Guild System Improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

The Guild system in guild wars 2 seems very thrown together to me and is lacking some MAJOR features even from the first gw that didn’t make it into the second.

-Mutli-Guild Problems- Possible Multi-Guild Fix 2 : Allow Mutli-Guilds. Limt the amount of guilds a character can be involved in. Do not limit chat involvement to only one guild, Create multiple channels for each guild, with same options as the normal chat system. Each Guild having an assigned and Customizable Color. When a character completes a task pvp/event/ect. which provides IP. IP is generated for all guilds the player belongs too. (Possibly with the option of splitting currency 1 guild membership = 100% to the guild, 2 guild membership 50%-50% and so on. “Representing” For a guild is purely cosmetic, Showing that guilds logo/Tag. Keeps Guild mates from other guilds Nameplates Orange, Even if not representing.

-Ranking System needs tweaking- In the current state the ranking system is very restricted. You cannot allow members to invite players without kicking them also. FIX: Split “Admin Lower Ranks” Into “Promote/Demote” and “Invite Members”.

-Organization within Roster I would like to see an organization option to have Ranks of ONLINE players be an option. If I sort the guild by Rank in the current set up it shows offline members. I would also like to see a break between the Ranks, A small line would even due just some organization.

-Officer Chat- Communication between officers/leader without having to make a ton of whispers or a party to talk

-MotD- “Edit” erases everything, it needs to do exactly what it says, Edit the message. Also Guild setting turning on/off if the message displays when a Character logs on/off

-Guild Description Currently the only place to put Guild Rules/Vent info in guild is in the MotD. Guilds need an area to put a description of what there about, and also include vent info, rules, other info that doesn’t take up a spot where guild events / achievements should be being announced.

-Notes- Both Officer and Public, Because Guilds are account based it is easy to lose characters in their alts. This would help Guild Leaders identify “Mains” for PvP teams, and PvE teams. Also this needs to be done to form a communication between officers if a member is being rude while one Officer is on they can leave a note so if it comes up again another officer can follow through. Also with positive influence, if an officer sees some leadership qualities they can write that in so the Guild Leader can keep an eye on them.

-(Name) Logged On/Off - Name says it all. Have a Guild setting to post when a Player has logged on or off of Guild wars.

-Last seen on- I have members in my Guild that I have no idea if they have even logged on since the launch of the game.

-Influence Tracker- I would like to see some sort of Account based influence tracking, While I can see this causing problems because Guilds could create Influence Quotas. I would like to see that so I can identify members who are pumping out influence and reward them.

-Emblem- I would like to see more “Showing Off” of emblems, Time being they are very small icons here and there. A couple options are Icons by names, Banners on weapons and armor ( not capes ) but literally a banner you wear on your back(much like the blade master in warcraft3).

-sPvP Bonuses- No I do not want to have a + 40Vitality (ect) buff for sPvP and tPvP. I would like to see more options to support Guilds within tPvP tho. “+ X% sPvP influence increase”, “sPvP Guild Finishing Move”, “sPvP armor banner”, “+Magic Find sPvP” (for chest rewards).

-Guild Halls- This was in the first Guild Wars and I would like to see it again. “Guild Hall” – Requires Max level in at least 1 Rewards Tree (Politics,AoW,Economy,Arch.) You also need to use influence to Purchase upgrades for your hall, Thus if a Guild has a hall using the Art of War tree they cannot get the same upgrades a guild using the Economy Tree has. Each tree will have its own unlocks for the Guild. Also a place to run PvP Skirmishes/Tournaments.

-Mailing Feature- Mailing Feature which would allow you to compose a message to either the entire Guild or Officers. This could be used to expand communication within the Guild as not all members are online at the exact same time. Could be used to Set times for Guild Events, Meetings, On what days Guild bonuses will be activated. Also adding a “Guild” tab to the mail screen. (And while we are at it a BLTC Tab)

-Guild Calender- Allows for organization of events / buffs for guild. Exactly what normal calendars do :P

Please provide Feedback.

(edited by BioHazard.2147)

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Guild Tax “guild tax” option to collect a small percentage of the gold acquired by members, perhaps an option in “economy” or “politics”. This tax would be supplied to the guild bank which would fuel another option “Guild armor repairs”.

