Easily implemented Guild Housing. Thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cerai.9741

Cerai.9741

Hey all, Been enjoying the game a lot since launch! Thanks for making such an enjoyable and accessible MMO. That said, I have a couple suggestions that may help your game. While playing, I have heard several players in the more active and larger guilds mention a desire for Guild Housing in the future while I wandered the streets of Lion’s Arch. Then it hit me, The perfect Guild Housing. It’s not a house, but a ship.

1.) Guild Housing Should be in Ships-
Simple enough right? Accessible from the dock at Lion’s Arch, Fits the style of the game, and upgradable to make essential a guild fleet of galleons, crafting rafts, and even an airship or two. Furthermore, a guild could essentially pay an influence fee to queue a slot for docking their Flagship (not the entire fleet with all the upgrades) in Lions Arch Harbor (or overhead if an airship) as free advertising for their guild. It would be so cool to enter the harbor and see a Galleon’s sail emblazoned with your emblem, or visit the tiny houseboat of another guild. Plus as I mentioned earlier, guild housing would be easily upgraded by adding ships, features, and minigames to your guilds fleet. It’s easy, modular, and really cool.

2.) Underwater Gear could be a fun cosmetic addition….
…with fair amounts of utility too!
I was using diving goggles the other day and thought… “I wish my swim trunks weren’t my underwear” Considering that we already have an underwater headgear, adding traditional swimsuits for fun, and aquatic armor could be a great way to add some extra oomph to underwater activities. I would consider adding a slight movement boost to underwater gear as a solitary perk for having a set. Lightly enhanced endurance regeneration underwater would be a great way to implement this too.

I’m sure I had a couple of other suggestions, but honestly, the game is so simple and enjoyable right now, I keep forgetting them. At any rate, I hope this gets to some of you dev guys. Keep up the good work all.

(edited by Cerai.9741)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Distilled.9041

Distilled.9041

There would be literally thousands of ships clogging up the harbour. I can’t really see any way to have something physically in the game like this, it would just be unmanageable. If they introduce guild halls/housing then yes, it would be cool if it were an airship/boat, but it will definitely be instanced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomshot Cindy.4019

Doomshot Cindy.4019

I like the thought,Just not the ships.
Why not add Guild Halls like back in GW1 ?

• The Guild Tab (Hotkey:G) will teleport you to the Guild Hall.
    Guild Leaders & officers can pay for Guild Hall upgrades (Merchants, craftsman,
    Dye seller “Common dyes”)
  • GvG with in the Guild Halls. Just like Guild Wars 1 with islands where 2 guilds can battle it out. And monthly GvG Tournaments.
  • 5/6 Diffrend Guild halls. (Snowy, Jungle, Magma ect.) Old Gw1 members will know.
  • A Fun place to meet up with each other, And Quests can be invited with a small fee of 10Silver (Was 100 coins back in GW1)

A little preview of what the GvG map could look like. http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/71/Imperial_Isle_map.jpg
What a Snowy guild hall could look like.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/5/5b/Frozen_Isle.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Guild Membership will have to become Account wide before any GvG content gets added.

The same for Guild Halls that have services. Character based guild membership has too many ways to abuse Guild Halls and GvG content.

I’ve watched it first hand in just about ALL of Perfect World Entertainment’s MMOs.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

• GvG with in the Guild Halls. Just like Guild Wars 1 with islands where 2 guilds can battle it out. And monthly GvG Tournaments.
  • 5/6 Diffrend Guild halls. (Snowy, Jungle, Magma ect.) Old Gw1 members will know.
  • A Fun place to meet up with each other, And Quests can be invited with a small fee of 10Silver (Was 100 coins back in GW1)

A little preview of what the GvG map could look like. http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/71/Imperial_Isle_map.jpg

Because instancing the Guild Halls would truly be a crime against the most beautiful game world ever created.

I’m afraid that’s all ANet is willing to cook up, but I’ll still be disappointed if the Guild Halls are not set in the open world and the cities.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: azureprince.9367

azureprince.9367

why not make a level creator, that has a 360 degree view. But similar to games like black and white view, or super smash brothers lvl creator. I think guilds should be able to get air ships later on tho

in Suggestions

Posted by: oli.4786

oli.4786

There would be literally thousands of ships clogging up the harbour. I can’t really see any way to have something physically in the game like this, it would just be unmanageable. If they introduce guild halls/housing then yes, it would be cool if it were an airship/boat, but it will definitely be instanced.

Having a ship could be like owning a town in GW1 (Cantha). The alliances with the highest faction at the time got ownership of them.

