Do not add LFG Dungeon Finders

in Suggestions

Posted by: thebigredone.1269

thebigredone.1269

I’m noticing a tone with many of those wanting a LFG tool. Impatience and a sort of attitude. Swear words and sarcasm.

Those types might not realize there is a healthy community (since they are already the types to want to troll it or ignore it or add joking remarks), but the rest don’t want a repeat of having to watch that type of behavior become standard.

You don’t simply say “give us this cause the others that don’t like it can ignore it”. It doesn’t work that way, and it belittles the situation. Or you don’t grasp the situation and think it is that simple.

Once a tool is added, it becomes the only way to find a group. You can’t do “LFG for X” because it’ll just be ignored or people say “just use the tool”. It becomes the standard, and any other way falls to the wayside. The completely random PuG. You trade time for people. (and no one is arguing they like spamming LFG either, they are arguing the LFG tools invite too much negative behavior)

Those who have personality types that are…. immature, they will group with the first person to take them. Or will accept the first “I’ll go” when asking for others. They never know others might do it different. They don’t know that they are the types others might be avoiding. So they don’t get it.

The more socially acceptable types, they tend to just be looking for filler too. But if there are red flags with how immature a person is responding, they’ll not take that person. They’ll talk with the other random members of like-mind and kick that person and seek another mature person. Or they’ll tell that person they are acting poorly, and to stop or they won’t be allowed come. And the other person learns their behavior is not acceptable and changes, or they don’t and they only play with their own immature kind. I’m trying to put this as polite and delicate as possible.

So my point is, the socially acceptable community members might not be chatting up a storm and socializing, but they end up able to avoid getting that random “worse PuG in the world” feeling every other run.

The simple act of talking allows people to weed each other out. Those that are the worst of the worst personalities, of course they don’t want that. They’ll be ignored for being what they are.

And so far, it takes 60 seconds to find people to do anything. Whether it is a dungeon run, or a champion needs killing, or an event spawned. I highly doubt I’ve been that lucky and everyone else has been waiting long stretches of time.

This post made up my mind about it. Because at first I thought that a LFG tool would be a good time saver and make stuff easy. But reading this thread and realizing the attitude of the people who wants the tool compared to the people who don’t see it necessary is huge. I never played WoW, but just reading this thread I can totally understand what the general troll behavior WoW is infamous for is, and we do not want that kind of behavior here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crica.1503

Crica.1503

I’m noticing a tone with many of those wanting a LFG tool. Impatience and a sort of attitude. Swear words and sarcasm.

Those types might not realize there is a healthy community (since they are already the types to want to troll it or ignore it or add joking remarks), but the rest don’t want a repeat of having to watch that type of behavior become standard.

You don’t simply say “give us this cause the others that don’t like it can ignore it”. It doesn’t work that way, and it belittles the situation. Or you don’t grasp the situation and think it is that simple.

Once a tool is added, it becomes the only way to find a group. You can’t do “LFG for X” because it’ll just be ignored or people say “just use the tool”. It becomes the standard, and any other way falls to the wayside. The completely random PuG. You trade time for people. (and no one is arguing they like spamming LFG either, they are arguing the LFG tools invite too much negative behavior)

Those who have personality types that are…. immature, they will group with the first person to take them. Or will accept the first “I’ll go” when asking for others. They never know others might do it different. They don’t know that they are the types others might be avoiding. So they don’t get it.

The more socially acceptable types, they tend to just be looking for filler too. But if there are red flags with how immature a person is responding, they’ll not take that person. They’ll talk with the other random members of like-mind and kick that person and seek another mature person. Or they’ll tell that person they are acting poorly, and to stop or they won’t be allowed come. And the other person learns their behavior is not acceptable and changes, or they don’t and they only play with their own immature kind. I’m trying to put this as polite and delicate as possible.

So my point is, the socially acceptable community members might not be chatting up a storm and socializing, but they end up able to avoid getting that random “worse PuG in the world” feeling every other run.

The simple act of talking allows people to weed each other out. Those that are the worst of the worst personalities, of course they don’t want that. They’ll be ignored for being what they are.