Guild Repair Contract an option in “economy” for the guild to pay X amount (determined by Guild leader , customizable per rank ) for guild repairs.

Guild Bank Change allow for guild leaders to customize the Stacks withdrawn per rank for the guild bank option.

Promotion Problems in the current system when you promote a member it does not show a confirmation. This is is causing problems where Guild Leaders are accidentally promoting members to the highest rank with no way to demote them. Possible Fix : Confirmation message for leader ranks. “Do you really want to promote (name) to (Rank)”. You could also give the Creator of the guild Ultimate control. Even when there is 2 at max rank the Creator still has the overall admin control. Another problem is that the Promotions are alphabetical not sorted by rank. FIX : When promoting ranks should be sorted the same way they are in the ranks tab.

Guild PvP Server : There is really no support currently for Guilds designed around sPvP. Allowing a guild to purchase a sPvP server, which in turn will have a domain name, and option to be password protected. Purchasing a sPvP server will either be threw IP when guilds reach the highest level in Art of War or a Combination of Trees. Also an option to be purchased for Gems. This would allow for Wargames within PvP guilds, or small guild based tournies.

Alliances Add alliance systems to the options guilds can have. This would further promote community within guilds and alliances. While there are no real reasons to have alliance currently like in guild wars 1 ( owning cities ). We still want them to increase our communities.

Guild Size Please increase Guild Member limit. Guilds are starting to have to break into more guilds and currently since there is no way to be in both chat systems at the same time the community of one guild is being split. This could also possibly be fix with Alliances if there is a reason not to increase guild size.

Custom Guild Emblems This feature would allow guilds to upload their own guild emblem. Thus making each guild more custom and allowing for the owner ship of ones OWN guild. The emblem would have to be a set size ( determined by anet), be a set amount of colors each demed “Primary” “Secondary” Ect. so they could be color edited in game, and possibly under go a censor ship threw guild wars to prevent any profanity.

Guild Server Transfer This is more for when Free realm transfers shut down. Pay X amount go Gems/Influence to create a “Guild Transfer Ticket” consumable. When consumed by the Guild Leader it allows you to transfer your entire guild to X server ( which is and will not be made full by the addition of your guild.)

Optional Guild Emblem An option to just not display a Guild Emblem. Some Guilds prefer to just not have an emblem, they should have an option too.

Guild Kick 1. “Kick from Guild” should NOT be an option when right clicking someones name. Too many times in parties have I accidentally kick guild members from the guild instead of kicking them from the party. It should only be accessible from the Guild Menu. 2. Confirmation for any type of Promotion or Demotion ( including kicks)

Guild Bound Items We have account bound so we can have one of our higher level characters support our lower levels. Can we have Guild Bound items ( armor/weapons/ect) so that our higher level members can support our lower level members. or . Wealthier members support poorer. We are a community are we not?

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

disagree on the multi guilding part, unless they find a nice way for people to be effective members of multiple guilds without those guilds being in an alliance (if alliances ever make it to the game)

AGREED LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES on the ranking system. i have two ranks in my guild for recruits: one for recruits from other servers, and one for recruits on the main server, but the ones on foreign servers can’t recruit new players because that would give them the ability to grief and kick everyone from the guild :/

roster organization is already there. sort by rank, then sort by online (the green squares). voila. i do it all the time.

don’t see a point in officer chat.

message of the day could be improved. would be nice if it popped every time a player logged in. not many people open the guild panel.

don’t see a point in that either.

would like a “last online” option, yes.

there’s already a history page for influence. as you said, individual influence tracking would make guilds kick “inefficient” players. you can reward the most active players by paying attention to what they do. do they play in groups often? do dungeons? participate in PvP? stay online for long periods of time? etc.

banners would probably cause a lot of clipping. there are backpacks already though. what i’d like to see is the ability to stamp your armor with the guild emblem, rather than turn the entire armor into another set just to show the emblem.

pretty positive there are already glory boosts and sPvP influence boosts, but i wouldn’t mind the others (better drop rate of chests and guild finisher… especially the guild finisher. just imagine that banner falling on the enemy and your guild emblem shining on top of it)

i think they mentioned something about guild halls being implemented eventually.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

One of the replies has a very good point. Guild Wars does not really reward players for being in a guild besides guild buffs. A new way to reward Guild Play in GUILD WARS.

