GW2: Great Suggestions A++

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knight.1084

Knight.1084

Player Shops/Merchant Districts:
A nice thing to see would be the ability for players to set up their own shops. I can see how this could become messy though. Plays could litter the towns streets with their shops. To solve this problem, in towns their could be merchant districts which contain designated areas upon which players could set up their shops.
Merchant Districts could also contain all the other forms of trade in the town. Including NPC merchants, auction houses, etc.

Player Housing
Players could purchase houses (Each in their own instance similar to Guild Halls), and could customize them and invite other players to their houses.

Other Methods of Travel
New methods of travel would be nice to see. Instead of just being able to walk or map travel, players could potentially use mounts to travel, ride in a wagon with other players, take a boat, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derpula Stevens.8249

Derpula Stevens.8249

Good ideas. I totally agree. +1

Nachs: Norn. Asura. Charr. Human. Sylvari

#TeamEvonForever

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiriyon.8735

Tiriyon.8735

Player Shops – nope, not a good idea at all. That’s why we have the trading post.
By having a shop option players will inflate the market determining their own prices and a confusion by having many shops that the buyer need to actually walk from one to another to find a “good price”.

Player housing – We do have the home district though I thought it would be more like what you said.

Other methods of travel –
-mounts- won’t happen. Maps too small for that.
-Wagons boats etc that’s actually nice and interesting!

I think that there are more important things to focus on though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Player shops
While cosmetically very very cool, manually setting up a physical shop could never compete with the Trading Post. I cite time and convenience as a major factor. Also, are you going to stand in front of your shop all day and wait for customers? No, you’ll eventually want to go and kill some stuff.

Player Housing
Yes, but not instanced. No one cares about someone else’s house that exists ‘nowhere’, or, in exactly the same place everyone else’s house exists.
Expensively priced, and Tyria government sanctioned locations in the normal PvE environment only would be the real great way to do it.

Mounts, for sure.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StarPlatinum.2105

StarPlatinum.2105

Great idea hope they will add trade between the players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Honestly when they were talking about Lions Arch having a great bazaar type area I was excited. Imagining like a trading post area where items being sold on the trading post would be categorized by NPC’s down a strip. Like one would be weapons, one out be condimables, ect. I was very disappointed with the Black Lion Trading company just being a couple NPCs in a building vs this busy shopping and comerse area that was mentioned in the book.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

We already have mounts in the game, The Riding Broom.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

agre except mounts. mount would not fit the same way as in other mmorpgs still wagons ships and maybe flying dragons in missions pvp events would be awesome

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

All of these I disagree with, but rather than a simple “no” I’ll be constructive and suggest alts:

Personal shops – perhaps just changing this idea to “player trade” like GW1 and most other mmo’s. granted this may cause a lot of spam in map chat, however in the case that you loot a precursor that you don’t need you could do a player to player trade swapping for the precursor you do need, this in turn helps you out by not having to pay the trading post fees!

Player housing – just bring back guild halls with the ability to purchase npc’s and upgrades that give minor guild boosts all over tyria!

Travel – no mounts, but the boat idea is nice, for example it could take you from LA to Orr via southsun with different dynamic events happening on the boat during the travel, if you fail an event the boat sinks and you are washed to the nearest shore with a “disorientated” effect that lasts for 10-minutes. Just to add a bit of fun to the game!

I don’t think a personal shop would work that well into the game, mainly because what would you sell that isn’t more easily and conveniently available with the TP. Also the lack of player trade is meant precisely to prevent people from avoiding paying the TP fees. Gold sinks as necesary to prevent inflation, specially with so much gold being introduced into the world with things like CoF P1 farming.

Player housing, I agree would be a nice addition to the personal instance in your home city, plus guld housing would be a great thing to have. Actually I liked how Age of Conan did it in the first place, basically you reserved your guild spot and an instance was generated for every 3 guilds, so you actually had neighbours building their guild keeps in the same area.

