Healing-Based Class

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

-Guardians offer a wide variety of healing.
-Healing shout warrior or Banner warrior.
-Water attunement elementalists
-Ranger with healing spring is one of the best team healing skill.
-Necromancer with Well of Blood.
-Engineer with healing turret or bandage kit.
-You can stealth allies and they will get regen under stealth as thief if traited.
-There are Mesmer traits that allows you to shatter clones to heal allies.

Every single profession can be a healing based profession if you create your build correctly. If you play correctly, you can save your teammates from death using those healing skills.

Agreed. So what would be the harm in adding one more class to the game that can do everything else everyone else can do but a little differently?

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

Aside from the horrific task of attempting to balance a new class into the existing game…..

You can already build a healer out of the existing classes if you so desire. But you’re looking at the game the wrong way. It’s not meant to have a trinity and its certainly not meant for the classic mind numbing life bar whack a mole that “healers” get shoehorned into in other games. That’s not how the game works.

You need to think of being a healer in this game as akin to being a Defender in City of Heroes. Your job is to mitigate damage through the use of several tools of which healing is only one. You must be both proactive and reactive about it.

You must turn aside the blade from an ally then heal the cut. Not stand idley by why they get impaled then waddle over and go “Oh, dude, I can totally take care of that.”

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Ive played a couple of healers in other MMos in my life, Wow, Champions Online, Guildwars

And I have to say yeah, all healers do is pay attention to red bars before anything else.

And they cause major problems in PVP. why?
Because most of the time, most DPS classes cant out damage the healing done by healers.

Take wow for a example, pre BC it’s always confuzzled me, as to why as a Warlock, I have weaker shadow spells than a shadow priest.

I am a person who dedicated my life to learning dark arts whereas a priest is something that cant decide if they wanna kill or heal and they have more damage than me as a shadow priest.

In Guildwars, the moment you join random arena and your team has a healer, chances of winning go up, infact Guildwars was called HEALwars by many of the pvpers, because most it all boiled down to your healer being able to keep his blue bar up when keeping red bars up.

In Champions Online, the telepath is one of the more powerful classes able to go toe to toe with the paid archetypes along with the behemoth (the tank)

Is healing over powered and simplified?
Id have to say, Yes.
Does it have room in Guildwars2 a game that was first for PVP and then PVE? No.

If you want to play support, thats cool by all means, but DONT forsake your DPS, survival is up to an individual and you help each other by doing your part.

Best way to negate damage is not to take damage and eliminate the source of damage, acht.

Not to have someone heal your red bar, you can do it on your own.

If the concept of “Don’t stand in the fire” baffles your mind, then I suggest improving your gameplay till you realize what that means.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

-You can stealth allies and they will get regen under stealth as thief if traited.

Every single profession can be a healing based profession if you create your build correctly. If you play correctly, you can save your teammates from death using those healing skills.

Agreed. So what would be the harm in adding one more class to the game that can do everything else everyone else can do but a little differently?

Because what you’re asking for is a dedicated healer class that does nothing else but watches red bar beyond anything else and depends on his team to keep everything off him.

Do you know why the Cleric aka “healer” in Dungeons and Dragons wears mail armour? because hes designed first and foremost to kill in the frontline. Thats what the guardian does.

Dedicated healers are not the goal of Anet and its game mechanics.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Because what you’re asking for is a dedicated healer class that does nothing else but watches red bar beyond anything else and depends on his team to keep everything off him.

Do you know why the Cleric aka “healer” in Dungeons and Dragons wears mail armour? because hes designed first and foremost to kill in the frontline. Thats what the guardian does.

Clerics in dnd wear plate btw last time I played. And I asked nothing of the sort for any dedicated healing class. You could add a monk to the game that kills with magic or mace or whatever and it can still have good healing potential just like any other class. Though because it is a monk it`s benefit from +healing would be alittle better then everyone else. That in no way makes him a dedicated healer or brings the trinity back anymore then a guardian does. The monk would just go about it a little differently.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Clerics in dnd wear plate btw last time I played. And I asked nothing of the sort for any dedicated healing class. You could add a monk to the game that kills with magic or mace or whatever and it can still have good healing potential just like any other class. Though because it is a monk it`s benefit from +healing would be alittle better then everyone else. That in no way makes him a dedicated healer or brings the trinity back anymore then a guardian does. The monk would just go about it a little differently.

