Dragonborn

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

As many have talked about a new race influenced by the dragons/corruption, i wanted to give some ideas if this race would ever make it to the world of GW2.

The Dragonborn is a new mysterious race made from dragon magic. An Asura lab deep into the Magus Falls have been studying the dragons and the corruption and they have discovered a way to apply the dragons magic to living creatures to bestow them power of dragons, without being corrupted by the force the dragonmagic beholds

What are the Dragonborn?
The Dragonborn is a modified and artificial created race by an Asura lab in the Magus Falls. Not many know off this lab and the studies the Asura there attempt, only a few know of it, wheter they are evil or good.

Dragonborn can be any race modified and artificial created in the lab. They are infused with all dragons magic and can be covered in either crystals, ice, magma and more. Their eyes are always brimming with dragonmagic, which is the source to the dragonforce.

All 8 proffesions can be dragonborn and use the dragonforce.

What can Dragonforce do?
The magic of dragonforce can cause many things, depending on what type of dragon the Dragonborn draw their magic from.

Primordial Dragonforce – Fire type attacks
etc
etc

These new skills will be utilities and elite skills only. They won’t be better than the other proffesions skills, they are merely skills that show the nature of the Dragonborn and strenghten their theme.

Example: A dragonborn warrior with stomp in Primordial Dragonforce will cause an earthquake with magma erupting from the ground.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Our characters are however not evil, and the only ones with actual access to something like this would be the Inquest, and they are very much evil.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Zoid.2568

Our characters are however not evil, and the only ones with actual access to something like this would be the Inquest, and they are very much evil.

I never said our characters are pure evil. What i said is, those who know of the the lab in the Magus Fall and what the Asura are up to there might be evil or they might be good. Storywise, if there’s going to be a living story you need some things to stay mysterious or the excitement is lost.

Example: Queen Jennah might know all of it and she’s actually a little devil worker or she’s in it to find a way to fight the dragons and the dragosn corruption.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

You don’t find “Dragonborn” to be somewhat influenced by the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

Elite Skill: Fus Ro Dah! Knock opponents back with a loud shout that causes vulnerability and daze. 65 second CD

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

Elite Skill: Fus Ro Dah! Knock opponents back with a loud shout that causes vulnerability and daze. 65 second CD

Daze would be wasted on a knocked down enemy, unless the daze was like 10 seconds long, which seems unbalanced. Instead, why not a 600 range knockback with 3 seconds of knockdown, then 30 seconds of vulnerability and weakness.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

You don’t find “Dragonborn” to be somewhat influenced by the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

Try something a little older like d&d

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamuThatsWho.8369

JamuThatsWho.8369

Kodan are the next race. This isn’t Skyrim.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

No, Tengu! No, Largos!

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

…….can we not get elder scrolls up in this game…………..

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

How about no, because it’s trademarked by Bathesda and Anet likes not beign sued for copyright.

Also, how about an original idea instead of something rehashed from a different game?

Plus if you believe the woodenpotatoes theory that sylvari are the minions of mordremoth then technically the sylvari are dragonborn.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

ok one elderscrolls does not own dragonborn if any one it be wizards of coast. due to dungens dragons. but dragon born existed before that as its same name for dragon kin or dragon souled or so on. its to generic to copyright cause its used to much. be liek tryign to copy right the word A [yes A is letter and a word technicly lol]

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

Try something a little older like d&d

I know, but I don’t expect all of the GW2 forums to.
- Besides, Skyrim is something that most people today will know of.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

No, Tengu! No, Largos!

No, Skritt!

But seriously, this world has so many races that already exist why are you trying to invent entirely new ones out of nothing that don’t even follow the basis of ANet’s racial design?

Tengu really are the next race they already have both a starting zone and city between Lion’s Arch, Kessex Hills and Caledon Forest.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Zoid.2568

Kodan and Tengu are going to be playable races. I didn’t say these Dragonborn will be a race added as the first race, but sometime in the future. The Living Story is neverending, it will go on for years. It would be interesting if there was a race with dragonpowers, that could fight the dragons on a more equal level.

