Dead players nameplate color.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Edit: This thread is about WvW (I clarify because it was moved here by moderator)

Could ArenaNet make the dead players have a different nameplate color, like grayed out? all that red nameplates are confusing as hell, at least for me.

A hundred red nameplates in the middle of the action (in a 3 servers SM attack for example), and all dead or alive players has the same red color? why? Can’t imagine after the patch that remove culling, I will see even more red names in my screen.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in Suggestions

Posted by: XxNuggetxX.7823

XxNuggetxX.7823

I like this idea. Your dead team mates stay green so you can still tell them appart but the other teams dead go grey.

XnuggetX: 80 Engineer – Nuggetxxx: 80 Gardian
Bloody Swagmen[BS], Fergs Night Crew.
Senior Member, Commander Tag.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Epikindinos.9476

Epikindinos.9476

Great idea, I dont know how many times I’ve continued autoattacking/AOEing etc on dead people lol.

Commander Jack Da Black/Kindinos[GRTS]
Greek Titans
Gunnars Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Had that idea a few months ago too but never bothered posting it here…
Thing is, I got good hardware… Doesn’t bother me much.
Now that there is “nameplate only rendering”, it would be sweet to have these in a slightly darker tone, so people with bad systems can distinguish.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Dead or downed? Personally I think once a player is dead they should not be allowed to stay in the location at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

i double this
color on dead players name should be changed

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Suggestions

NeHoMaR.9812

@ XxNuggetxX.7823, Epikindinos.9476, Fanfaron.6109
Thanks, I see I am not alone.

@ naphack.9346
Not related to good or bad hardware, is the confusion caused by dead (defeated) and alive players showing the exact same nameplate, things are hard to see and target when too many players are in the place (like an enemy zerg).

@ sostronk.8167
That’s a different suggestion. I mean defeated (dead) should have the different color, like gray; The downed ones get a finish icon, and they are still (alive) in combat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I agree with the different colour nameplate for dead enemy players as well.

In a sea of dead players it is hard to see the living one who’s ressing.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Could ArenaNet make the dead players have a different nameplate color, like grayed out? all that red nameplates are confusing as hell, at least for me.

A hundred red nameplates in the middle of the action (in a 3 servers SM attack for example), and all dead or alive players has the same red color? why? Can’t imagine after the patch that remove culling, I will see even more red names in my screen.

I think greyed out is a great solution for the opposing team. For our team the names could change from green to yellow when they are down/dead.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I think greyed out is a great solution for the opposing team. For our team the names could change from green to yellow when they are down/dead.

That would definately be useful for identifying the friendly dead from the living in a fray.

The only thing I’d like to add to this was a different suggestion a while back. Different color corpses is all well and good during a fight, but in the case of a siege, when the fight is over those grey corpses within the boundaries of the asset should be automatically teleported to their server entrance waypoint. There shouldn’t be enemy dead littering the area waiting for a res. Outside is another matter entirely.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I agree with the OP.
But I’d go further, the nameplates are generally too long anyway and ikittenerg you just get a whole slew of overlapping plates. Since the plate gives zero information anyway (server/guild name plus padding) , why not just a simple icon?

I hate to say it but WoW got this about right with a fairly large clickable healthbar, which made for easy target selection. I miss that.
( It’s virtually the only thing I miss 8D )

You can’t force an automatic TP though – that prevents a bit of ‘spying’ which can be useful. – Just blank out the nameplate.

(Aw c’mon you can’t adult-filter EVERY word! What’s wrong with ‘n’ and ‘a’ and ‘z’ – does it spell something I haven’t heard about?)

(edited by Contiguous.1345)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

If it’s better for game-play, then i say get it in there. What’s the point of new content if playing it is dis-satisfactory or somewhat not fully playable because of some slight technical details.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

You can’t force an automatic TP though – that prevents a bit of ‘spying’ which can be useful. – Just blank out the nameplate.

IT’s cheap, exploitative and they don’t deserve it, they lost. They would be disposed of if the option was available, therefore they should be removed from the area.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

A note to the mods. Please stop moving this thread

I’ve had a PM saying it was moved from WvW to Suggestions.
Then another PM saying it’s moved from Suggestions to WvW
And now another PM saying it’s moved from WvW back to Suggestions. :P

I think it is really a suggestions and should be left there.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

even better then changing color of nameplate would be to make them non target-able and remove the nameplate all together for dead enemy players

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

in Suggestions

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

IT’s cheap, exploitative and they don’t deserve it, they lost. They would be disposed of if the option was available, therefore they should be removed from the area.

the other reason that they shouldn’t be removed is the lack of WP’s in WvW. If i am ikittenerg attacking a garrison in borderlands and I die it would take a few minutes to get back to the battle. I dont know about spying but in big battles often you will die and then when your side makes a push you end up getting revived by allies.