Guild Badges of Honor Guild Badges of Honor will be traded in for personal bonuses from Guild Reward Tab ( 24h % (Karma/Gathering/PvP/X) ). That the Guild has access to. Respect will also be a new feature for the Guild’s. Players will be rewarded with a Guild Badge of Honor when they contribute X amount of Influence or completing Guild Dailies and Monthlies.

Guild Bands Keep group party limited 5. Allow for “Guild Bands”. Guild bands are limited to 20 players and are only able to be created by members determined by Guild Leader. New rank option. What will Guild Bands be used for

PvP :

Guild v Guild Map : 3 Instances , Guild A’s Hall, No Man’s Land, Guild B’s Hall. Guild Hall’s will contain a Guild Lord/Champion (skin determined by Guild Hall, Sword/Shield, Longbow Warrior). Players will be required to start at each Guild’s Hall when the matches start, Each map only has 1 Rez point per team. No Man"s Land. 3 Capture Points which provide points/resource along with buffs for both players and Guild hall’s. Point A : 5%Power/Guild Hall Defensive Units. Point B : 5%Toughness/Guild Hall Wall Armor. Point C: 5%Vitality/Guild Hall Wall health.
Point will also be used as a resource. Guild’s can purchase Defensive and Offensive items for X amount of points. Game Type promotes use of both Damage builds and Survival builds. If you like to play bunker, you can hold Capture points. If you like to play damage, You can attack the Guild Lord.

Win Scenarios : Guild Champion Slain / Reach X Points.

PvE:

Guild Missions Elite missions similar to Urgoz Warren, The Deep, Fissure of Woe, and The Underworld. Elite Bosses w/ epic skins that are incredibly hard to kill.

Guild Daily/Monthly Guild Daily and Monthly rewards for guild cooperation. Guild Dailies and Monthlies will only be completed when a group has formed into a Guild Band. Dailies and monthlies will reward all guild members with X Experience, X Gold, and X Karma. Guild members will also receive 1 Guild Badge of Honor. The Guild will be rewarded with X Amount of influence. Guild Dailies will consist of tasks such as Killing X amount of monsters in a guild band, Slaying a Champion/Realm boss in a Guild Band. Completing X amount of Events. Monthlies will consist of completing X amount of Guild Dailies. Slaying X amount of Champion/Realm Bosses. And completing 1 Guild Elite Mission and Competing in 1 GvG.

Guild Armor The current armor from the guild Armour is very bland. It also removes the skin of any armor you place it on. Guild members should NOT have to choose between representing the guild and showing off their cool armor skin they worked their butts off for. A possible fix is to throw a banner or logo onto the current armor skin.

Guild Banner/Capes The logo on guild armor is very small. One of my favorite features of Guild Wars 1 was the custom capes. Every Guild had their own capes and along with that, The options of having unique boarders as a reward for completing different tasks. Implementing Capes would allow for more of a Guild Identity on your characters.

Guild Permissions Extend Permissions in guild bank. -Deposit Items – Withdraw X Items -Deposit Gold -Withdraw X Gold. Also a more informed history tab. Who took out (item/gold). “Player Declined invitation”. “Player’s invitation was removed” instead of “Player was kicked” or “Player left the guild”. When they were never in the guild to begin with.

Rename Feature Since launch many Guilds Have remade the Guild because in the long run they were unhappy with the original name. It has been proposed
’to add a name change feature into Guild Wars. My suggestion for this would be you would go to your Guild Registrar and purchase a “Guild Name Charter” you would enter your new name, which would then be approved by the system for duplications, Then you would require a percentage of the guild to “Sign” the charter ( which would be signed in the “G” menu. And when the percentage was hit the guild name would be changed.