And so far, it takes 60 seconds to find people to do anything. Whether it is a dungeon run, or a champion needs killing, or an event spawned. I highly doubt I’ve been that lucky and everyone else has been waiting long stretches of time.

This post made up my mind about it. Because at first I thought that a LFG tool would be a good time saver and make stuff easy. But reading this thread and realizing the attitude of the people who wants the tool compared to the people who don’t see it necessary is huge. I never played WoW, but just reading this thread I can totally understand what the general troll behavior WoW is infamous for is, and we do not want that kind of behavior here.

the attitude has nothing to do with an auto group finder – mean ppl are mean regardless if they auto group with you or if you ask them in chat to group with you

ppl who prefer to auto-group are ppl who simply do not want to spend their time asking strangers to group with them, regardless of what the method is, they prefer the game to do this for them so they can spend their time playing the game instead

they prefer for the game to let them sign up to auto-group with others who also sign up to auto-group, that way they do not have to spend their game time spamming strangers or being spammed by strangers “come group?” a million times

its really that simple

If I don’t like it, I won’t do it.

(edited by Crica.1503)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

I suggest a mix between the two. Have a tab with a list of the groups and players who want to join a dungeon. You can add yourself and leave whenever you want, and besides listing your class it also let’s you add a small description.

The big difference between this and a LFG system would be that there was no matchmaking. Nothing is automatic. Want someone to join your group? Ok then, ask them. Want to join someone’s group? Ask them as well.

All this would do is not force people to be in front of the dungeon. I may want to go to CoF but while I find a group I would very much prefer doing events at Orr, and this would help. This would pretty much just be a interface to meet fellow dungeoneers, like an improved /map, which would make finding a party much easier and wouldn’t feel like you’re playing with npcs instead of people.

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

the attitude has nothing to do with an auto group finder – mean ppl are mean regardless if they auto group with you or if you ask them in chat to group with you

Not really. Back when WoW didn’t have LFG you would actually appreciate the team that you got and would be nicer towards others. I rarely saw any ninja looting, for example. After the LFG everyone was a kitten for one simple reason: the group didn’t matter, you can always find another one just as easily.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheEhn.5920

TheEhn.5920

I never understood this argument. The only difference between using an LFG tool and not is that one forces you to spam chat channels with “LFG LFG OMG LFG PLEASE LFG” for hours and the other is just a click of a button for multi-server grouping goodness.

The quality of players? Never seen it change. People sucked in groups pre-WoW lfg, sucked after. People didn’t really suck in groups pre-Rift lfg, didn’t really suck after.

I never got why people love to spam “LFG” all over the place, get maybe 1 run every few hours, and say “This is so much better than getting a 10 minute queue on a multi-realm LFG tool without having to spam channels! That would be so sucky!”

You dont get the point. It exactly how the second poster said it

Phenom 955 @ 3,7 | 6950 @ 890 / 1270 |
Kingston HyperX Black limited 8Gb |
Sabertooth 990FX | Nexus RX-1K | Samsung F3 1Tb | Antec DF-85 |

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

Not really. Back when WoW didn’t have LFG you would actually appreciate the team that you got and would be nicer towards others. I rarely saw any ninja looting, for example. After the LFG everyone was a kitten for one simple reason: the group didn’t matter, you can always find another one just as easily.

and your experience doesn’t equal everyone’s experience…

my experience was that ppl were just as rude before the LFD tool in wow as they were after the LFD tool in wow, except before the LFD tool it took FOREVER to replace the tools in a group, whereas after the LFD tool it now takes mere seconds to kick them and replace them or re-queue if you cant kick them

no one can ninja loot in GW2 because all loot is personal so that point doesnt matter

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

I suggest a mix between the two. Have a tab with a list of the groups and players who want to join a dungeon. You can add yourself and leave whenever you want, and besides listing your class it also let’s you add a small description.

The big difference between this and a LFG system would be that there was no matchmaking. Nothing is automatic. Want someone to join your group? Ok then, ask them. Want to join someone’s group? Ask them as well.