A little differently as in be more focused on healing stuff?

Yeah no, the guardian does that just fine and often when guardians do that and sacrifice all their dps, teams start dying in dungeons.

As I said before, this game is not about one person carrying the entire team, its about the entire teams ability to work together in negating damage and eliminating damage source.

Do you really think someone like a monk is any good in Gigantus Lupicus’(mid boss of arah) second phase where he shoots AOE all around that almost kills people?

A proper team in this match up would be so spread out that you cant target another player in your range, having someone like you suggest means being close to each other, you know what happens when you cluster for his second phase?

WIPE

His second phase depends on your ability to dodge his red circles and DPS to bring his HP down, not on some guy who wants to fix your wounds and 5 people focused on this aspect > 4 people and one guy too far to heal anyone else.

The way of the monk and assassins are over.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Yeah no, the guardian does that just fine and often when guardians do that and sacrifice all their dps, teams start dying in dungeons.

As I said before, this game is not about one person carrying the entire team, its about the entire teams ability to work together in negating damage and eliminating damage source.

Do you really think someone like a monk is any good in Gigantus Lupicus’(mid boss of arah) second phase where he shoots AOE all around that almost kills people?

A proper team in this match up would be so spread out that you cant target another player in your range, having someone like you suggest means being close to each other, you know what happens when you cluster for his second phase?

WIPE

His second phase depends on your ability to dodge his red circles and DPS to bring his HP down, not on some guy who wants to fix your wounds and 5 people focused on this aspect > 4 people and one guy too far to heal anyone else.

For some odd reason you keep thinking I want the monk to be a full time healing class in the game. You probably read all the posts I made in this topic and completely misunderstood every single one of them because you read only what you wanted to see. So I will explain this one last time so you can understand. Even then you probably won`t.

A monk could be added to the game for people who like that type of character. the monk will be able to survive and deal damage like everyone else. He will have heals like everyone else but he will have slightly higher healing power bonus because of the fact he is a monk. That don`t make him the dedicated healer of the game. It makes him another class for people to play that supports allies in different ways then the current classes do. What`s wrong with that? Why is everyone so against variety? Because technically, we allready have every class we could possibly need for the game. Does that mean we don`t need or want something later on down the road to change things up and try different things?

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

WIPE

For some odd reason you keep thinking I want the monk to be a full time healing class in the game. You probably read all the posts I made in this topic and completely misunderstood every single one of them because you read only what you wanted to see. So I will explain this one last time so you can understand. Even then you probably won`t.

A monk could be added to the game for people who like that type of character. the monk will be able to survive and deal damage like everyone else. He will have heals like everyone else but he will have slightly higher healing power bonus because of the fact he is a monk. That don`t make him the dedicated healer of the game. It makes him another class for people to play that supports allies in different ways then the current classes do. What`s wrong with that? Why is everyone so against variety? Because technically, we allready have every class we could possibly need for the game. Does that mean we don`t need or want something later on down the road to change things up and try different things?

So whats the difference between a monk and a guardian then since both have traits to +healing power.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I`m pretty sure all the classes have the ability to trait in healing power so that really doesn`t matter. His base bonus from healing power would be a certain % above the the class that currently has the highest base bonus. He would also be wearing cloth armor and not using swords or shields. Hand to hand weapons and kicks would probably be his main use of melee while he used a staff or focused energy for ranged attacks. He would have the ability to heal, he would have the ability to to give a beatdown, and he would have supportive type abilites like everyone else has but more in line with a monks style.

That don`t make him needed for any content as we can do pretty much anything without him this far. It would just be another class added that does things a little different with a playstyle unique to his own like the other classes have. Nothing he would have would turn the game into a trinity system or require groups to absolutely need one to complete a dungoen.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jay.9407

Jay.9407

NO we dont need a healer just give us a third or Forth DODGE!

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Why are you complaining about new system? If you want healer, if you don’t like a new system, than maybe this game isn’t for you?

Seize the day.

