I need someone to hate!

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: QueenHysteria.1084

QueenHysteria.1084

This game for a “war” never seems to feel like one with no opposing sides. No Kurzick, No Luxon, no one with different views or agenda’s just everyone living in harmony is dreadfully boring. It’s actually one of the biggest things I dislike about the game is that there is no one to hate or fight against. When you had Kurzicks and Luxons you had your zones and areas, armor, rewards etc. etc. You had a side you choose and it was an aspect of fun added to the game. In GW2 it just all seems to be Server related stuff that you could careless about if you’re not doing WvsW. It just be fun to have an actual opposing side or even opposing races in this game. When Warcraft had Alliance and the Horde it made the game so much fun to have enemy classes and races. It only added to the lore of feel of the game. The Kurzick and Luxon stuff wasn’t so deep but it was still something that made the game interesting outside of just doing quest and farming to kill time.

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trimon.1028

Trimon.1028

I think the game will introduce two sides soon: Pro-Scarlet and Anti-Scarlet. After Scarlet announces her controversial plans to take over the Elder Dragons.

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Are we playing the same game? Lets see: Humans – Bandits and Centuars. Charr – Flame Legion and Ghosts of Ascalon. Norn – Svanir and Dredge. Asura – Inquest. Sylvar – Nightmare Court. Everyone in Shiverpeaks – Jormag. Everyone in Ascalon – Kralkatorrik. The Pact – Zaitan. Everyone everywhere – Scarlet. Are you seriously lacking for enemies?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think QueenHysteria is looking for another player faction to conflict with, going off of her examples of Luxons/Kurzicks and Alliance/Horde. There’s definitely no shortage of playever-versus-NPC factions, but it’s not quite the same.

There can be server rivalries for WvW, but I think she’s looking for something with more flavor-basis.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trimon.1028

Trimon.1028

Don’t forget the trolls

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Hate on Charr Join People for the Unethical Treatment of Charr oh and the Charr Eradication Front too . The less Charr there are in the world the better

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

I think QueenHysteria is looking for another player faction to conflict with, going off of her examples of Luxons/Kurzicks and Alliance/Horde. There’s definitely no shortage of playever-versus-NPC factions, but it’s not quite the same.

There can be server rivalries for WvW, but I think she’s looking for something with more flavor-basis.

Make Centaurs playable.

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I like it this way, I don’t want this Horde vs Alliance nonsense in Guild Wars.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Cant you describe what you do not like about it?
I am personaly not a WoW fan, or something that is near that. But their idea, that you will have something to hate on, to creat a bonding with others, is pretty great, both in lore and in the fun of the game.
I mean, the guild vs guild itself, would make guilds wanting to become the top and actually creating “conflict” against eachother, which one is best, who will we face, and are they stronger than us, who is the main guild we dont want to fight, who is with us and against us etc. It would make it more interesting in EVERY part of the game.
Thoug, gotta admit that there are a few people out there, who do not want a system like this.
But it does not matter, A-net already noticed us, that they will not make any of this possible, since they dont want the feeling that I can see your name, and know that it is you whom I am after, to kill.

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Cant you describe what you do not like about it?
I am personaly not a WoW fan, or something that is near that. But their idea, that you will have something to hate on, to creat a bonding with others, is pretty great, both in lore and in the fun of the game.
I mean, the guild vs guild itself, would make guilds wanting to become the top and actually creating “conflict” against eachother, which one is best, who will we face, and are they stronger than us, who is the main guild we dont want to fight, who is with us and against us etc. It would make it more interesting in EVERY part of the game.
Thoug, gotta admit that there are a few people out there, who do not want a system like this.
But it does not matter, A-net already noticed us, that they will not make any of this possible, since they dont want the feeling that I can see your name, and know that it is you whom I am after, to kill.

It devides the community, no matter what side you pick you always automatically make enemies and people will hate and insult you at every chance they get (Yes people really go that far, happened in wow as wel). Another reason I don’t like this is because it will likely come with open world pvp (Which I hate with a burning passion, but that’s another subject).

I really like the way it is now, everyone working together and helping eachother instead of constantly competing over every single thing (In PvE of course). And for those that do like to compete with players, there’s always sPvP and WvW.

I’ve always been the type of guy who likes playing with, not against, people. In a way, I see Gw2 as a singleplayer game running in Co-op mode.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Was talking with a friend about that, and he really want that fraction thing too, since it would make things more compedetiv. Im not sure if thats the key to make the game better since in wow i was more into pve and the Lich King becme my biggest enemy and the horde was just annoying.

But Still if wanna really do that.

The World now is just to small for that, there is simple no space for another fraction atm and endgame zones like Orr it would be crazy to fight eachother there since all the mobs would interrupt any fight.

So someone to hate would be nice but better a NPC then a real player.
Create a Dunguon which is really hard to beat with a Boss inside who give a satisfiying feeling and some title which makes u proud to wear.

Tequatl goes the right direction but we need something even more hard.

I hope Scarlett could be that enemy, since it seems they building up to tha big showdown

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

Gimme Kurz*icks to hate!
I used to be a Luxon, slaughtered many Kurz*icks!
Fort Aspenwood was awesome, too bad that PvP in Guild Wars 1 is dead by now…

I need someone to hate!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Forgetting that in the storyline Kurzicks and Luxons got allied in the end. Ofc. without affecting the PvP.
Personally I don’t want to see alliance vs horde like fractions. I don’t need to hate anyone, and I want to play with any friend that I can get to play the game, without limiting them in their choices, because of what I originally chose.

Luxon/Kurzick like fractions, well it worked in GW1 and it was primarily based on the PvP aspect only. That I could live with.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.