in Suggestions

Posted by: Horny Elephants.8437

Horny Elephants.8437

Add Inspecting players/profiles so we can see their build and or items

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Nope. Please dont, it add’s elitism and makes people demand certain builds and if you dont have it you cant do game content with them. Which is the total opposite of what Anet are going for with this awesome game. Wanna know what armor they have on? Ask them.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

No, if you’re reading this anet please do not add this in.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Yeah lets aid build discrimination!

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

i dont want anyone looking at what build i have. i do not like the feeling of people copying me without me being able to do anything about it.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There is no reason anyone should need to inspect another players armour.. Let people play how they want to play – you don’t have a right to start telling people they shouldn’t do dungeons or whatever because their stat combo’s are wrong.

Also, don’t be surprised if you get suspended for your account name. I mean seriously that’s imbecilic.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Wanna know what armor they have on? Ask them.

Works in theory. BTW here’s my mh weapon [&AvvNqgAA]

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Yes, because there is only one right way of doing things and everyone should use ‘the right’ build.

/sarcasm

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Add Inspecting players/profiles so we can see their build and or items

I have no problem with people inspecting me to get the SKIN names of my items, so they can hunt for the pieces they like for themselves. Let them see “Gladiator’s Helm” or “Feathered Boots” – the name of the skin. But not “Berserker’s” or “Cleric’s” or anything that will give them a reason to pass judgement on my playing style.

As far as BUILDS go, a total idiot with the build you think is “best” can be defeated by a good player with an oddball setup. The only way to truly judge someone is by their performance. Guild Wars 1 and 2 are about SKILL, not items. You are looking to pre-judge people, and prejudice hurts everyone. You may miss out on a good helping hand if you refuse to team up with someone based solely on their build.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

“Play the way you want”, eh?

Awesome. I want to play as a cheerleader. Human, female. No armor. Uses /dance and writes GOGO TEAM in allchat. Runs away as soon something comes to close.

Okay, lets be serious now. When you enter a dungeon, you enter a group. So stop running selfish and bad builds and start beeing more usefull. As soon as you do that, you shouldn’t be afraight of gear/buildchecks. It doesn’t need to be the meta or the most efficient, but when I see one more MF/PVT – ranger with a bear spamming LB1 I am going to cry.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

“Play the way you want”, eh?

Awesome. I want to play as a cheerleader. Human, female. No armor. Uses /dance and writes GOGO TEAM in allchat. Runs away as soon something comes to close.

Okay, lets be serious now. When you enter a dungeon, you enter a group. So stop running selfish and bad builds and start beeing more usefull. As soon as you do that, you shouldn’t be afraight of gear/buildchecks. It doesn’t need to be the meta or the most efficient, but when I see one more MF/PVT – ranger with a bear spamming LB1 I am going to cry.

And we all know that group based content invalidates all build variety and gives party leaders the right to dictate others about how they should play.

Seriously though, yes there are some idiots with builds that simply don’t work, and if only those builds get rejected having inspect would be fine. But we all know that isn’t the case is it? There will be a lot of people who get rejected (even though their build is fine) because the party leader believes everyone in his group should play like him/her.

No thank you.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Molch.2078

There is a difference between
I want to play the game the way I want
and
I want you to play the game the way I want

Let’s imagine this is implemented in the game. The uberzerker CoF1 elitist can create a group and sort everyone out who doesn’t match his needs. This part of the game is happy.

The hippie can create a group, too. Go to gw2lfg and make a “lf4m cof p1 everyone welcome” – you’ll find ppl in no time. This group isn’t affected by the change at all, because noone uses gear check. They are happy, too.

The one and only victim would be the one, who enters a elitist speedrunn group wit ha crap build and expects to get carried. But remember, the stupid elitist has the same rights you have. And currently he has no way to figure out if you match his needs or not.
And you have no way to recognize him as a elitist prick. You don’t want to play with him, he doesn’t want to play with you – a kick would be a win-win situation.

