Crossbows

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirgreydono.9502

Sirgreydono.9502

I would love to see crossbows in GW2. How is it that they have bows and guns but no crossbows. To me that seems like a huge tech leap from your string bow to black powder weapons like pistols and rifles with no transition in between.

-Kaineng
Character: -Proudwulf- Human- Guardian

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I agree crossbows would be nice the question is what classes would use it and what types of skills would it have ?

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirgreydono.9502

Sirgreydono.9502

1.Engineer
2.Warrior
3.Ranger
4. Thief (maybe)

-Kaineng
Character: -Proudwulf- Human- Guardian

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ensaine.8075

Ensaine.8075

this is a good idea i agree big leap…

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

1.Engineer
2.Warrior
3.Ranger
4. Thief (maybe)

i think theif wold be a great choice . you could give it grapple skills maybe some poison in there or a vulnerability skill . If anything i would cut out the ranger from those keeping them low tech . Besides ranger has a huge arsenal

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Instead, I would like Crossbow just be a Longbow or Rifle reskin, but mainly rifles only.

Crossbows are held the same way rifles are held. With a simple projectile and sound effect change, crossbow will fit perfectly.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Crossbows

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Crossbows do not fire as far as a longbow, and they don’t reload as quickly as a shortbow. They also are not meant to fire in an arch, which means they fire straight forward the same as a rifle would. This means that a crossbow does not do anything differently than a shortbow, longbow, rifle and pistol already do. That’s probably why they haven’t been added so far.

However, the classes you’ve chosen to say should get them, will find even less of an actual use out of them. Thieves need a long range weapon, such as a longbow or a rifle – not another quick-fire mid-range, they already have shortbow after all.

Warriors definitely don’t need them, for the same reasons listed above, and the fact that they should be provided a limited array of long-range weaponry, as that is not the job of their archetype.

Engineers actually are in need of a close combat weapon set, they currently only have pistol and rifles. The only way they can fight close combat in any special way is with the wrench kit, which sucks completely. If anything, Engineer needs a hammer or mace weapon added.

Lastly, Ranger – which would only make sense in the fact that they should be able to use all physical long range weapons in the game – would be the only class to actually be able to use an X-bow. However, they don’t like to add weapons into the game for just a single class to use, so there has to be more than one who can realistically make use out of it for them to consider adding it.

I would personally like to see many other weapons added before I see a crossbow, including;

• Greataxe (Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer)
  • Knuckle Dusters (Elementalist, Thief, Guardian)
  • Lance (Warrior, Guardian, Ranger, Mesmer)
  • Katar (Thief, Mesmer, Ranger)

This is just my $1 though.