In GW2 they could ‘rent’ the docking areas to the highest bidder, and have say 10 different bays. Of course this means only the larger guilds would be able to do this on each server but it would still be awsome. They could always add alliances and have alliance ships instead though, allowing smaller guilds a chance to get in on the action.

Or they could add some other method to earn a docking bay that is fairer for different sized guilds.

(edited by oli.4786)

in Suggestions

Cerai.9741

Yeah, I fully expect it to be instanced. There are simply too many guilds. So while one guild is docked at the harbor, you could simply go to the docks and transport to where your guild’s fleet is at sea. (instance) The whole bit about the ships is that they could visit Lion’s Arch and be seen by all, while NOT clogging the harbor. I wouldn’t want more than a single traditional ship and Airship in Lion’s Arch at the same time myself. But paying an influence fee to enter your Guild’s Flagship (not entire fleet) into a queue to visit Lion’s Arch is an obtainable goal. Unlikely, but I can dream.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

Guild Membership will have to become Account wide before any GvG content gets added.

The same for Guild Halls that have services. Character based guild membership has too many ways to abuse Guild Halls and GvG content.

I’ve watched it first hand in just about ALL of Perfect World Entertainment’s MMOs.

guild membership is already account wide. unless you were talking about multiguilding

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Cerai.9741

Because instancing the Guild Halls would truly be a crime against the most beautiful game world ever created.

I’m afraid that’s all ANet is willing to cook up, but I’ll still be disappointed if the Guild Halls are not set in the open world and the cities.

Right. I think that instancing them is a sad fact of life at this point, this idea however is my idea of a compromise… Being able to have a guild ship be flaunted off in the harbor is a great way to tie the many guilds into the fabric of the world without jamming them into the harbor all at once. Plus, I would hope that Anet would have crafted a variety of potential flagships with all the motiffs the hard core GW fans could want. A fleet of connected ships would be a great place to visit, and an awesome flagship would look sweet in the harbor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

or maybe they could add cities or outpost in the open world to set as guild halls… or just a map dedicated to it where you can see all the guild halls in the server (without the permission to access it unless invited or allied) but just for the show. like wvw maps were there are keeps claimed by guild

edit: maybe mine it’s a lame and stupid idea, but i like the idea of having neighbours

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Cerai.9741

or maybe they could add cities or outpost in the open world to set as guild halls… or just a map dedicated to it where you can see all the guild halls in the server (without the permission to access it unless invited or allied) but just for the show. like wvw maps were there are keeps claimed by guild

edit: maybe mine it’s a lame and stupid idea, but i like the idea of having neighbours

Right, its a fair point. While you could certainly have guild fleets be in set locations in the ocean as neighbors, its more than likely allied guilds would be able to visit their fleets at best, (so both guilds would share a merged instance with both fleets) rather than have a permanent location. Having an area for guild housing in the mists however, could definitely do that for guilds and would have more traditional halls. Think the real issue there would become the limited real estate. Still, its a nice thought.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

guild halls could be placed in the mists, a bit like with detha’s watchtowery place (base of the fractals missions) so then anet could become REALLY creative in the making of their halls, the boundry of which could be a steep drop :P

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I’d be alright with things being instanced – Generally the only people that would be in the guild hall is members of the guild anyways – as I was used to it from GW1. I would love to see a guild air-ship be a purchasable guild improvement through the guild upgrades though. I don’t really care if it has no actual benefits, I know that me and mine have wanted an airship the moment we saw them (just like that golem ‘drop suit’).

If they really wanted to do a community set-up, I think it’d be more of a challenge then any of us are admitting. Map overflow would become incredibly finicky with guilds in a shared map-area (wait, I can’t get to my guild hall because the map is full?). If it was really wanted though, (I have no idea maximum guild member limit or maximum map area limits) I imagine they could set it up so that guild could have an “alliance” of sorts to be tied together so that the maximum number of players per guild X alliance members would never exceed the number of maximum on-map players.

Certainly though, I would settle for a HoM-style warper that would take me to an instanced airship or hall (preferably it’d be nice to spiffy it up a bit or at least chose from a number of styles) so I could meet up with all the guildies and hang out.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elquin.9016

Elquin.9016

I like the idea of using existing structures/towns/homes as guild bases. It would even be possible to have guild structures throughout the WvW maps – entered through the towns/houses already in existence with more added in.

Guild Leader – Stonewall Vanguard
GLBTA / PvX Community.
www.stonewallvanguard.com