Play the game the way you want is awesome, but we need tools to find other like-minded players. With out them, there are groups with two or more players, who have contradicting ways to play the game.

This would be one such tool.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

and

Exactly, rights/privileges/freedoms end before they step all over those of another person.

So get out of my party :P

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

and

Let’s imagine this is implemented in the game. The uberzerker CoF1 elitist can create a group and sort everyone out who doesn’t match his needs. This part of the game is happy.

The hippie can create a group, too. Go to gw2lfg and make a “lf4m cof p1 everyone welcome” – you’ll find ppl in no time. This group isn’t affected by the change at all, because noone uses gear check. They are happy, too.

The one and only victim would be the one, who enters a elitist speedrunn group wit ha crap build and expects to get carried. But remember, the stupid elitist has the same rights you have. And currently he has no way to figure out if you match his needs or not.
And you have no way to recognize him as a elitist prick. You don’t want to play with him, he doesn’t want to play with you – a kick would be a win-win situation.

Play the game the way you want is awesome, but we need tools to find other like-minded players. With out them, there are groups with two or more players, who have contradicting ways to play the game.

This would be one such tool.

The game was designed so that everyone would be useful in a party, so your elitist has no “right” to discriminate like that.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

The game was designed so that everyone would be useful in a party, so your elitist has no “right” to discriminate like that.

The game was designed so that 5 would be limit in an instance, so your terribad build in magic find gear running warrior mace/shield & hammer has no “right” to claim a spot in another person’s PvE party like that.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheGME.1548

TheGME.1548

Maybe inspection could be added, but you would only see the names of the armor/weapon appearances. It wouldn’t tell you if it was transmuted, and it wouldn’t tell you the stats of any of your items.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’m fine with it if and only if there is an option to not allow people to inspect you. If you want to know my build you can ask me to share. You are however not entitled to knowing it.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

No, god no!

If someone needs to know what gear people have for speed runs they can just ask. All adding this feature will do is make the game a cookie cutter you must have this gear and build to ride, and F all that.
I use almost full zerker and rarely die (I play da thiefz gud!), and with inspecting I can see it now “OMG change your gear!” “Your build is terrible!”.

Might as well add gearscore while your add it. I know that I am using a slippery slope argument but really inspecting is all that is needed to make such a system.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m fine with it as long as there is a way to turn it off.

If you post for a group and ask to inspect people (lfg could add one of those requirement icons for it, maybe a little eye), then I wouldn’t join that group (just as I don’t join groups that specifically say experienced only.

And you are perfectly within your rights not to take me without inspection. I’d like to know that’s a requirement before joining your group, just like I’d like to know if it’s required to have 3 computer screens a Jonny Rocket Space Commander 3D Helmet with Ventrilospeak Dubly Surround Sound and a love for the military industrial complex to join your guild.

So…sure, it’s a super idea, as long as there is an opt out.

I’m also perfectly happy to tell you what I am. And try to explain how I play. And what I’m wearing. I don’t use my MF gear in dungeons, if that’s what you are worried about. I don’t know if my build is the ‘right’ build, but it works for me. I’m sure I have some odd mixes of stats on some of my equipment, but it works for me.

I don’t believe numbers will tell you anything about me or how I play or whether I can help you, except to say if you do believe that, then I bet I can’t or don’t really want to help you just the same. We’re just not in the same book, let alone the same page.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I don’t see what it could add to the game even with a opt out option. People will expect you to turn it on, and it will breed elitism.

This is of course my opinion which could be wrong, but please tell me what it can add to the game that can’t be achieved with some ctrl+clicks.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

*Play the game the way you want is awesome, but we need tools to find other like-minded players.

