Legendary Weapon Stats

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

At request, I’m giving an idea I had a thread of it’s own:

I think a really nice thing that would make Legendaries even more special without unbalancing the game would be to add a drop-down menu to the weapon out of combat that allows you to choose the desired stat combination.

That’s the core of the idea.

Additionally, if ArenaNet were feeling generous, they could extend this idea to sigils, but I’d understand if they didn’t implement that. After all, every Legendary has a superior sigil as part of its crafting requirements, so it only makes sense that the sigil on a Legendary weapon is the one used to craft it.

Finally, there’s hints that they may be eventually releasing Legendary armour (ye gods, I daren’t even contemplate the grind required!). Imagine having one armour set to rule them all, where you could change the stats to suit the situation as long as you were out of combat.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’m Commander Pifil and this is my favourite thread on the Black Cita – I mean on the subject of changing Legendary Weapon Stats.

I think these weapons should have a benefit outside of the skin/effects; they cost an absolute mint to craft and this is not a power advantage just a versatility/quality of life improvement (even if you had to visit an NPC it would be great).

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I don’t like the change on the fly idea.

but the drop down should appear upon successful creation. once. if you want another with different stats, transmute or make another.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Bartti.9368

The Bartti.9368

I think it’s awesome idea, because they cost a lot of money to make, and I’m sure not everyone likes Power/Toughness/Vitality on their Legendaries, because they aren’t really worth making them at all. Exceptions are guardians, which may like those stats (not every guardian does). We should be able to change those stats choosing from some pre-sets like Berserker’s, etc. This should be added in game for sure just to make Legendary weapons really worth making without transmuting them into EXOTIC (:

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

Hey but as far as I know this thing IS already in-game. It’s been introduced I guess in January or so – when u transmute two items the result will have the tier of the higher one. I tried it and it works – you can for example transmute a level 80 Exotic with a level 20 rare (you want the exotic’s look and the stats and level of the rare – for example for your alt) – what you will get is a level 20 exotic.

This then goes to Legendaries I guess. Since they have the same stats as Exotics (only with higher tier) you should be able to transmute them. For example you are a Necro with Meteorlogicus that needs Rabid (Prec, Tough, Cond.Dmg) stat combination – you take your Legendary and transmute it with Exotic Rabid Scepter. As a result you get Legendary Meteorlogicus with Rabid stats!

However I do not dare anyone to try it on their own (just in case). Therefore, Developers: “Would you kindly tell us whether what I just said is possible”?

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

it if costs too much money to make just a skin … don’t. Since most of you in thread probably already have or are working towards it I would say your argument is false.

AR

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow.3496

Rainbow.3496

i honestly think you should be able to make build “pages” in your hero menu. (use gems to buy more pages, heh arena net, heh.) and you can put your builds into pages and it costs you a minimal fee to switch builds, but you dont have to go to the gay trait man to switch traits. BUT ofc you would have to be out of combat. AND YES. legendaries should have this option. since im a commander and like to be tanky and lead and use power toughness and vit, but when im roaming i use power precision crit. so i have to pay like 5-6 gold everytime to switch to change builds…….its ridiculous. My twilight has WIP LASH

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Looks like Arenanet liked this idea:

In addition, we’ll also improve the functionality of legendaries, allowing you to set their stats when out of combat to any stat combo available, so you don’t need to transmute stat changes for legendaries. Legendary gear will remain with the same tier of stats as ascended gear and will not be made more powerful than other gear, it will simply be slightly more convenient since it will no longer need transmutations to change stats.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Legendary Weapon Stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Looks like Arenanet liked this idea:

In addition, we’ll also improve the functionality of legendaries, allowing you to set their stats when out of combat to any stat combo available, so you don’t need to transmute stat changes for legendaries. Legendary gear will remain with the same tier of stats as ascended gear and will not be made more powerful than other gear, it will simply be slightly more convenient since it will no longer need transmutations to change stats.

Grats to the topic creator. This will be a great change.