Inspect

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

In game “Inspect”. To inspect others gear, stats, achievements.

Also, website armory – Which is a more in depth “inspect”.

This has probably been suggested before, but the game has been out a little over a year. I would think ArenaNet would have a least made a “beta” of it.

This is simply a/an MMORPG gimmick. But i or most Gw2 would like to see it.

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No.
And based on the responses of all the others posts that have suggested this most people do NOT want this in GW2.

It will simply make it easier for the elitists to be elitist. The game wouldn’t really gain anything from it.
If you want to know someones gear, ask for it and allow them to decide if they want to show it or not.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

If someone wanna run dungeons with a full zerker party then they should have the right to do it. That sounds more fair to me that someone using PVT joining speed clear parties.

I don’t get why someone would have a problem with it. It’s not like magically people not interested in speed runs and having full zerker parties would start kicking people for having some knight’s pieces or something.

Bläck Dähliä

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

No they shouldn’t. Inspect is a tool elitists use to antagonize other players who do not conform to their playstyle. It is the exact reason why I stopped raiding on WoW because players would look at my hunter’s specs and kick me for having the wrong armor on even though I could out DPS anyone on every boss.

If you want the party to be in all zerker, you put “zerk only, gear check manditory” on LFG.

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If you want to know my gear ask me its that simple .

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Dungeons are already unplayable/restricted as it is thanks to the rampant elitism that goes on (just look at the descriptions that people use for groups in the LFG tool). Why give these elitist clowns another tool to further fuel their egos?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I guess some people would preffer if party members couldn’t even see your level, AP points, or you skins to have an idea of your stats, or that you are even wearing exotics.

I really don’t get the point there. Only people who would actually kick you for not having the right gear (zerker gear, that’s it) are the ones who posted looking for speed runs, and if you joined one of those wearing green trinkets or rabbid gear, well that’s your problem, not theirs.

Bläck Dähliä

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is a matter of principle for some people.
If I don’t want people to look at my stats, people shouldn’t look at my stats.
If they really want to see what I have they can ask me and I can decide if I want to show them or not.
Simple as that.

There is already a problem with elitism in this game. And it will most likely increase tenfold should they implement a inspect option.
The reason many people don’t bother with it now is because it is an “annoying” process to check someones gear. But if it suddenly starts being as easy as a single click, way more people would probably do it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Dungeons are already unplayable/restricted as it is thanks to the rampant elitism that goes on (just look at the descriptions that people use for groups in the LFG tool). Why give these elitist clowns another tool to further fuel their egos?

^Pretty much sums it up. Hah!

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

It is a matter of principle for some people.
If I don’t want people to look at my stats, people shouldn’t look at my stats.
If they really want to see what I have they can ask me and I can decide if I want to show them or not.
Simple as that.

There is already a problem with elitism in this game. And it will most likely increase tenfold should they implement a inspect option.
The reason many people don’t bother with it now is because it is an “annoying” process to check someones gear. But if it suddenly starts being as easy as a single click, way more people would probably do it.

I have to agree with this. As of now I don’t ask to see anyone’s armor or anything and I’m fine with running dungeons with lower lvl players (granted they are at least the required). But if I could inspect ppl that easily I would and I have to say I would be tempted to kick lvl 80s in all greens, or a lvl 60 wearing lvl 50 gear…

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

If you want to know my gear ask me its that simple .

this.

The only person who needs to know my gear and achvs is me.

Inspect

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

No thanks. You want to see the skin? Ask for it. You want to see my gear? Ask for it. I play zerker for all my characters and I would never allow other people to scrutinize me or my mates’ gear.

Want to be an elitist? Go away, there are plenty of other games that will give you the pleasure of said thing. Warning though, most of those games are so unfriendly due to that attitude that the only thing it does is scare potentially new players and old players who have had enough.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