Its called a Small Guild. You might wanna try it sometime =-)

The other thing you might want to think about is the day that elitism comes and bites you on the bum.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Billiam.7961

Billiam.7961

i’m cool with this if it only shows the skin name for gear sometimes a player is AFK if you ask or whatever so it can be a help for people to look for certain items

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

*Clomp *

*Clomp *

*Clomp *

*Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak *

/sigh

Alright, which one of you dimwits left the door to the elitist infirmary open again? How many times do I have to remind you? Huh? HUH!?!?

THIS DOOR IS TO REMAIN LOCKED AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIMES!!! Not Monday through Friday, not every other weekend, not Christmas and Easter. ALL TIMES !!! That’s spelled A-L-L. ALL. As in always.

Now where’d I put those keys?

*Jingle, jingle *

*SLAM! *

*Click *

*Ka-chinnk *

Now, do NOT open this door for ANY reason! Understood? Don’t make me have to come back here again.

*CLOMP *

*CLOMp *

*CLOmp *

*CLomp *

*Clomp *

*clomp *

/thread

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

I’m going to assume you run mf gear…

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

no……………………………………

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Molch.2078

I would love to see some proof for this claim.

Anyway, cheerleader lfg Arah p4 or fotm 48+. WSP ME I’M PRETTY!!!

*Play the game the way you want is awesome, but we need tools to find other like-minded players.

Its called a Small Guild. You might wanna try it sometime =-)

The other thing you might want to think about is the day that elitism comes and bites you on the bum.

I am not an elitist. I spend the most of my time ingame with either my “Teach newbs how to Arah”-guild (and I dont care about profession or playstyle there) or with friends. Why do you think that it is necessary to get personal?

(edited by Molch.2078)

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

AntiGw.9367

The fact that we don’t have a trinity isn’t a proof enough for you? The fact that every class is designed to be useful and fun at all times?

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joe.8142

Joe.8142

I would like this but without showing stats/traits/etc

Just basically showing a larger version of a character because sometimes I see a little Asura with awesome looking gear and I want a better look at it.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

How about a nicer twist op, how about we make it about inspecting achievements and skins instead?

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Logan.5048

Logan.5048

I don’t see any reason why our AR and MF % shouldn’t be shown, in fact, I would like to be able to see these two stats for all party members.
Gear and build… No. Simply put, gear and build doesn’t necessarily make players good or bad. Knowing what to do, when to do it, and how to do it is much more important, and gear/traits wont show you this.
If you are so concerned with others’ gears and traits then I suggest you run dungeons with a group of friends/guildies/whatever that you know and trust, or request a gear ping before allowing random PUGs to enter your squad.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I approve of player inspection but only for skins. If I see a player with cool armor or sweet weapon I want to be able to inspect him/her and see what it is. But I do not want to see stats. Player gear/stat inspection is a prelude to gear checks.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taralom.9562

Taralom.9562

In all perfect honesty, i see no downside to inspecting. I am sorry if i offend anyone with this opinion, but i genuinely couldn’t care less.

An example of how it could have been made easier if inspecting players was possible.

A while back we recruited a new guy into the guild, been playing warrior for a couple of months and thought he was on a good build, with the right gear for damage dealing. I took his word for it, and we did our dungeons, he did make mistakes and when corrected he did fine, fair enough, but later when discussing things like damage he mentioned that he wasn’t hitting nearly as hard as i was.

we had to go through a whole thing of me being on my warrior telling him my traits, gear, etc. it would have been easier for me to inspect him straight away and just ask him why he’d traited the way he had, without a decent enough response i could have directed him straight away to the correct stats for what he was wanting to play.

I can however see points of view for not being able to get into the “super elitist speed run groups”….No i can’t tbh any speed run groups I’ve seen require a certain build, certain gear for a reason, because if you don’t have that gear or build it wont be as speedy as it could be which could stop a boss from dying quickly which slows the runs down a lot.

This being said it doesn’t stop me from taking someone into a group if i don’t know their build, usually asking them what kind of stats they run i can assume, and hey, if they tell me they’re new or haven’t done a specific path before i don’t mind, but why would these people even want to throw themselves in the deep end.

