I will buy a new expansion if...

in Suggestions

Posted by: kntz.1420

kntz.1420

GW2 is still the best MMO in terms of art direction and action combat, beats all the others.

But – pay attention – to face WildStar and Everquest Next, GW2 needs desperately of:

- Factions
- Open PvP everywhere and duels (with option flag: pvp on ou off.
- Police, trial and prisons
- Better and valuable loot everywhere
- More Pve maps (open PvP)
- Housing in WxWxW
- More traditional quest and better rewarding
- Portuguese translation

By the way, from another forum:

“Hello!
Games are a psychological experience. And the way they feel is of paramount importance.

That being said, let me use examples from original ____ to show what constitutes ____ feel:

Real danger was often imminent, and you really didn’t want to die. This kept players in a state of high awareness and thus complete immersion.
Players relied on each other for both complex and mundane tasks. (res, TP, buffs, CR, etc)

Trade skills required devotion to max out, causing those players to become highly valued.

Players could engage in complex tasks and build a reputation in the community.

This led to appreciation, attention, and new relationships.

Quests could be long, hard, and elusive… but very rewarding. (epic weapons)
Players valued what they earned, since it usually required considerable effort.

Traveling was not always trivial, and was often scary.

Players learned to share, since for a long time, instances did not exist. Instancing disconnects players from the living world, thus breaking the feeling of truly being part of it.

The game was a rich journey to be savored, instead of just an aggressive min-maxing hunt.

These were the things that made ____ so memorable. There was persistence of alertness, determination, length, care, accomplishment, proper rewards, and daily collaboration among strangers. This is what I believe ____ needs.

Modern games are too often designed to cater to the lowest common denominator. Spoon-fed quests. Mindless killing. Minimal thinking. Content fed through a fire hose. Instant gratification. Short-lived gear. Flashy character appearance. Horrific communities. User interfaces that automate everything.

I hope the development team reads these forums.

Thanks"

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

But – pay attention – to face WildStar and Everquest Next,

Why should the developers do that? Most people play GW2 because it isn’t a WoW clone and it should stay that way. WildStar brings absolutely nothing new to the table, and whilst EN does offer a few interesting features (like modding tools for building and quest-scripting), the original Everquest (which Blizzard cloned WoW from) does not feature any new mechanics that moves away from the typical macroing and tedious gear grind of those games.

GW2 is fine as it is. Want WildStar? Go and play WildStar then.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But – pay attention – to face WildStar and Everquest Next, GW2 needs desperately of:

- Factions
- Open PvP everywhere and duels (with option flag: pvp on ou off.
- Housing in WxWxW
- Portuguese translation

Factions, we already have those technically.
Nope
Nope
Nope
Yes (more maps) No(open PvP)
Nope
Nope
Nope

Just because you want something doesn’t mean it MUST get those stuff.
If you don’t like the game as it is and think that other games are better, you are free to play those games. You are not the only one playing this game after all, and doing changes specifically for you is never a good idea for a company.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archenos.6924

Archenos.6924

1. We already have the 3 orders that you can choose and there are somehow factions , like Luxons or Kurzicks in GW1.
I do not like the idea to be 2 separate groups of players cause it could cause unballance. (one faction could have more players in it than other faction)
2. Reminds me of WoW… did not like open PvP and PvE combined.
As i know , duel system is on developers list in future to add in game.
3. You can report someone for being bad
4. Better is not sometimes good.. too much stats for exampleor higher damage on weapons could cause unballance in combat system.. See WoW with many stats from items and how some classes from there do more damage than others.. For me it was ok GW1 cause it was stable on stats/damage system and GW2 at this moment untill ascended stats is good and legendary is more for skin just.
5. PvE maps come in time.. just be patient.. (Southsun Cove for example was available after a living story) Plus actual maps are modified depending on living story. Do not agree with open PvP .. If you want PvP , you can either go to the Heart of the Mists and choose a battleground , or go in WvWvW which is large scale battlegrounds
6.You have housings in each race’s capital city and primary house in your chosen race’s capital city
7. Do not like the “traditional quest” way… I like the quest with living events system from GW2
8. Sure.. since the game is in other languages available, i do not see a problem with this.

(edited by Archenos.6924)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

- Factions
- Open PvP everywhere and duels (with option flag: pvp on ou off)

Play sPvP or WvWvW.

Not needed.

Stop being a sloth.

Southsun Cove is a new map, for open PvP play WvWvW

- Housing in WxWxW

Already existent (Guild Claiming)

Stop being a sloth. Wander around for events or do all the hearts.

- Portuguese translation

Learn english.

(edited by Ettanin.8271)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Well I think you may not want to buy an expansion if they make one
Open PvP or PvP in the PvE world would be absolutely awful
Wont get more factions than already is, since we are all meant to be good and we fight the big baddies of the world.

The only thing I can be a little sympathetic about is the bit with the translations to Portuguese, but I think it is not large enough fraction of the playerbase, to be worth it for Anet. Not against more language settings in the game, just very unlikely to happen.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

All we really need is raids. All this epic grand scale battle is only happening in a PvP format (WvW), it would be icing on the cake if they did it for PvE as well. Anet still needs a way to hand out new skills so make the rewards in this raid new traits/skills.

No higher level gear then ascended needed, stats are fairly balanced as is.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Factions
We already have factions. (the orders of tyria, the high legions, the inquest, the list goes on)
Open PvP everywhere and duels (with option flag: pvp on ou off.
hahahahaha no
Police, trial and prisons
Could be nice for roleplay I guess, but I think it would be better to focus on more important things first.
Better and valuable loot everywhere
More like, better chances to get valuable loot everywhere, not a chance of 1/1000000 on a precursor.
More Pve maps (open PvP)
More PvE maps WITHOUT pvp, seriously. Open world pvp is evil. People will just harass, gank an bully other people. You can do that in WvW. Which infact will get another map in 2014.
Housing in WxWxW
Already exists, guild claiming.
More traditional quest and better rewarding
Couldn’t agree more
Portuguese translation
Learn english

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Right so GW2 needs “desperately” everything that you want. I’m pretty sure there isn’t a desperate need for a Portugese translation . . . and police trials and prisons? hmm . .

what GW2 DOES need is more unique loot that is obtained through rare drops so that not every single player looks the same as soon as they hit 80 . . . GW2 lacks that satisfaction of achieving gear which makes people go “kitten where did you get that?”. Its just a case of – hit 80, run dungeon, look the same as everyone.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast