in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

You would make a killing, ANet.

GW1 Obsidian Armor Skins on Gem Store

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Hmm, how about like GW1 working for it instead of swiping the credit card. Leave other less prestigious skins to the gem store.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Bringing back armor is more difficult because the artists would have to adapt the artwork to charr and asura body types. This takes time and costs resources that could also be spent making new items and content.

That’s not to say I don’t want Obsidian armor art making a return. In fact, I would love to have the armor back, especially the elementalist and mesmer armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Bringing back armor is more difficult because the artists would have to adapt the artwork to charr and asura body types. This takes time and costs resources that could also be spent making new items and content.

That’s not to say I don’t want Obsidian armor art making a return. In fact, I would love to have the armor back, especially the elementalist and mesmer armor.

Really, REALLY?
In reality it’s a lot less work than making new ones and you have all graphics, even 3D models, resizing some parts and adapting them to new characters is really easy. Even if they had to remake 3D models from scratch (that I don’t believe is the case) it would still take a lot less time. Instead they do a lot of other stuff not listening what pp say about GW1 armors and try to feed us up with more RNG weapon skins that more and more ppl just don’t want just because they are in RNG not like they should be – tickets bought in gem store.
Just look on current armors, they aren’t changed, they are just resized. It takes a lot less time than you might think and ppl ask for GW1 armors like forever.
Ever since GW2 launched ppl saw gem store armors with and thought they will get rest of their favorite armors soon and we have NONE in 10 months!

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

No. It’s devalue them.

They should be craftable, and extremely expensive.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Septemptus.7164

No. It’s devalue them.

Craftable, not expansive.
They should consume time not gold cause everyone will just go for easy grind. It’s better to make it similar to laurels system. More like log in daily to get something/do something not grind your way through CoF P1 or flipping to be the one who have it all without really playing the game (cause farming is not playing it’s offensive to normal playing the game).
It should be challenging as well. At least a bit. Like you need to do some hard dungeon like Molten Factory and get some 3 parts from there and get some laurels and in living story time you can get some part always in daily to make an item. In the end you can add few crafting materials in normal quantity – like 10 or 25 of them instead 250 all the way…

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

No. It’s devalue them.

They should consume time not gold cause everyone will just go for easy grind. It’s better to make it similar to laurels system. More like log in daily to get something/do something not grind your way through CoF P1 or flipping to be the one who have it all without really playing the game (cause farming is not playing it’s offensive to normal playing the game).
It should be challenging as well. At least a bit. Like you need to do some hard dungeon like Molten Factory and get some 3 parts from there and get some laurels and in living story time you can get some part always in daily to make an item. In the end you can add few crafting materials in normal quantity – like 10 or 25 of them instead 250 all the way…

You have no idea what it took to craft obby in GW1 right? Legendary are a cheap joke in comparison.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Septemptus.7164

You have no idea what it took to craft obby in GW1 right? Legendary are a cheap joke in comparison.

I do. I have it. I have completed HoM (50/50) and I’m proud of it and it was rewarding for me.
GW2 seems to be off with a different ideology. It should introduce less grind as they said and now it’s kind of Grind Wars 2. I personally like to grind something but it’s all ppl do all the time and it’s really hard to find ppl who play for fun or want to help you lately. Living story has their issues with that (read my other thread) so I would love to see more about playing (like xp to gold conversion and cuts to farming not event based but system based like in my thread) so people would finally go to all zones not only few event farms (and meta events farms) and some in dungeons (especially CoF) zones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

No. It’s devalue them.

Yes, because what we really need in this game are more boring time gates.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There were 20 different Obsidian armors.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

10 different professions and male and female version of each. Which ones were you suggesting? All? One for each Guild Wars 2 profession and its male/female version? That would be 16 sets in the gem store. So when you say put the armor in the gem store, which one(s) did you mean and why those and not the others?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

They should make a new elite instance fissure of woe where you could craft the armor from a vendor. And it should be expensive like it was in gw1, This was the ultimate armor in gw1 if it did cost 10g here it would make no sense.

in Suggestions

Bright.9160

They should make a new elite instance fissure of woe where you could craft the armor from a vendor. And it should be expensive like it was in gw1, This was the ultimate armor in gw1 if it did cost 10g here it would make no sense.

The ultimate armor?

I didn’t like it that much. Sure, I had it for HoM, and I had enough money to give every single one of my characters full obby + Chaos gloves if I so pleased, but I hardly think it was the “ultimate” armor. In fact, my Assassin ran around in a full set of the normal Kurzick armor (yeah, not elite), because I liked it the best.

I’d like some more armor skins though. And some decent ones for that matter. How about some realistic and elegant Heavy Armors for females for a change? Instead of either something godaweful looking, or some spikey metal bikini’s or armor where you leave parts of your body showing… What kind of useless armor is that?

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I would love to see the old Obsidian Armors back. But maybe they should simply link them to a new elite endgame dungeon?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Bright.9160

I would love to see the old Obsidian Armors back. But maybe they should simply link them to a new elite endgame dungeon?

Yeah, and while they’re at it, they should only let the dungeon be around for 30 days, everyone would love that!

Oh wait, that sounds terrible.

(No offense to you, I’d love a new dungeon, just a stab at Anet’s terrible temp content design)

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

No. It’s devalue them.

I doubt that, I got several obby’s, But I dont feel like doing all that stuff for a legendary :/

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

No. It’s devalue them.

I doubt that, I got several obby’s, But I dont feel like doing all that stuff for a legendary :/

The equivalent of obby in GW2 would be a stack of ecto per slot, plus a whole lot of other expensive stuff to approximate the value in GW1.

in Suggestions

Septemptus.7164

I would still like to have it simply in gem store without all those RNG !@#$%.
Making it legendary similar armor – sure if you want. I don’t see a point in it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

There were 20 different Obsidian armors.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

10 different professions and male and female version of each. Which ones were you suggesting? All? One for each Guild Wars 2 profession and its male/female version? That would be 16 sets in the gem store. So when you say put the armor in the gem store, which one(s) did you mean and why those and not the others?

Maybe the Necromancer for light, Ranger for medium, and Warrior for Heavy. Or some unique combination of them that resembles the old sets.