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

the other reason that they shouldn’t be removed is the lack of WP’s in WvW. If i am ikittenerg attacking a garrison in borderlands and I die it would take a few minutes to get back to the battle. I dont know about spying but in big battles often you will die and then when your side makes a push you end up getting revived by allies.

As I see it, “when the fighting ends” should mean, either the attacking force has taken the asset (keep, fort, supply depot) then fended off the remaining defenders until the events associated with the fight complete. Or the defenders defeat the attackers and clear the event. When the events clear, indicating that everyone is going to be forced to regroup anyway I don’t care how far you have to run, you should be sent back to the entrance if you’re on the losing side. If you have the option to WP closer after that, fine, they’re free in WvW anyway. Otherwise you should have to run as penalty for losing.

in Suggestions

NeHoMaR.9812

@ Kal Spiro.9745
The game already kick you for inactivity, I disagree with (immediate) auto teleporting of defeated players; The only I could agree is with an additional timer (not the inactivity one) that force the teleport. You don’t always are defeated in a wipe or failure, sometimes a team member could be killed by siege, a thief or fall damage, fast res and continue.

@ Contiguous.1345, thekap.8645
You need a way to know which server is the player (dead or alive)

@ Omaris Mortuus Est.2738, Katz.5143, Zahld.4956
Thanks for agreeing with me!

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

@ Kal Spiro.9745
The game already kick you for inactivity, I disagree with (immediate) auto teleporting of defeated players; The only I could agree is with an additional timer (not the inactivity one) that force the teleport. You don’t always are defeated in a wipe or failure, sometimes a team member could be killed by siege, a thief or fall damage, fast res and continue.

@ Contiguous.1345, thekap.8645
You need a way to know which server is the player (dead or alive)

@ Omaris Mortuus Est.2738, Katz.5143, Zahld.4956
Thanks for agreeing with me!

In all of those situations they wouldn’t be forced out anyway. I’m talking about those corpses that remain after you’ve taken over a keep, the doors have respawned, the guards have all changed color and the enemy has been completely routed. There is no one left fighting, but the enemy corpses remain inside. They serve no purpose. Eventually they will be kicked, but even then they don’t go anywhere they just get logged, when they log back in they’ll be in the same place and still dead. Under those conditions they are exploiting the fact that you can’t do anything about them. That is abuse of the system and to fix that abuse they should be forced back to the start by then. They shouldn’t be force back because they happened to die. They shouldn’t be forced back if they’re outside of the claimed asset. If you could throw them over the walls, you would, but since you can’t the system should do it for you.

in Suggestions

NeHoMaR.9812

They serve no purpose. Eventually they will be kicked, but even then they don’t go anywhere they just get logged, when they log back in they’ll be in the same place and still dead.

Not sure how much WvW do you play, but no, you spawn outside WvW on login, and when you enter WvW, you will be in a waypoint, alive.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

They serve no purpose. Eventually they will be kicked, but even then they don’t go anywhere they just get logged, when they log back in they’ll be in the same place and still dead.

Not sure how much WvW do you play, but no, you spawn outside WvW on login, and when you enter WvW, you will be in a waypoint, alive.

Right, which is also why you can’t be cheap and farm the JP. I don’t WvW much, and forgot about that. It’s still abuse of the system, even if you can only do it for fifteen minutes, or half an hour or however long it takes to time out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

Yes we need this. In big zerg fights, cannot tell who’s alive and who’s not.

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patu.9827

Patu.9827

Yes absolytely. This is things that should be fixed as soon as possible, asap as they say.

Battlefield after this update, will be absolutely more clearly, not confusing. Now its a mess.

This needs fixing. Absolytely.

(this also have been suggested before)

Vaka Patu – Warrior – [TLA]

in Suggestions

Patu.9827

I think this is now in top 3 things that needs to fixed.

Very important!

This is important also for own full dead peoples, so you can see who is still downed. Now all are same colous, so you cant see who is downed and who is not.

Battlefield should be clearer!

in Suggestions

Patu.9827

Bumb. “For Clearer battleground!”

in Suggestions

Patu.9827