All this would do is not force people to be in front of the dungeon. I may want to go to CoF but while I find a group I would very much prefer doing events at Orr, and this would help. This would pretty much just be a interface to meet fellow dungeoneers, like an improved /map, which would make finding a party much easier and wouldn’t feel like you’re playing with npcs instead of people.

sure, that feature is great for players like you and i hope anet puts in the game for players like you but no ty for players like me because i prefer to spend my time playing the game, not spamming strangers “come group?” or be spammed by strangers “come group?” every time I want to run a dungeon

i prefer anet also allow the game to auto-group players like me who wish to run dungeons and none of us has to waste their time spamming each other and can instead play the game while we wait to be auto-grouped with other players who also wish to play the game while they wait to be auto-grouped.

(edited by Crica.1503)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Id prefer a LFG tool…that way we dont have people on maps with the instance location spamming map chat looking for a group….

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

@Crica
Ninja looting matters because that’s part of how people act in dungeons. With the LFG tool no one would blink an eye at ninja looting, they simply did not care about the rest of the group. If you didn’t notice a change maybe you were the dude who already did this before the LFG.

Also, how is it being spammed with “come group?” bad if your intention is to join that group? You would only be asked once. You want automated matchmaking, there’s no reason for you to decline an offer to join their group.

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

@Crica
Ninja looting matters because that’s part of how people act in dungeons. With the LFG tool no one would blink an eye at ninja looting, they simply did not care about the rest of the group. If you didn’t notice a change maybe you were the dude who already did this before the LFG.

Also, how is it being spammed with “come group?” bad if your intention is to join that group? You would only be asked once. You want automated matchmaking, there’s no reason for you to decline an offer to join their group.

everything you loot in GW2 is personal, everyone gets their OWN loot and can not loot OTHER players loot therefore ninja looting CAN NOT HAPPEN in GW2

i dont wish to spend my time spamming afk ppl, ppl who already got asked by someone 2 secs before i asked, ppl who may not speak my language, or ppl who are waiting to be asked by only elite players…

i dont wish to spend my time answering a ton of questions as if i am applying to a job before they will inv me after spamming me…

the game auto-grouping me allows me spend my time playing the game and avoid spending my time on all of that

(edited by Crica.1503)

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Seems to me that all the problems you said would be solved by the small description I suggested.

And even if ninja looting cannot happen, what matters is that the mentality people have changes once the LFG tool is implemented, ruining the community.

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

Seems to me that all the problems you said would be solved by the small description I suggested.

none of that would solve me having to spend my time looking for a group

auto-grouping would solve me having to spend my time looking for a group

i dont know any other way to say it – i wish to spend my time playing the game – i do not wish to spend my time looking for a group

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

And even if ninja looting cannot happen, what matters is that the mentality people have changes once the LFG tool is implemented, ruining the community.

and it will take mere seconds to replace anyone like that with auto-grouping so i can return to playing the game

without auto-grouping it will take FOREVER to replace anyone like that and i will have to spend my time looking for replacements instead of playing the game…

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

But with auto-grouping it would become much much much more common. And those who are a bit worse would just get replaced instead of being helped.

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

i dont know any other way to say it – i wish to spend my time playing the game – i do not wish to spend my time looking for a group

If you don’t bother spending a few minutes searching for a group then maybe you don’t deserver one.

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

But with auto-grouping it would become much much much more common. And those who are a bit worse would just get replaced instead of being helped.

you can assume anything you want – my experience is not like yours

in WOW, i am able to replace tools in mere seconds now that the LFD is in the game

in WOW, i do not have to replace tools every run, maybe 2 or 3 times a week at most

and again, players who do not wish to risk the chance of playing with tools can just play with their friends and guildmates and avoid all of these fears you have

auto-grouping would be for players who simply do not wish to spend time on looking for a group and have no issues with removing the occasional tool and replacing them

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

If you don’t bother spending a few minutes searching for a group then maybe you don’t deserver one.

why is that? because you say so? you are the authority on “who deserves to be in a group in GW2?”

get over yourself

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

One thing I see is that if a LFD tool is “World Based”….the ElitistkittenHats are gonna make black lists on people in the game and make their experience playing the game miserable …
Instead of being helpful and finding out why the person fails and giving advice, so the team can succeed, it will be easier to just kick, add name to list, and be Elite.
Some have already admitted this is in their agenda….