Character List / Biography Because each players account has many characters it would be nice to have a way to manage not only which characters you represent which guild with but also a “Account Biography” that would allow guildies to see your other characters, their level, location, current represented guild, and professions.
Ex. Biohazard.2147 Right click “Account bio”
Note : Up for RP PvE / tPvP
Officer Note (Visible to defined ranks) : Can “Call” in tPvP
Vivid Vision – lvl 20 Mesmer – disease plateau – X (artificer) / X ( cooking )
Behnga – Lvl 80 Ranger – Orr – X (huntsman) / X (leatherworking)

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Multi-guild Solution 3 I’d like to see a feature that allows the player to optionally set (per character) the guild that the character will auto-represent whenever the character enters WvW or sPvP, and the guild that the character will auto-represent whenever the character enters a PvE zone other than a city. This may solve many people’s frustration with the multi-guild system. (Copy/Pasta Born.)

Guild Sponsored Travel Guild would offer to pay X amount of waypoint travel fees -Reference “Guild Tax” and “Guild Armor Repair”

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I agree with most things, but I completely disagree with your view on multiple guilds. I belong to multiple guilds for a reason and if I could talk to all 4 simultaneously, I would be a much better member for all of them, instead of a guild hopping kitten.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten who belongs to Multiple Guilds.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

I understand people belong to other guilds Personally if I wasnt a guild leader of one I would belong to a PvE Guild and a PvP guild.. But the current set up is still not put together the best it can be. I don’t think you should be able to belong to different Guilds because at that point I think it takes away from each Guild.. allowing you to join mutliple guilds I feel minimizes the purpose of Guilds.

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

I understand people belong to other guilds Personally if I wasnt a guild leader of one I would belong to a PvE Guild and a PvP guild.. But the current set up is still not put together the best it can be. I don’t think you should be able to belong to different Guilds because at that point I think it takes away from each Guild.. allowing you to join mutliple guilds I feel minimizes the purpose of Guilds.

allowing you to join multiple guild lets you have fun with different social groups. people have more than one group of friends, and they shouldn’t have to choose one group over the others because otherwise ‘it would minimize the purpose of guilds’.

guilds are, first and foremost, social features. and not restricting people to how many guilds they can join enhances the social aspect of guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nimee.9785

Nimee.9785

I agree with several of these suggestions. Several have been suggested 1000 times. Yes, Anet needs to improve the guild system in a game called “Guild” Wars.

I believe customized chat channels and/or alliance channel are a MUST to encourage more community.

Also increase the guild cap. Some people like a large guild experience and some like small tight knit guild experience. I have been a member of both types of guilds and enjoyed both.

The ability to form large raid groups whether its used for a zerg in wvw or a guild event in pve. Again it encourages community

(edited by Nimee.9785)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

Excellent suggestions. I do think that multiple-guild membership can be looked at. If one of my characters gets a guild invite, why should any of my other characters also be able to represent that guild? I think it should be character-based, perhaps with an option of the guild leader to extend the invite to the entire account or only one character.

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meltdown.5921

Meltdown.5921

I agree with almost everything here! I think that the guild functions that were part of GW1 should at least be added. A lot of guilds are getting bloated by members who haven’t been on in ages. The biggest reason I found this thread was because I was searching for last online. I think a Dev needs to look into this. This is “Guild” Wars after all.

Meltdown Fireroot
Co-Founder of Goonies [Goon] Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

I agree with almost everything here! I think that the guild functions that were part of GW1 should at least be added. A lot of guilds are getting bloated by members who haven’t been on in ages. The biggest reason I found this thread was because I was searching for last online. I think a Dev needs to look into this. This is “Guild” Wars after all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I totally agree with guild invites being per char and let me have 4 guilds per char. One of my 4 guild slots is taken by a guild that is for nobles only (and they want two, greedy!) and I only have 1 char that is noble.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Anyone have any other suggestions?

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Edit : Added Guild Calander

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valnar Arylith.5793

Valnar Arylith.5793

here here Anet plese listen to this post. would be very nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

I don’t understand the issue with either seperating guilds by only letting you belong to one or remove the limit on the chat. I do not see how belonging to multiple guilds helps in any social way when you can only really be a part of the guild you are representing, the other are just kind of…there…you cant even see their chats if you do not represent them, so…what’s the point in being a part of them?

Would just like to clarify, I actually LIKE the idea of belonging to multiple guilds as I actually DO have several I belong to from other games and do not like that I have had to choose between them as far as representing. I want to chat with them all and not have my choice of who I am representing intrude on who I can socialize with.

As far as the rest, yes please Anet..the guild system is so very sloppy in this game.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

I think they either need to limit the guilds to 1 guild .. or allow you to be in all guild chats having each chat in its own window and have the “Representing” be the one that your tag is showing.. Guilds should NOT be negatively impacted if you belong to one which means when you complete events ect. all guilds you belong too should receive influence

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Won’t let me Edit Original Post

Possible Multi-Guild Fix 2 : Allow Mutli-Guilds. Limt the amount of guilds a character can be involved in. Do not limit chat involvement to only one guild, Create multiple channels for each guild, with same options as the normal chat system. Each Guild having an assigned and Customizable Color. When a character completes a task pvp/event/ect. which provides IP. IP is generated for all guilds the player belongs too. (Possibly with the option of splitting currency 1 guild membership = 100% to the guild, 2 guild membership 50%-50% and so on. “Representing” For a guild is purely cosmetic, Showing that guilds logo/Tag. Keeps Guild mates from other guilds Nameplates Orange, Even if not representing.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Guild PvP Server : There is really no support currently for Guilds designed around sPvP. Allowing a guild to purchase a sPvP server, which in turn will have a domain name, and option to be password protected. Purchasing a sPvP server will either be threw IP when guilds reach the highest level in Art of War or a Combination of Trees. Also an option to be purchased for Gems. This would allow for Wargames within PvP guilds, or small guild based tournies.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Please don’t let this thread die to people starting threads about needing more squirrels in the game………. The Guild system needs adjustment and here are some good suggestions i have compiled into 1 thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carn Validus.5182

Carn Validus.5182

I think we need some more guild activities. As the game stands now there is only WvW and sPvP for guilds. Guild that arent pvp geared done really have much to do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roach.2580

Roach.2580

Moving my post here since this one got so much more attention. Thanks to BioHazard for bringing it to my attention.

As a guild leader, I can’t emphasize how much we need more tools for guilds. Here’s my wish list in order of priority:

1 – Last logged in timer. I know I have inactive players in my guild, but I can’t justify kicking someone out if I don’t know EXACTLY how long they have been gone. This also helps with understanding overall contribution to the guild. Also, if guild size caps are part of this game, why restrict me to guessing who the deadbeats are in my guild?

2 – Loosen the restrictions on mail within the guild. I have several active members in my guild, and if I need to post in game that there is an emergency meeting tomorrow, I can only send one message per minute TO MY OWN GUILD. Is it spamming if it’s within my own guild? At least give us an option to restrict or allow guild messaging.

3 – Guild message of the day. Its almost invisible when opening the guld window. Could we possibly change the font color? Also, when a member logs on or turns on his or her guild representation, why not force-display that guild message in chat? First chat message in bright orange or yellow “Guild meeting tomorrow @ 6 PM. Bring pie” Let’s be honest… Most guild members are probably not going through the guild window like guild admins do on a daily basis.

4 – The ability to search for guilds in game. The ability to include hyperlinks here would be nice too.

5 – Representation sharing should be the guild’s option. I like the idea of being able to represent more than one guild… But shouldn’t guilds have the right to restrict this? For all the different types of guild leaders out there, some are just not going to want to share their members. Some will.

6 – Rank and admin issue – I’ve recently run into an issue as a guild leader… As the guild founder, I gave guild leader permissions to a co-founder. Well now he’s no where to be found (yes, I blame myself for not keeping the exclusive right to the guild admin). So because he shares the top ranking position in the guild with me, I can’t kick him out or reduce him in rank. So until this type of issue gets fixed, I’ll have a permanent guild leader that doesn’t even log on. That’s not good for guild business.

Guild Leaders – Please support my thread a bit and give me some feedback on this post with your issues as well. I know I’m not alone here.

Respectfully,

Roach
Blood, Bath, N’ Beyond [BBNB]
on Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roach.2580

Roach.2580

I’m also concerned about how threads like this will get much attention, since guild admins are such a minority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fate.5961

Fate.5961

I agree with all of these! Only thing that at least I need in my guild is the ability to have more than 10 ranks (perhaps if more custom ranks can be upgraded with every guild expansion upgrade?).

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]
http://loveandwar.shivtr.com

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

server rentals are coming. rent a server with gems, set a password, tell the password on message of the day.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

server rentals are coming. rent a server with gems, set a password, tell the password on message of the day.

Thanks for the input !! Glad to hear this is coming!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

agree 1000%

So many options missing for guilds, makes is really challenging to lead a guild with no tools.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: BobbyK.9730

BobbyK.9730

I am the guild leader of DEA on Yak’s Bend. We have over 200 active members and I believe the following need to be updated with top priority on the guild tab:

-Last time members logged in
-More room to type stuff into message of the day

I also don’t like people being able to be in multiple guilds for a number of reasons that I don’t care to discuss or bring up.

Guild Halls would be awesome, but I have confidence these will eventually be implemented down the road.

The rest of the posters suggestions are above and beyond what I need to run my guild, but the two I mentioned are huge.

I can barely type our guild website and our voice chat info and I’m out of room, and it sucks not knowing when the last time our members have logged in.

If someone doesn’t log in in a months time, they are removed from the guild.

I currently have to take several screenshots of sections of our guild roster and go by the date on the screenshot they went Unknown on their location status and it’s a real pain in the butt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darcy.6923

Darcy.6923

I agree that we need a “last logged in” note, for the same reason as everyone has already stated.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Guild Tax “guild tax” option to collect a small percentage of the gold acquired by members, perhaps an option in “economy” or “politics”. This tax would be supplied to the guild bank which would fuel another option “Guild armor repairs”.

Guild Repair Contract an option in “economy” for the guild to pay X amount (determined by Guild leader , customizable per rank ) for guild repairs.

Guild Bank Change allow for guild leaders to customize the Stacks withdrawn per rank for the guild bank option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malifect.2310

Malifect.2310

does arena even take the time to post in here? would they acknowledge this post?
that would be awesome

in Suggestions

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

I agree on pretty much everything !

With 350+ members in my guild, it’s impossible to keep track of anything. The only slightly useful info about people’s activity is the “success points” display.

I would also add something that seems critical to me :

- Confirmation when promoting members to key roles (esp. Leader)

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

does arena even take the time to post in here? would they acknowledge this post?
that would be awesome

they read, but they don’t post, to keep people from expecting things they shouldn’t, among other things. but they read. a bunch of suggested stuff made it into the halloween update (like more minidungeons)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ike.7210

Ike.7210

Consider it all supported

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

Barring the multi-guilds suggestion, I like most everything else. Some of these are threadbare basics that were in GW1 and I cannot begin to comprehend their lack of being in 2 quite frankly.

I would also like to see some fostering of recognition, in guilds, though. We have a robust achievement system that is pretty much shoved in the basement. No one knows when you gain an achievement. No one in your guild knows you hit 80 until you tell them yourself, etc. A little effort to encourage friendly banter would be nice. Not hiding the achievement system under the floormat with the dustbunnies would make a bit more sense, as well. What good are achievements if you can’t boast about them and congratulate others on theirs?

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

@shailyea .. Check my second suggested fix for multi guilds you might like that one more

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

The Guild system in guild wars 2 seems very thrown together to me and is lacking some MAJOR features even from the first gw that didn’t make it into the second.

-Mutli-Guild Problems- I personally do NOT like the mutli guild ability in Guild Wars 2. Problems I am seeing from multi guilding, Members represent other guilds because some guilds arent as active, Yet they are not feeding into the activity of the guild that they are complaining about. Representing guilds which have the a reward they did not contribute influence too. Possible FIX: Make Guilds Character Based, Remove mutli guilding ability, Find someway that you can effectively be in both guilds at the same time while contributing to both guilds an in both guild chats. Alliances?

-Ranking System needs tweaking- In the current state the ranking system is very restricted. You cannot allow members to invite players without kicking them also. FIX: Split “Admin Lower Ranks” Into “Promote/Demote” and “Invite Members”.

-Organization within Roster I would like to see an organization option to have Ranks of ONLINE players be an option. If I sort the guild by Rank in the current set up it shows offline members. I would also like to see a break between the Ranks, A small line would even due just some organization.

-Officer Chat- Communication between officers/leader without having to make a ton of whispers or a party to talk

-MotD- “Edit” erases everything, it needs to do exactly what it says, Edit the message. Also Guild setting turning on/off if the message displays when a Character logs on/off

-Guild Description Currently the only place to put Guild Rules/Vent info in guild is in the MotD. Guilds need an area to put a description of what there about, and also include vent info, rules, other info that doesn’t take up a spot where guild events / achievements should be being announced.

-Notes- Both Officer and Public, Because Guilds are account based it is easy to lose characters in their alts. This would help Guild Leaders identify “Mains” for PvP teams, and PvE teams. Also this needs to be done to form a communication between officers if a member is being rude while one Officer is on they can leave a note so if it comes up again another officer can follow through. Also with positive influence, if an officer sees some leadership qualities they can write that in so the Guild Leader can keep an eye on them.

-(Name) Logged On/Off - Name says it all. Have a Guild setting to post when a Player has logged on or off of Guild wars.

-Last seen on- I have members in my Guild that I have no idea if they have even logged on since the launch of the game.

-Influence Tracker- I would like to see some sort of Account based influence tracking, While I can see this causing problems because Guilds could create Influence Quotas. I would like to see that so I can identify members who are pumping out influence and reward them.

-Emblem- I would like to see more “Showing Off” of emblems, Time being they are very small icons here and there. A couple options are Icons by names, Banners on weapons and armor ( not capes ) but literally a banner you wear on your back(much like the blade master in warcraft3).

-sPvP Bonuses- No I do not want to have a + 40Vitality (ect) buff for sPvP and tPvP. I would like to see more options to support Guilds within tPvP tho. “+ X% sPvP influence increase”, “sPvP Guild Finishing Move”, “sPvP armor banner”, “+Magic Find sPvP” (for chest rewards).

-Guild Halls- This was in the first Guild Wars and I would like to see it again. “Guild Hall” – Requires Max level in at least 1 Rewards Tree (Politics,AoW,Economy,Arch.) You also need to use influence to Purchase upgrades for your hall, Thus if a Guild has a hall using the Art of War tree they cannot get the same upgrades a guild using the Economy Tree has. Each tree will have its own unlocks for the Guild. Also a place to run PvP Skirmishes/Tournaments.

-Mailing Feature- Mailing Feature which would allow you to compose a message to either the entire Guild or Officers. This could be used to expand communication within the Guild as not all members are online at the exact same time. Could be used to Set times for Guild Events, Meetings, On what days Guild bonuses will be activated.

-Guild Calender- Allows for organization of events / buffs for guild. Exactly what normal calendars do :P

Please provide Feedback.

I say “Ditto!”
And I will add to this in my next comment…

The gaming Madre

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

Guild Advertising in the Forums Improvements
Here’s how I would set up the ‘Guild’ Forum:
American English Speaking Servers Guild Recruitment
• Devona’s Rest
Topics created by guild leaders to advertise their guilds on each server forum.
People creating topics searching for guilds on each server forum.
• Gate of Madness
• Ferguson’s Crossing
• Ehmry Bay
• Northern Shiverpeaks
• Maguuma
• Darkhaven
• Sorrow’s Furnace
• Fort Aspenwood
• Anvil Rock
• Borlis Pass
• Henge of Denravi
• Yaks Bend
• Eredon Terrace
• Kaineng
• Isle of Janthir
• Crystal Desert
• Dragonbrand
• Sanctum of Rall
• Jade Quarry – make mention server is [Full]
• Sea of Sorrows [Full]
• Stormbluff Isle [Full]
• Blackgate [Full]
• Tarnished Coast [Full]
European International Language Speaking Servers Guild Recruitment
German Language speaking servers
• Dzagonur
• Millers Sound
• Kodash
• Elona Reach
• Abaddon’s Mouth
• Drakkar Lake
• Riverside
French Language speaking servers
• Jade Sea
• Augury Rock
• Fort Ranik
• Vizunah Square
• Arborstone
International/English Speaking Servers
• Fissure of Woe
• Ruins of Surmia
• Piken Square
• Vabbi
• Seafarer’s Rest
• Ring of Fire
• Blacktide
• Far Shiverpeaks
• Aurora Glade
• Gunnar’s Hold
• Gandara
• Whiteside Ridge
• Underworld
• Desolation [FULL]
Spanish speaking Server
• Baruch Bay

The gaming Madre

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

That would make it a lot easier search , also adding tags to the forum in general would also improve guild forum and all others .. Especially guild searches you could search " vent ", “mumble”, WvW, Pve … The list goes on !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I agree with many of your points but have serious problems with a couple of them:

Multi-guilding is fine as is — limiting guild membership to characters instead of accounts would take away freedom of play. “What, I can’t play my Mesmer tonight because it’s in the social guild instead of the WvW guild? Now what? Dang… Should I just leave my social guild and put all of my characters into the WvW guild so I can play who I want? Or maybe I should just quit WvW’ing so I can take my Warrior into the dungeon tommorow.” No. Just… No.

Last Logged: What, so you can kick the people that haven’t been on for awhile? If what you have is a social guild then enjoy seeing people when they come in. If what you have is a guild in which people fill specific roles, and if they aren’t around it is harmful to the guild, then you already know who isn’t showing up because of the roles not being fulfilled. This is a needling point of control that guild leaders don’t need to have and members don’t need to see.

I have a guild hall. Why don’t you? The devs shouldn’t have to provide everything. Pick a spot in any major city that has a merchant and a waypoint nearby and make it your guildhall. There’s an island in Lions Arch a little South of the Eastern Ward that would make a great guildhall. You should give it a look — it has a waypoint, bar, nice scenery, the bartender is a merch… it’s a nice place. There are LOTS of nice places in this game. There’s a bar in the Grove where the NPCs talk about the advantages of having allies, there’s an open house in Divinity’s Reach. Pick one — make it your own.

The most important point that I see and agree with is that there needs to be a separation between inviting new members and kicking members. I’d really like to make it so that most ranks can invite and only the leader can kick.

Guild mail would be nice, the Message of the Day displaying into chat would be great, an in-game calendar would be very nice, the Finish Them stake having a guild banner on it would be awesome.

The very biggest Quality of Life add-on for me is alliance chat. I loved my alliance in GW1 and I want it back!

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

I love this. All these points are 100% NEEDED for the guild system. I don’t mind the multi-guilds but I would much rather the Alliance system from Guild Wars 1 system to be brought forward than this. I really hope Arenanet addresses this because with the name being “Guild Wars” the guild system feels more just like a organized chat room.

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Updated multi guild section to include my most recent suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Perfect Biohazard. That is exactly what I mean. I miss the alliance chat system and being able to combine with multiple guilds. That is a much better idea than multiple characters being in different guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Murakami.5243

Murakami.5243

Being able to participate in chat across all the guilds you are in would be awesome, as I find that I’m missing out on the conversation in one guild if I rep another.

Golden Company X I I I [GC]
Developer of GW2 WvW for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gw2-wvw/id653987126?mt=8

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fate.5961

Fate.5961

I’d also like guild members to have different colors and be viewable in the WvW borderlands.

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]
http://loveandwar.shivtr.com

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Edited 2nd post, 1st post topped out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

agree on alot of things there.
For the multi-guild stuff, it would be nice to be able to chat with other guilds, but the influence gained should only go to the main guild (representing).

Guild Tax sounds nice, but should be allowed to be adjusted from the leader or an appointed treasure-keeper.

beside the rank-system adjustments, i’d like to have some “individual” flags aswell.
allow me to flag one person for something without creating a completely new rank for him.

other than that, last seen and logged on/off message in chat are must-haves.

a general information page for guildwebsite (clickable!!!) and voice-chat would be nice to have aswell.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ceder Of Tyria.5079

Ceder Of Tyria.5079

I so agree with most of the things written here. The guild system really needs a make over.

These are our main vishes;
Bigger guilds
Alliances cross servers also
A way to see last log on time
A way to see how much a member have represented “this” guild, maybe compared to their online time?
More room in the guild announcement and a possibility for click able links.
Guild announcement goes into chat when people represent and when they log on.
Log on/off/represent/stand down/member invited/member left in guild chat (make it a member choice if they want to see it)
Much longer log

Guild store;
Possibility to put some information text

Legacy Of [MARA] & Scions Of [MARA] ~Gunnar’ Hold Descendants Of [MARA] ~Yak’s Bend
www.gwmara.com

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Added Promotion Problems.