Besides, afk’ing and just inspecting random people would just make the game a lot more interesting at least.

The elitism that you accuse this of aiding or doing, is already in game. If a group cares enough to discriminate, that will happen regardless.

If there is a better build out there for your class, surely you want to know?

Gear and build… No. Simply put, gear and build doesn’t necessarily make players good or bad. Knowing what to do, when to do it, and how to do it is much more important, and gear/traits wont show you this.

This makes no sense whatsoever, its invalid. if i can see someone has the right gear/traits, i can assume they have done half the job at getting to know what to do, it is then their job to respond to my question “do you know what to do?” if they say yes and they haven’t it will become obvious very quickly, but that is then a communication issue and has nothing to do with the ability to inspect.

Arkanoi from Aurora Glade
Most likely in a pub…unable to sit on stools/chairs

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

A while back we recruited a new guy into the guild, been playing warrior for a couple of months and thought he was on a good build, with the right gear for damage dealing. I took his word for it, and we did our dungeons, he did make mistakes and when corrected he did fine, fair enough, but later when discussing things like damage he mentioned that he wasn’t hitting nearly as hard as i was.

This makes no sense whatsoever, its invalid. if i can see someone has the right gear/traits, i can assume they have done half the job at getting to know what to do, it is then their job to respond to my question “do you know what to do?” if they say yes and they haven’t it will become obvious very quickly, but that is then a communication issue and has nothing to do with the ability to inspect.

And this is exactly why it’s a bad idea. You assume there’s a “right” build, and “right” armor. You assume you know best, as do many other people. If I walk into a dungeon group as a hybrid Engineer or Elementalist with Rampager/Celestial equipment, is some Warrior going to kick me because he thinks Rampager/Celestial is terrible?

In your own example, no one noticed that your friend was not in a top-damage spec, so he was probably not dying all over the place. Maybe he was in knights, I don’t know. Maybe knights is what he needed at first, until he was good enough to step up and go glass cannon. Either way, he noticed a problem with his build, and he worked to correct it—and it was his choice to do so. To me, that sounds just fine.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

I approve of player inspection but only for skins. If I see a player with cool armor or sweet weapon I want to be able to inspect him/her and see what it is. But I do not want to see stats. Player gear/stat inspection is a prelude to gear checks.

Already implemented. It’s a feature called asking. You know, sending a whisper to the person and saying something like “Hey. I like your armor. Do you mind if I ask what it is?”

And this is exactly why it’s a bad idea. You assume there’s a “right” build, and “right” armor. You assume you know best, as do many other people. If I walk into a dungeon group as a hybrid Engineer or Elementalist with Rampager/Celestial equipment, is some Warrior going to kick me because he thinks Rampager/Celestial is terrible?

In your own example, no one noticed that your friend was not in a top-damage spec, so he was probably not dying all over the place. Maybe he was in knights, I don’t know. Maybe knights is what he needed at first, until he was good enough to step up and go glass cannon. Either way, he noticed a problem with his build, and he worked to correct it—and it was his choice to do so. To me, that sounds just fine.

I agree with this. As opposed to someone inspecting him and seeing he doesn’t have the right gear (in their opinion) and kicking your friend because of it.

No inspection needed. No thanks.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

When it comes to interacting with other players, you should always act with honour, respect, and the spirit of teamwork. Lying about your gear to get into a group is dishonourable, ignoring the opinions of your team is disrespectful, and running a selfish setup so you don’t pull your weight… that’s just not okay at all. ANet should not be encouraging such activities, since it erodes the positive feeling in the community, and this is extremely harmful to what the game is all about. Whether they do so by implementing mechanics like magic find gear (which encourages players to drop useful stats for a greater reward) or NOT implementing an inspect system (which would improve player communication) is irrelevant.

