Full or partial refund of listing fee on TP

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

We need either a full or partial refund on items posted on the TP if they don’t sell. You put up an item like a legendary for 2000g, and someone turns around and posts one for 1985g – and now yours won’t sell and you’re out the 100g it cost to post it in the first place. We should get either 100% or 75% back. SOMETHING! Re-posting it for a cheaper price to compete with cheaper market prices is super friggin expensive. That 100g you posted it for before is now 185g.

Real world markets don’t function this way. If you put up stuff in your store at a price, and competitors start offering it for cheaper, you aren’t banned from lowering your prices to compete! Why do we have to do that in a game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Don’t post it for 2000g in the first place.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The listing fee is in place for various reasons.

One of them is to discourage endless undercutting. Another would be people using the TP as a storage by putting items in for a price that they know it will never sell. Also, it’s one of the more important gold sinks in the game.

Making a comparison to a real world market is pointless, as a real world market does not suffer from everyone being able to print as much money as they want. In the real world, they deal with that by controlling the total amount of money in circulation. Would you rather have a game where one day everyone stops getting any coin drops and can only sell items to NPCs for naught? Then you would end up having to do the same for all drops in the game and eventually you have a game that has no droppable items.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

also, without listing fees you can use the TP as an infinitely large bank to store all your stuff by listing them with prices no one would buy

Oceanic [LOD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

@LoreChief
What you’re suggesting is actually excatly what the current system does.

Assuming you’re selling your 100g item, you pay 15g tax.
But if you cancel the offer, you pay only 5g tax.

Pretty much as the real world works, if you want to put your stuff in someonelses shop. Except that the shopowner wants the 5% and the government wants the 10% (well, 19% for germany).

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

We need either a full or partial refund on items posted on the TP if they don’t sell. You put up an item like a legendary for 2000g, and someone turns around and posts one for 1985g – and now yours won’t sell and you’re out the 100g it cost to post it in the first place. We should get either 100% or 75% back. SOMETHING! Re-posting it for a cheaper price to compete with cheaper market prices is super friggin expensive. That 100g you posted it for before is now 185g.

Real world markets don’t function this way. If you put up stuff in your store at a price, and competitors start offering it for cheaper, you aren’t banned from lowering your prices to compete! Why do we have to do that in a game?

If you’d put it at a price people were willing to pay, undercutting would not happen. Working as intended. Greed cost you 185g.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

It ended up not costing me anything. Not to be spiteful, but the 5 underbids beneath me ended up selling and mine eventually was top of the pile.

I was also unaware that cancelling a posting would get you most of the deposit back, I thought it was just “eaten”.

Good points on it being abused as an alternative banking system though.