Give us "Alliance Battle" already!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Yes the Awesome and Balance AB that kept players coming back for 5+ years!

Why Balance?
12v12<—
Consists of 3 Parties with 4 players in each parties making a team of 12 players for each side IS a balance Pvp set up among all.
Of course there will be Zergs but it CAN be controlled just like AB in GW1, it wont be like WvW insane zergs of hundreds.

But we need a way Bigger map than s/tPvp maps. Not Huge like WvW no.
Yes like a mini WvW (Not s/tPvp).

I won’t call it Alliance Battle for GW2 cause its unrealistic due to no factions.
But i would called it…
CONQUEST!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t know much about that so called “Alliance Battles” from Guild Wars 1. But I like bigger matches with a bigger amount of players but somehow I think WvW is boring.

Shorter matches are something I prefer(maybe between 20 and 40 minutes). sPvP is a bit too short and too small the amount of numbers.

Something like 12 vs 12 sounds interesting if there were interesting maps and game modes.

Maybe they could try map like sPvP where you capture some points and instead of 3 points try it with a bigger map with 5 or 7 points and some additional mechanics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

WvW is equivalent to AB. The game play was either one big zerg, or several smaller ones running around capturing stuff.

I would rather see something like HA where there are multiple different styles of maps and your team had to be flexable enough to be able to win on all types or they would get bumped from the rotation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

I know this isn’t what you were thinking of, but Fort Aspenwood had to be my favorite in the alliance type battles. It was fun and had multiple things you need to focus on. It also gave you personal rewards that you could use to make gold as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I know this isn’t what you were thinking of, but Fort Aspenwood had to be my favorite in the alliance type battles. It was fun and had multiple things you need to focus on. It also gave you personal rewards that you could use to make gold as well.

The Kurzick faction had such a kitten advantage on that map though.

That said, I’d love to see the game’s official pvp mode worked towards something like Fort Aspenwood, with a symmetrical map. Defend your keep, destroy your foes’ keep. Direct siege npc’s to follow specific pathways. Sort of like a League of Legends/DotA style game where you tell the minions where to go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I really enjoyed Alliance Battles. I don’t enjoy WvW in the slightest. My suspicion is that’s because badly imbalanced sides make for game-play I find uninteresting, no matter if I am the badly outnumbered or the badly outnumberer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

The Kurzick faction had such a kitten advantage on that map though.

That said, I’d love to see the game’s official pvp mode worked towards something like Fort Aspenwood, with a symmetrical map. Defend your keep, destroy your foes’ keep. Direct siege npc’s to follow specific pathways. Sort of like a League of Legends/DotA style game where you tell the minions where to go.

And yet for some reason the Luxons ended up winning a lot of the time, especially when Necro’s minion bombed the place, and Mesmer’s echoes Ray of Judgement on the wall protectors xD still it was a really pretty map with the stain glass cathedral looking castle.