Flamekiss solution idea

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

A solution to this problem would be to add a new merchant into the game that sells cross fraction cultural armor that has been upgraded like the light flamekiss armor. (edit: added this line) The races would still have there own current versions to stand out with, but all races could buy this new armor (and to a lot of us the flamekissed does look completely different from human T3).
To make it fair make the pieces cost more than the T3 stuff (to satisfy the people that complained about their hard work to farm the gold needed for T3). And yay another gold sink in the game.

End result, the work of the people that made it wont go to waste.
Those of us that like the fire look of this armor can still get it on our toons (I think it looks the best on Sylvari, my necro Sylvari is awsome in this armor, and yes I will most likely be asking for my money back when it gets changed)
And in the future more upgraded cultural armor could be added (making people that want ones from other races able to get them)

Wins for everyone.

TC [CERN]

(edited by JeffHardisty.1926)

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Only the fact that it was gem store armor or its price wasn’t a big deal… cultural armors are supposed to be race exclusive and the skin changed that.

I want upgrades and options in terms of cultural armor but not in the form you describe… this game already has way to few flavor options when it comes to races I don’t want that to be made irrelevant.

If they were to do what you suggest that would only cause people go on the internet and demand karma and/or gold refunds in game for their cultural armor purchases. You are essentially asking them to remove a system from the game.

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

JeffHardisty.1926

Only the fact that it was gem store armor or its price wasn’t a big deal… cultural armors are supposed to be race exclusive and the skin changed that.

I want upgrades and options in terms of cultural armor but not in the form you describe… this game already has way to few flavor options when it comes to races I don’t want that to be made irrelevant.

If they were to do what you suggest that would only cause people go on the internet and demand karma and/or gold refunds in game for their cultural armor purchases. You are essentially asking them to remove a system from the game.

Except what I am saying is that this merchant would only have upgraded versions. The races would still have there own basic versions to stand out with if they like.

To me the human T3 armor is boring and I didn’t care for it, but with these flames added to it it now looks good. I am pretty angry that they put something into the game that I then went and bought gems for only to have them remove it and tell me that too bad we are going to replace the skin with a different one. I am pretty sure that there is many other players also kitten ed off about this; the ones I know who also got the flamekissed skin are angry. I didn’t even know it was the human T3 armor until it was removed.

TC [CERN]

(edited by JeffHardisty.1926)

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

No way. I bought this as a non-human, if they put it back in the game for solely one race after they took it away from me? No way.

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Its a screwed pooch, people are going to lose real money over this one way or the other… why the cultural armor are some kind of sacred has always been a decision I don’t understand, and frankly fewer people would have anything to say if they just opened ‘em all up… They would need to get far more specific than just simply giving me my money back because I will be left with other purchases that will either cost some of that returned money to undo (makeovers), or things like the character slot for a new norn mesmer with a gem store staff who has no more reason to exist if this redo skin is anywhere near as horrible as the medium/heavy choices (or basically isnt REAL close to what the flamekissed skin is now) and the gems to gold transfers to make sets with decent stats to apply the skins, dyes, mods etc…
I at least will need an account rollback of some kind if their new skin doesn’t deliver something especially miraculous above and beyond all their other attempts at designing new armor skins (yes i’m picky, but hey, it’s what guild wars 1 and 2 are all about after 80 and story, and this time i’ve actually given up irl hardware buys to get these things, so i’m especially mad about this one). Issue too with said rollback, it would need to be awfully specific and i know more than just me made quite a few buys around finally getting a good armor for races hard to make look right..only that i have to question every time i log in and think about progressing anything because a rollback (delayed as this is apparently going to be) means high chance of losing anything i try to do until then.
I see the two easiest solutions to put something solid out there right now.
Either say, its gone (and make it gone so we can start the process of returns/rollbacks or w/e to get money and damage from now useless satilite purchases,
Or throw the entire “t3 is sacred and special to that specific race” to the wind and go hog wild with flame touched or any other weird particle effects you care to add, culture no longer has its weird and uncalled for standing, people whos money is in limbo will have a solid answer and I, for one would likely spend more eventually if the skins stayed around long enough because a number of them (all t3 charr, t3 medium norn, t3 heavy asura and others likely) are things i would love to have some facsimile of not bound to the given race, and nobody loses any money.

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

JeffHardisty.1926

No way. I bought this as a non-human, if they put it back in the game for solely one race after they took it away from me? No way.

I didn’t say for one race, I said for all races. Maybe I should edit that again people seem to be getting confused with what I have written.

TC [CERN]

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

If the outlook of Cultural armor sets can be upgraded later, it’s very interesting : )

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

I’m really disappointed in the back pedal on this by anet. I for one have made a really nice set for my Charr ele using the light set, and now because some vocal minority has spammed the forums they are gonna change it. If it’s such a big issue for HUMAN T3, the solution is simple, change the way the armor looks on humans.

Oh and I combined Pheonix and the flamekissed for the set I like, so do I get a refund on both? Disgusted.

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I think Anet should replace the T3 light ones witht he current T3 set and redo all T3 to have some kind of visual effect. For the ammount of gold required to pay for it I would expect some kind of visual effects on that gear.

Flamekiss solution idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

Well I imagine it wouldn’t be out of there scope of expertise, sylvari cultural is being tweaked each patch