I just want to have fun and sometimes that means you gotta not be the kitten and help other so you all can win.

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

One thing I see is that if a LFD tool is “World Based”….the ElitistkittenHats are gonna make black lists on people in the game and make their experience playing the game miserable …
Instead of being helpful and finding out why the person fails and giving advice, so the team can succeed, it will be easier to just kick, add name to list, and be Elite.

I just want to have fun and sometimes that means you gotta not be the kitten and help other so you all can win.

those type of players do that now – you think they are going to invite you right now to any of their groups and help you? no – they only play with players like themselves and kick you out if they happen to get you in a group somehow, all WITHOUT an auto-group finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

You don’t get blacklisted for learning, or making mistakes.

People get blacklisted for poor attitudes and jerky behavior. Being trolls and causing trouble for the runs he is on. Like already stated, we all will get a reputation for how we act. It isn’t instant. But if player A acts like a jerk with most every group he joins, then he will become known for that. And guess what, if player A chooses to act that way, then it is common sense that people will avoid him.

On the other side, if you are helpful, respectful, open to help, and are just generally easy to play with, you won’t have any issues.

Don’t get it mixed up, making mistakes and learning is not trolling or griefing. Being open and communicating with the group about whatever you are having trouble with can and will in most all cases garner you the help you may need from the group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Once a tool is added, it becomes the only way to find a group. You can’t do “LFG for X” because it’ll just be ignored or people say “just use the tool”. It becomes the standard, and any other way falls to the wayside.

You know why most things become the standard?
Because they are better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yeni.1924

Yeni.1924

After my experience with cross-realm LFG finder in WoW, I would like for it not to be in Guild Wars. Yeah, I realize bad groups were around long before the LFG finder came along, but that’s not my reason for not wanting it. I can deal with bad groups. What I disliked about LFG finder was how it seemed to take a little bit away from a server’s community.

Chat spamming is not community building, and I guess you must hate the current getup then since overflow allows cross server grouping, otherwise you’re just a hypocrite.

You dont get the point. It exactly how the second poster said it

So because he has an experience that doesn’t fit your agenda, he “doesn’t get it”?

(edited by Yeni.1924)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duveth.5742

Duveth.5742

lol, if u prefer spam in the door of the dungeon u can do that, but i wont do any dungeon until they add a good lfg system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smog.4058

Smog.4058

If you want to waste time looking for people in 2-3 different lvl 80 zones feel free for everyone else that doesn’t like pain tho. Please add a dungeon finder. it doesn’t and won’t break down community anymore then the guest system that will be in place soon.

(edited by Smog.4058)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiserin.4781

Kaiserin.4781

Maybe instead of having a LFG tool ArenaNet could implement a waiting room for each dungeon which could be server neutral, so that people who would like to do the dungeon go in and see who is waiting there and still have to talk with the other players to group up.

This is a really splendid idea, I think.. Not so much a LFG queue but instead just a place to hang out and wait for others to come in. It still takes away from time that could be spent enjoying the game in other ways, but at least they wouldn’t have to be yelling in /map for a long time, maybe to never get a group at all.

I really have nothing against LFG, though if they add one, I agree that it should be like SWTOR’s and for each server, that way if someone did happen to be a jerk.. They could be ‘dealt with’ on the server, so to speak. There will be bad groups regardless of whether there’s a LFG or not, just as there was with Wow, for example. It’s a smarter idea, IMHO, to add the function so that people waste less time.

(edited by Kaiserin.4781)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

no need for dungeon finder want to find ppl join a guild

in Suggestions

Posted by: jamescowhen.1562

jamescowhen.1562

in that case we should also do away with the trading post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Well, what about some sort of progressive Dungeon finder?
So people that actually have experience wouldn’t get queued up with new players that still have to learn it.

