Fixing the Condition meta.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

• Bleeding damage is reduced, now deals more damage if the target is moving.
  • Torment no longer deals more damage with movement, instead torment can pass itself to nearby enemies by touch. You can only be ‘touched’ by torment once.
  • Burning damage is reduced, stacks in intensity.
  • Vulnerability no longer stacks intensity, instead duration, stays at a 10% damage increase.
  • Confusion only triggers when the foe doesn’t hit a target with a skill instead of triggering on every skill use.

There, you can make conditions more powerful without fear of making them broken. Allowing for more skillful play.
While we’re at it.

• Retaliation damage is increased, now ends after being hit. Like Aegis.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

• Bleeding damage is reduced, now deals more damage if the target is moving.
  • Torment no longer deals more damage with movement, instead torment can pass itself to nearby enemies by touch. You can only be ‘touched’ by torment once.
  • Burning damage is reduced, stacks in intensity.
  • Vulnerability no longer stacks intensity, instead duration, stays at a 10% damage increase.
  • Confusion only triggers when the foe doesn’t hit a target with a skill instead of triggering on every skill use.

There, you can make conditions more powerful without fear of making them broken. Allowing for more skillful play.
While we’re at it.

• Retaliation damage is increased, now ends after being hit. Like Aegis.

As much as i agree the condition meta needs to be fixed. Your points are mostly bad idea’s with the exception of vulnerability and confusion. I am sorry to tell you. What actually must happen is that the application of conditions should be nerfed, not the conditions themselves. no one should be able to spam conditions, that is a bad design.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the only one i agree with is the confusion bit. the conditions that stack in intensity are just fine because every class can remove them completely with condition removal. the torment tweak is interesting but switching its mechanic with bleeding is like switching the names of each condition.
however, i do believe that the duration of burning and poison need to be fixed. in wvw one can acquire alot of it, and its lame to go down or close to it 30 sec after the battle is ended.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riccik.2907

Riccik.2907

Just a stupid idea… The only thing that I agree is the poison and burning intensity instead of duration, It’s rather painful when u have those conditions for 30 more seconds after battle and PVE chill from mobs that can stack up to +- 2mins especially in a dungeon (arah)… But seriously changing retal bleed and torment like this ? NO WAY… Anet should fix the condition application not conditions themselves… they’re quite fine..