(edited by Kreslin.6832)

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

Well, more variety and playstles for starters. I like playing a guardian as a knight in shing armor type. I `m sure there are people who like the holy monk type. With your way of thinking we allready have every class we will ever need so why bother adding more in the future. We won`t need assasins, ritualists, paragons, dervishes, or any other class that could make the game more fun to play. You are probably right though. keep it as it is for the duration of game. I can`t imagine why anyone would want to play anything different then what we allready have.

You’re the one who said, “It would really be no different then any other class except his heals would be a little better then everyone elses and he would probably benefit the most from healing power.”

Really no different. Those were your words. So I said, if it’s really no different from any other class (and I’m not even really sure what that means, since every other class is different from each other), then what is the point of it?

What else exactly does this class do that is interesting? You can’t just tack a heal onto a bunch of vanilla attacks and have an interesting class. And you don’t want it to tread too much onto the guardian’s playstyle territory.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

(edited by Signet of Forums.4397)

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Well, more variety and playstles for starters. I like playing a guardian as a knight in shing armor type. I `m sure there are people who like the holy monk type. With your way of thinking we allready have every class we will ever need so why bother adding more in the future. We won`t need assasins, ritualists, paragons, dervishes, or any other class that could make the game more fun to play. You are probably right though. keep it as it is for the duration of game. I can`t imagine why anyone would want to play anything different then what we allready have.

You’re the one who said, “It would really be no different then any other class except his heals would be a little better then everyone elses and he would probably benefit the most from healing power.”

Really no different. Those were your words.

Yeah it would really be no different in forms of general gameplay because he will have to be able to kill, heal , and support. Just like all the current classes. He will just go about in a monks way. A different playstyle. If you think a slight healing power bonus like 2% or so is gonna break the game then i don`t know what to tell you. You have any idea how much healing power you need to stack for it to be worth sacrificing another stat for? I really don`t think you do.

I allready listed some things it could possibly do. Anet can use any ideas I posted or they could come up with completely different ones. But I imagine the class being able to heal and support when needed and still be able to lay the beatdown while doing it. Just because one class is able to do one thing don`t mean that`s the only class that is allowed to ever do that.

(edited by Banewrath.5107)

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

Yeah it would really be no different in forms of general gameplay because he will have to be able to kill, heal , and support. Just like all the current classes. He will just go about in a monks way. A different playstyle. If you think a slight healing power bonus like 2% or so is gonna break the game then i don`t know what to tell you. You have any idea how much healing power you need to stack for it to be worth sacrificing another stat for? I really don`t think you do.

So your defining characteristic of a class is a 2% bonus to healing power?

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

So your defining characteristic of a class is a 2% bonus to healing power?

His differences would be his skills, equipment, and how he would kill, heal, and support. The monk wont be swinging greatswords or hammers. He won`t be using a shield and a sword. He wont be wearing heavy plate. Light armor, caster weapons or pure hand to hand weapons would be his setup . He would have a 2% bonus or however much to healing power just because it would be called a monk.

(edited by Banewrath.5107)

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: melyndru.1270

melyndru.1270

I’ve found that as long as the team talks about how buffs and heals are balanced and trade off (not doing everything at once, but timing it properly), a dedicated healer is not needed. If you are using a bit of team support skills, and if your whole team is rather that only paying attention to themselves…

I’m glad there are no healers the “LF healer.. and no other profession” Is tired. Learn to work better with other professions and talk in your group. If you are having problems with survivability, restructure the skills on your team. It’s not that complicated.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

Why? So you have a healer in your group —> things take 15% longer to die and people will die anyway because the monsters spike you down in a second or two anyway.

Mm. I like turtles.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

It would be useless to add a healer class unless they added the rest of the trinity too (tanks) because people die in 1 or 2 hits so….

But I would like a healer.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Full healers and main healing were a poorly designed system of the past just like threat-tanking.

Evolution, man.

Healing-Based Class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

It’d be nice though if the +healing stat actually gave you bang for your buck. As an engineer, when I read forums saying things like….

About combo healing (tested in the mists, every value at least 2 times):
350 healing power – 1390
1223 healing power – 1565

Almost +900 to healing for 200 heal off a combo-healing that’s not easy to pull off? +900 to just about any other stat is infinitely more useful than that.