How did we kill Zhaitan? with a few cannons. The story of that fight is pathetic.
I really hope he didn’t die.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Kodan and Tengu are going to be playable races. I didn’t say these Dragonborn will be a race added as the first race, but sometime in the future. The Living Story is neverending, it will go on for years. It would be interesting if there was a race with dragonpowers, that could fight the dragons on a more equal level.

How did we kill Zhaitan? with a few cannons. The story of that fight is pathetic.

Every single attempt to use dragon power has been an unmitigated disaster ending in the corruption and death of the target subject. Therefore Dragonborn, by definition are Dragon Minions, because that is just how their powers work, period. That is the lore of the game. The Dragons are more powerful, or at worse as powerful, than the gods. It simply doesn’t make sense, what you’re asking for.

As for Zhaitan, he fell from a high place into cloud and water. I never saw a corpse. Every monster movie that has ever existed tells me that he’s just fine. Just like we know the Ancient Karka is dead because it turned itself into a molten statue for all time. There is no proof of Zhaitan’s demise.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Zoid.2568

As for Zhaitan, he fell from a high place into cloud and water. I never saw a corpse. Every monster movie that has ever existed tells me that he’s just fine. Just like we know the Ancient Karka is dead because it turned itself into a molten statue for all time. There is no proof of Zhaitan’s demise.

Do you think we will see Zhaitan on a huge battlefield in a raidtype content ArenaNet are working on? not long ago in an interview they told us they are working on something like raiding, like their take on raiding.

I really hope that it is the final battle to kill Zhaitan.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

ok one elderscrolls does not own dragonborn if any one it be wizards of coast. due to dungens dragons. but dragon born existed before that as its same name for dragon kin or dragon souled or so on. its to generic to copyright cause its used to much. be liek tryign to copy right the word A [yes A is letter and a word technicly lol]

Funny thing, Bethseda tried to copyright the word Scrolls, and brough a lawsuit against another company for having that word in their game’s title.

Its also like when Games Workshop tried to ‘Own’ the word “Space Marines” last year.

This is years after the fact that games like Starcraft and Halo used the term. Granted, They had been using the term Space Marine since 1987 and are the only tabletop game company that used the word…..Except for a game, literally called “Space Marines” that existed in 1980. Games Workshop was also completely ignorant of the fact that novels have used the phrase….since 1932.

As far as Dragonborn goes, they did exist as a seperate race in Dungeons and Dragons, but I can’t find evidence that it was used before that (because Google floods the results with Skyrim and only that game, even after filtering out several words).

Regardless of that, We don’t need Characters to have Dragon Powers to be on an equal playing field with the Dragons. You should read into the lore of the game (on the game’s wiki, because sources in the game are few and far between), There was Races that existed that last time the Dragons rose, and you will see why we don;t need a Dragonborn character.

Dragonborn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Funny thing, Bethseda tried to copyright the word Scrolls, and brough a lawsuit against another company for having that word in their game’s title.

Its also like when Games Workshop tried to ‘Own’ the word “Space Marines” last year.

This is years after the fact that games like Starcraft and Halo used the term. Granted, They had been using the term Space Marine since 1987 and are the only tabletop game company that used the word…..Except for a game, literally called “Space Marines” that existed in 1980. Games Workshop was also completely ignorant of the fact that novels have used the phrase….since 1932.

As far as Dragonborn goes, they did exist as a seperate race in Dungeons and Dragons, but I can’t find evidence that it was used before that (because Google floods the results with Skyrim and only that game, even after filtering out several words).

Regardless of that, We don’t need Characters to have Dragon Powers to be on an equal playing field with the Dragons. You should read into the lore of the game (on the game’s wiki, because sources in the game are few and far between), There was Races that existed that last time the Dragons rose, and you will see why we don;t need a Dragonborn character.

I think the Dragonborn race was either originally the Dragonkin race just renamed to sound more ‘interesting’ to the players or used recently in Races of Dragon Book.

As for the suggestion I don’t see this race being implemented as a playable race, perhaps as a enemy type. Although I think it might be interesting to play.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?