I think what I’ve said above is generally agreeable, so the real debate here is whether or not an inspect function would actually facilitate greater player communication. It seems that those in the NO camp are afraid that it would further empower elitists to shut their minds to the possibility of 1) non-meta builds still being good and 2) people running sub-optimal builds being valuable team members.
My question to you is: Why do you want to play with these people? They’re trying to enforce their playstyle upon you (with good reason, as it is demonstrably effective), and you’re stubbornly saying that you don’t want that. If neither of you is willing to change your opinion, you don’t belong in a party together! Don’t lie just to stay in the group!
If I form a group with the specific intent of having everyone running full berserker’s, I will not be happy to carry some randomer wearing magic find… any more than you would if you formed a CoF path 1 and then people voted for path 3.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

When it comes to interacting with other players, you should always act with honour, respect, and the spirit of teamwork. Lying about your gear to get into a group is dishonourable, ignoring the opinions of your team is disrespectful, and running a selfish setup so you don’t pull your weight… that’s just not okay at all. ANet should not be encouraging such activities, since it erodes the positive feeling in the community, and this is extremely harmful to what the game is all about. Whether they do so by implementing mechanics like magic find gear (which encourages players to drop useful stats for a greater reward) or NOT implementing an inspect system (which would improve player communication) is irrelevant.

I think what I’ve said above is generally agreeable, so the real debate here is whether or not an inspect function would actually facilitate greater player communication. It seems that those in the NO camp are afraid that it would further empower elitists to shut their minds to the possibility of 1) non-meta builds still being good and 2) people running sub-optimal builds being valuable team members.
My question to you is: Why do you want to play with these people? They’re trying to enforce their playstyle upon you (with good reason, as it is demonstrably effective), and you’re stubbornly saying that you don’t want that. If neither of you is willing to change your opinion, you don’t belong in a party together! Don’t lie just to stay in the group!
If I form a group with the specific intent of having everyone running full berserker’s, I will not be happy to carry some randomer wearing magic find… any more than you would if you formed a CoF path 1 and then people voted for path 3.

Look at WoW and how their inspect function has allowed elitists to pick and choose who gets to play with them.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Mist Y.5214

I never played WoW. To be honest that sounds like it’d be great for elitists… why deny them this ability? Perhaps you can explain the downside for me.
Seriously though, people already ask you to ping your gear for PUG CoF runs. Or they can avoid PUGs altogether and just do guild runs… won’t that be great for the community?!

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

the real debate here is whether or not an inspect function would actually facilitate greater player communication. It seems that those in the NO camp are afraid that it would further empower elitists to shut their minds to the possibility of 1) non-meta builds still being good and 2) people running sub-optimal builds being valuable team members.

You’re assuming that the only people who would utilize such a function are the ones who bother to force gear pings with the current system, and that’s just not true. The easier you make gear comparisons, the more common they will be—that’s just simple logic. I’m not concerned about lying to get into ZERKER ONY PLZ parties; it’s about someone who has no business telling me how to play my class gets the idea in his head that he knows better than me because he has the tools to do so.

When you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

The fact that we don’t have a trinity isn’t a proof enough for you? The fact that every class is designed to be useful and fun at all times?

Actually there is an intended trinity, DPS-Support-CC, elements of which are present in every class (some better than others at certain ones). Sure every class CAN be useful but, again, “cheerleader lfg” and suddenly your broad claims of anybody can run however they want disappear. Just because a class CAN be useful doesn’t mean the person running it is doing so appropriately.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

A while back we recruited a new guy into the guild, been playing warrior for a couple of months and thought he was on a good build, with the right gear for damage dealing.

And this is exactly why it’s a bad idea. You assume there’s a “right” build, and “right” armor.

Reread that, the warrior wanted to be a damage build, he wasn’t achieving the numbers that others could and the issue was his traits and gear wasn’t actually correct for the build he intended to be.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

NO!