I suppose, that already hits the bar.
But just trying to figure it out, because the biggest nuisance you hear is that it usually irritates people when they have to wipe every single time because someone doesn’t know what to do yet, or just can’t figure out how to do that exact encounter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

For those of you interested grouping, without standing around spamming. Visit this next link.

Spread the word, and hope they turn on guesting soon.

Guild Wars 2 LFG Tool Beta

Member of Cradle Guard

in Suggestions

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

no need for dungeon finder want to find ppl join a guild

Try being one of the only 2 level 80’s in your guild of friends. Makes dungeon finding hard. I’m often one of those people frantically looking for a group.

I really don’t see an issue with some sort of tool to help find a group although I’ve never played an mmo with a tool like that. It just seems to make more sense. Remove some of the clutter in chat. One day I was in Ashford Plains and all I saw was talk of AC in the map chat. By that point I had already done AC so I understood, and a lot of people were probably hitting 30 round that time. But with people frantically looking for groups like that, often times beginners will ask questions that get missed in the wall of people looking for dungeon groups. I don’t see a problem with some sort of grouping system in game.

All the runs I’ve been on we’re pretty good and friendly, for the most part. I made some pretty stupid mistakes on some dungeon runs and they were so nice to me. As long as you’re with the right people I don’t see how that would change with a LFG system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phred.6410

Phred.6410

I agree with the OP.. Look how well the lack of a dungeon finder worked for SWToR and other games. It’s impossible that Anet could innovate a better dungeon finder paradigm than Blizzard so let’s not have one at all. Maroons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balkep.9756

Balkep.9756

Ok, OP seems to be trolling or something.
He says that he likes to meet new people and suggests that the others, who don’t want to do the same for various reasons should not have a tool to gather a party quickly.
OP, if you don’t want to use tools like Dungeon Finder – nobody forces you to, so don’t force the others to live in medieval age.
People are tired of spending hours – literally – spamming LFG/LFM in chat trying to gather a party. They spend more time finding somebody to play a dungeon with, than playing the dungeon itself.

Anet, we need some way to find people for dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I think some good could come of an automatic LFG: all the dungeons would have to be well tuned like CM story before such a thing could be viable.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

I agree, no dungeon finder please. I’m very happy to hear that Arenanet said they aren’t adding one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

By the 6th run, its not an adventure anymore, it’s repetitive farming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

I think that a LFG-tool would only make people care less about the group. Easy to get in and easy to replace/be replaced. I know that ninjaing is not possible in this game but apparently there is a way…sort of.

I like to talk to people and get to know them. I have not tried pugs yet in GW2 so I cannot judge about that. Looking forward to it tho

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Because when you do a dungeon with 5 complete strangers you don’t talk at all?

Okay….

I’m 100% against this, because when I do a dungeon with complete strangers theres still talking about strategy and methods.

And therefore I can still make friends through finding good pugs, if dungeon finder makes it so that finding pugs ad good people in them easier.

Please add a dungeon finder

For people who couldnt be bothered with guilds, you know, the casuals and the people who are too cool to be contained in a guild

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Ok, OP seems to be trolling or something.
He says that he likes to meet new people and suggests that the others, who don’t want to do the same for various reasons should not have a tool to gather a party quickly.
OP, if you don’t want to use tools like Dungeon Finder – nobody forces you to, so don’t force the others to live in medieval age.
People are tired of spending hours – literally – spamming LFG/LFM in chat trying to gather a party. They spend more time finding somebody to play a dungeon with, than playing the dungeon itself.

Anet, we need some way to find people for dungeons.

Exactly.

Because everyone knows dedicated players spend hours sitting outside of a dungeon going LFG… PLEASE LFG….

Instead of being able to multi task on what short time they have on Gw2.

By adding a dungeon finder it means you can queue for a dungeon and do something else.

And theres already a queueing system in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

It’s a romantic notion but the reality is that with the current system I can never seem to find any groups to run dungeons with. I don’t have all day to stand around asking for people to join me. So far I haven’t seen any dungeons so I’d gladly welcome an automated system that let us sign up for dungeons. Maybe I’d get to actually see one then!