Give PvErs a reason to Spvp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Spvp has lots of potential to be great. Different modes other than capture points is a must.

Remember when GW1 had all those cool different modes like annihilation? Thats what GW2 needs.

I think PvErs would Spvp more if the rewards were able to be shown in PvE. Yah sure you can /rank and have that feather in your cap title, but that just isn’t enough for PvErs to be interested.

What I really want to see is the ability to skin your PvE armor with the skins you can get in Spvp WITHOUT having to use fine transmutation stones of course. Treat them how your Hall of Monuments skins transmute. Or at least make a Mystic Forge recipe to do this.

I have no idea if this already exists, if it doesn’t it should. GW2 does not really tell you everything that you can do with the stuff you get.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

That kinda defeats the purpose, then posts like,“Give pvper’s a reason to pve” would erupt. The rewards between the 2 arn’t shared because it just doesn’t make sense to give someone karma/coin/laurels in spvp when nothing in spvp requires that (just an example). Same would be like pve gaining glory plus it also makes obtaining such rewards too easy for pve/spvp if there are 2 different methods to obtaining them. Sure restrict it to 1 or the other not both but it just wouldn’t make sense to put it there to begin with.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

I think the most common reasons why PvEers don’t PvP is because they dislike PvP. And those who don’t dislike it probably already play it.

And this suggestion could only work for the armours that drop in the game, no cultural, no order and no dungeon armour

in Suggestions

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

If pvers wanted to pvp, then they would.
What incentive would you give them? Something that isn’t account bound? That would just give pvpers a source of gold instead of useless glory.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I think the most common reasons why PvEers don’t PvP is because they dislike PvP. And those who don’t dislike it probably already play it.

And this suggestion could only work for the armours that drop in the game, no cultural, no order and no dungeon armour

Yup, Im a PvEr who doesn’t PvP because I do not like to PvP. Rewards will not make me want to do PvP. You will find that for a lot of PvErs, no amount of rewards will ever get us to to something that we find no fun in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Each player will decide what they think is fun, and play the game accordingly. Not everything needs a reward or incentive.

Gamers need to go back to the mindset of playing games like we did with old-school consoles where the reward was just having a good time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

Personally, I play PvE for the money and for the skins. I play SPvP for fun and of course, titles. And I play WvW for fun and the doing of daily achievements.

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

unidentified dyes?
ive gotten tons of rare dyes from pvp

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Yeah…got my midnight ice and my abyss dyes from spvp deer boxes.