Cosmetic only inspection window. With a view of player armor and weapons, with no stats. Also a introduction message. And Guild information.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

I never played WoW. To be honest that sounds like it’d be great for elitists… why deny them this ability? Perhaps you can explain the downside for me.
Seriously though, people already ask you to ping your gear for PUG CoF runs. Or they can avoid PUGs altogether and just do guild runs… won’t that be great for the community?!

Or the elitists can play this game for fun which is better for the other 80% of the community.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Nope don’t want to be inspected, and I DEFINITELY do not want people examining my builds. They are very personal and I worked long hours theory crafting them all for WvW.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

There is no reason anyone should need to inspect another players armour.. Let people play how they want to play – you don’t have a right to start telling people they shouldn’t do dungeons or whatever because their stat combo’s are wrong.

Also, don’t be surprised if you get suspended for your account name. I mean seriously that’s imbecilic.

lol, you claim he has no rights to tell people how to play and yet at the same time you complain about his name?

roflmfao, it’s not people asking for certain builds that ruin the game, imho, it’s people like you complaining over someone else’s name that quite frankly is anatomically correct, Elephants do in fact have horns and so could be thus described.

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

I’m fine with it if and only if there is an option to not allow people to inspect you. If you want to know my build you can ask me to share. You are however not entitled to knowing it.

lol, it’s simple.

Add inspect as a toggle.

LFG asks for inspection, then it is up to you to turn it on or do not join.

LFG says none inspection, then it is up to you to join or not.

Solves the problem for LFG like minded speed clearers and LFG casual players.

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

All these people saying no seem to be saying

I don’t want people telling me my build is bad and have to change my build to play with PUGS

It’s true, with an inspect feature people WILL tell you your build is kitten and kick you from the party, but there’s absolutely NOTHING stopping you from making your own party and welcoming anyone and letting the people that only want certain builds play with each other.

It’s like people getting mad that they can’t bring their rangers to 4 warrior one mesmer CoF runs. Make your OWN group with your own rules and watch that fill up in an instant.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

If a group is so dependent on players with full exotics. Some of the people in that group are less skilled for always depending on the best stats.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Mist Y.5214

If a group is so dependent on players with full exotics. Some of the people in that group are less skilled for always depending on the best stats.

Yeah dude, all the best players run around naked and take down lupicus with their bare fists! Still, for us “less skilled” mortals who are “dependent” on having decent stats, it’d be nice to not have to run the risk of someone sneaking into the party with terrible gear.
Is there actually a good reason to wear non-max gear? Disregarding fine infusions, it’s all easy enough to come by. If someone is new and hasn’t had time to acquire the gear they want, there are plenty of people willing to take them on the runs (you, for a start) they need. But nobody should be forced to carry others if that’s not what they want to do, and using deception to allow this is highly reprehensible.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

AntiGw.9367

Actually there is an intended trinity, DPS-Support-CC, elements of which are present in every class (some better than others at certain ones). Sure every class CAN be useful but, again, “cheerleader lfg” and suddenly your broad claims of anybody can run however they want disappear. Just because a class CAN be useful doesn’t mean the person running it is doing so appropriately.

And by that you of course suggest that only zerker/mesmer groups are viable?

No.

Inspecting Players

in Suggestions

Mist Y.5214

And by that you of course suggest that only zerker/mesmer groups are viable?

No.

Don’t be ridiculous – mesmers should be wearing zerker gear too!
He didn’t say that at all… where are you getting that from? The point is that we want to make sure someone isn’t running a cheerleader build. To give a real example, I don’t mind if you’re running soldier’s, knight’s, or zerker’s on your guardian… just so long as it’s not carrion or explorer’s or something. If you have a legitimate argument for running those stats though, I’m willing to hear it. However, if someone wearing PVT gear says they’re in full zerker’s (or vice versa), I think they’re in the wrong for joining a group under false pretences.