Dye-able weapons - this one from gw1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Crimson_Carapace_Shield

Many of us had great fun dying the weapons in GW1. Also, some of the skins I would love to have available (holiday events?, special skins?).

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I like the Idea of dye-able weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

So do I, but then the dye drops need to be raised a lot more then they are. I played one day for 10 hours on the weekend and I only got 1 dye drop, so it is obviously on the 0.01% ratio. We use to get drops like crazy, and I dunno something changed along the lines for some reason.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

So do I, but then the dye drops need to be raised a lot more then they are. I played one day for 10 hours on the weekend and I only got 1 dye drop, so it is obviously on the 0.01% ratio. We use to get drops like crazy, and I dunno something changed along the lines for some reason.

I think that was just bad luck on your part sorry, but most days I get from 5 to 8 dye drops a day, granted most of the dye’s I already have but not the point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfstricker.8241

wolfstricker.8241

I think that was just bad luck on your part sorry, but most days I get from 5 to 8 dye drops a day, granted most of the dye’s I already have but not the point.

thats wired cuase im like Kaimick only about 1 a week
do you have magic find or somthing?

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Omnomberry bars but honestly maybe I am just lucky lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

I don’t really like the idea of dying weapons. Weapons should be what they are.

For example, the sword and GS from CoF. They are basically a chunk of cooled lava with chains. There’s no way they should be dyed blue or pink or any other color.. cooled lava is not blue.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

For example, the sword and GS from CoF. They are basically a chunk of cooled lava with chains. There’s no way they should be dyed blue or pink or any other color.. cooled lava is not blue.

Your right Cooled lava is not blue…. then again people can’t summon dragons tooth to smash their enemies… it is a fantasy game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Your right Cooled lava is not blue…. then again people can’t summon dragons tooth to smash their enemies… it is a fantasy game.

Yes this is a fantasy game, but it still can redeem some reality. And I think dying weapons crosses that line.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

How so the Father of Fantasy games has stuff like this all over, green flowing Molten lava, Black wind ect.

Plus if turning Lava into blue crosses the line for you, then how is it wearing armor with flames 5 inches from your face not bothering you.

It is called magical effects, or magicbabble, like technobabble. ;-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aardwolf.6085

Aardwolf.6085

The lava doesn’t have to change colour. Dyes could change like the hue of the blade slightly, or just the pommel. Some weapons in GW1 had very minor colour changes when applying a dye.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

What Aardwolf.6085 then look back up and what I said no more argument is needed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vycious.4531

Vycious.4531

C’mon now every game has dyeable armours? But no ones really thought about painting their favorite axe or hammer? I know I have!!

Can you see it now? Your enemy bearing down on you with two hot pink hand axes… Run away.. Run away!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vycious.4531

Vycious.4531

They used to paint weapons back in the medieval days… so if yer against dyeing them.. maybe we need another drop of ‘paints’ for the weapons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

In DCUO you can dye your weapons any colour you want.
GW2 could make use of it as well.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dye-able-weapons-this-one-from-gw1/first#post827211

Do people not even look ?

You just repeated a thread that is saying the same thing congrats

in Suggestions

Posted by: SkyCakeLight.3750

SkyCakeLight.3750

Kaimick, you seem to be a pretty angry person. I don’t understand why you would let something so small get to you. But! Oh well, haha.

I agree with weapons being dyed. Luckily, most weapons look amazing either way. On the other hand, we would begin to see silly colors on weapons, such as a giant pink greatsword. But! To each their own.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

That is a long leap to assume I was mad I asked a simple question.
Then I made a simple statement

Why should I be mad cause someone else doesn’t have the ability to use the search function ?

Nice try not really made thanks for caring though