Duel System, Inspect, and Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tempest.1069

Tempest.1069

Since GW2 is the best MMORPG, i would love if GW2 makers keep updating the game. And i would really love if they adding:
1. Duel System, where we invite our friends to duel (1v1) anywhere (invite duel, and BOOM like World of Warcraft)
2. Inspect, where we can inspect other players equips (if they dont want to get inspected, just simply check “Dont Inspect”)
3. Mounts (Optional though, since we have fast travels) but it would be cool if we have mounts.

and for duel system, if its going to be implemented please add 3 options if someone inviting us to duel
1. accept
2. decline
3. block (can be edited through option)

why block? cuz some people are annoying, spamming invitation even we declined it

I really appreciate if you read and try to implement those ideas. Thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

2. Inspect, where we can inspect other players equips (if they dont want to get inspected, just simply check “Dont Inspect”)
3. Mounts (Optional though, since we have fast travels) but it would be cool if we have mounts.

No to both of these.

Inspect, in any form, is going to be abused by elitist dungeon monkeys.

Mounts don’t really have much of a point. We have way points and all classes get some form of speed boost already.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

No to both of these.

Mounts don’t really have much of a point. We have way points and all classes get some form of speed boost already.

Elitest dungeon monkeys :p …lool

Im going to use that term from now on if you dont mind I like it…

I agree though…no inspect…it will be used for Dungeon Monkeys pretty much

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Duels No- I do not want to get spammed by a player when I am busy with other tasks costantly to duel me for their eggo bost.

Mounts no- We already have waypoints, problem is so many important waypoints can be contested at times.

Inspection no- This will just fuel elitlist jerks fire on the type of gear you have on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

No to both of these.

So I have to endure 4 people running a dungeon, having full traveler’s set? I don’t think so.

I feel like I have the right to check people and know if I can trust them for an hour long run.

If I have the right to call someone a monkey, those will be the ones ruining my dungeon run with their greed for gold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

So I have to endure 4 people running a dungeon, having full traveler’s set? I don’t think so.

Yes. Why? Because dungeons can be done without much pain in blue gear, they aren’t that hard. And the difference between blue and exotic gear isn’t so big that it makes up for lack of skill, which doesn’t show at inspection.

But I guess you’re the type of person rejecting people for AC story mode if they’re not lvl80 too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ardrin.7491

Ardrin.7491

1) Well maybe with some filter and something else working on…maybe
2) NO, fo God sake, NO
3) Aaaaaaaaand, no… not needed, we don’t need wow2.

[OSC] Ardrin
(EU) SeaFarer’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

[quote=752052;Olba.5376:]

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Love the term elitist dungeon monkeys,

i have to disagree with the OP, we really dont need any of these. I would rather ANet iron out all the bugs and make enhance the game in othere areas.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

But I guess you’re the type of person rejecting people for AC story mode if they’re not lvl80 too.

The assumption you are making is based on no solid ground. You sound like a 9 year old when bringing people’s personal opinions into discussion even without knowing what they really are.

In a discussion, if you want to stand your point, you back it up with solid evidence or your personal view on the subject and I see you fail on that.

If all the party is equipped with just blue gear, you will either fail badly or if you are so skilled to press 7-8 buttons in order, it will just take too long. In another topic I suggested people to test it with doing AC exp with 5 lv35 guys and then doing the same route with 5 lv80s. Then decide if it depends on gear or not. I did and I am sharing my experience with you. With lv35s, it takes about 1.5-2 hours to finish AC path 2, that is if you can finish. With lv80s it takes about half an hour. The best time I had was 21 mins. So it absolutely depends.

Out of topic; I did NEVER reject someone because they are low level and I will NEVER do so. But I have the freedom to choose the guys I want to party with and I do so!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sunetsu.8342

Sunetsu.8342

I’d love if they added all three of these suggestions. I never had an issue with either being eligble in WoW for example, neither do I presume they’d cause any issues in this game.
As of mounts, despite of the fact that we can travel via waypoints, it would still be lovely to not always needing to relay on these. When running around solo, the amount of mobs and how quickly they respawn can be highly frustrating if I need to run by feet from one point until another, say if for example I’ve entered an un-explored area. It would also add to the ‘feel’ of the game as a Roleplayer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

1. Duel System, Yes
*anywhere outside towns
*limit to selected areas in cities
*option to not filter out dual challenges
*1v1 and guild team duels of up to 5v5

2. Inspect
*only for guild members

3. Mounts, No
*Players will by-passing content
*game needs waypoint gold sinks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torguish.4786

Torguish.4786

1: Yes please, dueling is always awesome

2: Check/Uncheck box if people wanted.

3: Mounts? Yes please. Why?

Won’t affect fast traveling, they wont be traveling at light speed. 20 – 50% more speed would not hurt anyone.

More immersion, the game lacks immersion. For me at least. Altho with dynamic events etc it’s like nothing is happening playervise. Not to mention only running is stupid when you have rockets, golems, magic, dragons and teleports.

I mean teleports. You have teleports but you can’t tame a horse?

Not to mention, people yelling ’’No’’ to mounts are the same that yelled ’’No’’ to guns.

I suggested axes into this game it got bashed because ‘’THE GAME DOESN’T NEED IT!’’

Mounts would only increase immersion, exploration and traveling would be really much fun. Not to mention if you get a cool mount it’s always cool to show it off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I feel like I have the right to check people and know if I can trust them for an hour long run.

If I have the right to call someone a monkey, those will be the ones ruining my dungeon run with their greed for gold.

Sure hope you mean Explorer’s (MF/Pow/Prec) and not Traveler’s (MF/Pow/CD), because the latter is dungeon armor. And if someone already has a full set of dungeon armor, that pretty much tells you that they know how to play.

And by the way, those secondary mods also exist on Knight’s (Tough/Pow/Prec) and Rampager’s (Prec/Pow/CD), which are amongst the most popular armor sets, next to Berserker’s and Soldier’s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

The assumption you are making is based on no solid ground. You sound like a 9 year old when bringing people’s personal opinions into discussion even without knowing what they really are.

In a discussion, if you want to stand your point, you back it up with solid evidence or your personal view on the subject and I see you fail on that.

If all the party is equipped with just blue gear, you will either fail badly or if you are so skilled to press 7-8 buttons in order, it will just take too long. In another topic I suggested people to test it with doing AC exp with 5 lv35 guys and then doing the same route with 5 lv80s. Then decide if it depends on gear or not. I did and I am sharing my experience with you. With lv35s, it takes about 1.5-2 hours to finish AC path 2, that is if you can finish. With lv80s it takes about half an hour. The best time I had was 21 mins. So it absolutely depends.

Out of topic; I did NEVER reject someone because they are low level and I will NEVER do so. But I have the freedom to choose the guys I want to party with and I do so!

The only assumptions I made were based on your haughty, arrogant “So I have to endure 4 people running a dungeon, having full traveler’s set? I don’t think so.” How that makes ME sound like a 9yo eludes me.
On some servers people are already having a hard time finding a PUG that takes characters below lvl80, having them rejected because gear inspection allows them to be burned alive by people who only care about 20mins token runs doesn’t improve that situation at all.

You do have a point however when you say that you have the freedom to choose who to do dungeons with, so to answer your own question: no, you don’t “have to endure” (oh the suffering) 4 people having whatever disadvantage. You just can’t inspect them.

And based on experience with games like WoW, that’s for the better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

No, no and no. Go back to WoW if you liked what WoW has.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please feel free to join in the current game improvement suggestions thread with anything you consider that could help improve GW2

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Game-Improvement-Suggestions/page/14#post295800

Thanks