On the travel area, I like that idea of boat travels with the posibility of events. Actually in Age of Conan (to bring the game again) had something like that. To travel to the first expansion area you had to take a boat, but there was something like an event (a random quest) happening on the way and you had to succeed in order to reach the new area, if you didn’t it sent you back to the dock. Some of the events were a giant squid attack where you had to man the boat’s cannons to kill, crew getting sick so you had to swim to a nearby island to gather herbs for a medicine, a mysterious wind preventing the boat to go any further, you had to go to the island again to find the source which turned out to be a wizard you had to kill, and so on.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

This. I would like to see more cosmetic mounts.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Customizable skill bar, move skill around so you can have lung skill on 1, debuffs on 2, 3 for all weapons.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Player Shops/Merchant Districts:
A nice thing to see would be the ability for players to set up their own shops. I can see how this could become messy though. Plays could litter the towns streets with their shops. To solve this problem, in towns their could be merchant districts which contain designated areas upon which players could set up their shops.
Merchant Districts could also contain all the other forms of trade in the town. Including NPC merchants, auction houses, etc.

Player Housing
Players could purchase houses (Each in their own instance similar to Guild Halls), and could customize them and invite other players to their houses.

Other Methods of Travel
New methods of travel would be nice to see. Instead of just being able to walk or map travel, players could potentially use mounts to travel, ride in a wagon with other players, take a boat, etc.

Player shops:
These would be obsolete because of the BLTP. The same applies for any sort of auction system.

Player housing:
We have a home instance with a tiny bit of customization based on your personal story, but I would like to see more customization to them based on personal story, achievements, or even guild contributions. I would also love to see guild halls similar to those in the first Guild Wars, but designed more around player interaction rather than GvG.

Other methods of travel:
The prospect of mounts just sounds like a WoW copycat idea. If they gave an advantage, there would be a huge uproar, and if they didn’t, no one would care (eg Riding Broom).

I have mixed feelings about mass transportation. I could see a ski-lift type system going between Hoelbrak and Snowden Drifts being minorly successful. A guild airship ride to any waypoint (purchased with merits and influence) could work great for moving guild groups and promoting intra-guild socialization. On the other hand, any type of mass transportation that moves players through a zone would need to be part of that zone rather than part of that player’s repertoire. A pact ferry between the ends of Straights of Devastation would be cool, especially if it incorporated an event where players had to dodge undead sharks leaping out of the water and throw tow-lines to players who got knocked off.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiriyon.8735

Tiriyon.8735

That’s not a mount just cosmetic broom underneath, no speed bonus and not practical.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Most people who want mounts want them for cosmetic purposes. We can collect armor, we can collect minis, why not give us something else? If you can agree with a boat for travel that would actually add new things, but not cosmetic “mounts” I just… I don’t even understand.

The maps are not too small. Sure, maybe they’re small if you waypoint everywhere, but not everybody does that. If I’m leveling a new alt I’d rather run around and kill everything between A and B, just out of habit. I wouldn’t mind having a fancy little thing to ride around on while I do that.

And as far as it being a WoW copycat idea, like… What? WoW isn’t the only game to have mounts, and even if it was, it’s been successful for a longgg time. I don’t understand why people are so against using anything that even reminds them remotely of WoW. That’s a good part of the reason why I personally think Wildstar looks like it’ll be awesome. It’s basically WoW with a few differences and various improvements.

There’s no shame in taking heavy inspiration from a great success, stop acting like it’s some terrible idea because once upon a time WoW existed. Especially for something that can be collected lol, ANet has always given their players so much to work for. Weapons, armor, minis. Mounts definitely would be a plausible addition to the list, if people would stop getting immediately kitten and terrified because ‘OMG WOW HAS MOUNTS.’

So does SWTOR, Wildstar will, Tera does, Neverwinter does. What is the issue?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I want a mount but there’s a reason I haven’t bought the broom. I don’t want it to be purely cosmetic. I main a mesmer and a mount that provided a speed boost would do a lot for alleviating my reliance on using a focus. Plus way too many of you are limited in your thinking. A mount doesn’t have to be a physical object or vehicle. It could a skill that allows players to hover over the land or a new running animation. Even the new drill counts as a mount and is far more inventive than a lot of other mmos.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Thinly veiled mount thread is thinly veiled.

There’s a reason shops don’t exist, even though I’d like them. We do have a functional world wide trading post, which is far more difficult to abuse than regular trading. I’d rather have honest prices through a relatively awkward tool, than being ripped off trough convenience.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto