Information system

Information system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

okey as a player comming back and even worse for newer players, the information system is just utterly horrible in gw2.

a simple question as “hmm wonder how i get the best gear in the game” is not simple in gw2, its hours of researching through 3rd party websites trying to figure out what is the best gear, then figure out how to get it, then how to get those items, then how to forge it.

its a freaking nightmare to do this and all for a extremely simple question which should ankittenhe most simple answer in EVERY other game ever made.

answer is normally.
“craft it AKA: lvl your craft and get the recipies”
or
“do dungeon x and get it as drop”.
and this info is normally very easy to get… while in gw2 it is crazily hard to arquire within a reasonable timeframe…

comming back and checking up thinking.
hmm there most be new gear: yup there is, ok it seems like i need some fragments for some of it, its from an instance i got told when asked. ok and some of it is crafted from mystic forge, seems to be no recipies or info on how to arquire these if these exist. hmm some of the items needed, where do i get everything, okey some are crafted out of other items in the forge which there is no info on where to get, then others are just named no info on where to get either.

the fact i even have to sit and research on a site outside of the game for extensive periods of time to find something this basic out is the worst information setup you could ever have in a game.

if you want something as kitten as the mystic forge to be the last crafting type station then at least have the decency to have REAL and good info on what exactly can be crafted, what is needed and where to get it and have this info easily accessable INGAME!

so the suggestion:
get some decent people to sort this kitten out and get that information into the actual game so its easy to access and get hold of.

in addistion information on basic stuff like “unused infusion defensive slot” what is this ? how is it different from unused upgrade slot?!
unused armor upgrade slot o.O
there is NO information on this in the game, its pure trial and error, and you need to search quite a bit to get a basic understand of what exactly this is and how it will althor your stats considering what you can use in them….

as soon as some one have to leave the game to check out wierd websites to figure out basic things which is importent in the game the developer have failed, and failed HARD…
so again this should be fixed.

(edited by Erebus.7568)

Information system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

okey as a player comming back and even worse for newer players, the information system is just utterly horrible in gw2.

a simple question as “hmm wonder how i get the best gear in the game” is not simple in gw2, its hours of researching through 3rd party websites trying to figure out what is the best gear, then figure out how to get it, then how to get those items, then how to forge it.

its a freaking nightmare to do this and all for a extremely simple question which should ankittenhe most simple answer in EVERY other game ever made.

answer is normally.
“craft it AKA: lvl your craft and get the recipies”
or
“do dungeon x and get it as drop”.
and this info is normally very easy to get… while in gw2 it is crazily hard to arquire within a reasonable timeframe…

comming back and checking up thinking.
hmm there most be new gear: yup there is, ok it seems like i need some fragments for some of it, its from an instance i got told when asked. ok and some of it is crafted from mystic forge, seems to be no recipies or info on how to arquire these if these exist. hmm some of the items needed, where do i get everything, okey some are crafted out of other items in the forge which there is no info on where to get, then others are just named no info on where to get either.

the fact i even have to sit and research on a site outside of the game for extensive periods of time to find something this basic out is the worst information setup you could ever have in a game.

if you want something as kitten as the mystic forge to be the last crafting type station then at least have the decency to have REAL and good info on what exactly can be crafted, what is needed and where to get it and have this info easily accessable INGAME!

so the suggestion:
get some decent people to sort this kitten out and get that information into the actual game so its easy to access and get hold of.

in addistion information on basic stuff like “unused infusion defensive slot” what is this ? how is it different from unused upgrade slot?!
unused armor upgrade slot o.O
there is NO information on this in the game, its pure trial and error, and you need to search quite a bit to get a basic understand of what exactly this is and how it will althor your stats considering what you can use in them….

as soon as some one have to leave the game to check out wierd websites to figure out basic things which is importent in the game the developer have failed, and failed HARD…
so again this should be fixed.

I don’t agree with a single argument you have. Everything in gw2 has been pretty straightforward. A little bit of your time to research things is not going to hurt you, and if it is taking you 3 hours, well that’s not Anet’s fault.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Information system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Honestly ? everything is So easy to find and do in gw2 you barely have to use a brain at all…Compared to some other mmo’s i played where you Had to constantly google stuff…gw2 is insanely easy to understand.

Information system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I play a lot of RPGs and a lot of MMOs, and I agree with the OP: there are certain mechanics that are not intuitive at all and not explained anywhere in the actual game. The mystic forge, for example, was, well, mystifying, to me as a new player. Every other day we get posts on the forums asking how to transfer items to alts because there’s nothing at all that explains that the bank is account-wide.

When I Google in other games, it’s usually to find out the answers to stuff like “Is the math on my spreadsheet right?” or “Which endgame build is better?” GW2 is the first game in a long, long time where I’ve had to Google “How does this basic game mechanic work?” I got by, but I still think it needs to be improved for the sake of retaining new players.

They already have a hint system in place. They could just add to that.

Information system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gutek.1534

Gutek.1534

In the chat bar you can type:

/wiki “insert gw2 subject here” (without quotes)
it opens the wiki page on what your looking for

You betwitched me, you evil magpie! -Chhk the Windmill King

Information system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

In the chat bar you can type:

/wiki “insert gw2 subject here” (without quotes)
it opens the wiki page on what your looking for

Yes. But the thing is, that information is so well-hidden that by the time most people find out about it, it’s no longer useful to them except as a faster alternative to manually navigating to the wiki they already have bookmarked.

(edited by Urthona.3198)