game and I won’t.

in Suggestions

sleepyheadz.3462

Buying a second account just to play on both servers isn’t feasible to most players as Riss mentioned in his post.

What I’m curious about and don’t understand is why people aren’t complaining about the pricing for server transfers which currently costs around $10.00 to $20.00 for a single transfer (which is almost if not already half of the price for buying GW2 – It’s now currently $29.99 for the digital heroic edition).

Should it be more reasonable to charge somewhere along the lines of 400 gems to 800 gems instead or implement a one time free transfer per year? Granted, not everyone will want to transfer as they’ve most probably settled down in their server but why are genuine loyal players, who would like to change regions, be charged at such high prices just to play with friends?