Legendary Weapons 2.0 - Player Contest

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I’d like to see a player contest to design the net legendary weapons, with a vote system for the winners. You could even include a free legendary to each of the winners, or a unique title.
I think this will allow the player base to contribute to the game, keep everyone highly engaged, and ensure we don’t end up with any more Quip/Moots. I’m sure the entire player community would be absolutely buzzing if this was put in place.
There have been several threads demonstrating the creativity of the player base, and I think it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

+1

But would be a lot of work for ’em I guess^^

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

probably – but I think it would be something that sets ANET apart from other games who just TALK about engaging their player base.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

I think they could also do with some player designed (even if only in theory or description) maps and stories which the developers could then work into the game. +1 for sure.

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

take a page out of EQNext – good idea Cattivo.

This obviously could apply to armor design as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

KITTENING YES!!!!!

I’ve been waiting for a weapon design contest forkitteningever!

My CS5 is ready and my Intuos 5 is overcharges while unplugged in anticipation!

(Also, the Moot is smexy)

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

take a page out of EQNext – good idea Cattivo.

This obviously could apply to armor design as well.

The eq games have a player studio so 3d artists can submit work and have them turned into item skins for sale in cash shop. Sony does pay the artists a portion from each sale of the skins too. I don`t think arenanet would be willing to pay people for models per sale since you can convert gems to gold. But being able to submit a model that they would use or be able to turn into a custom skin for yourself would be pretty cool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

i already suggested this. They did it twice with guild wars 1 and it work out great. The winning weapons were some of the most sought after in game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pew pew pokes q q.7816

pew pew pokes q q.7816

+1 for the idea! Where would anet usually post a contest announcement? If they did I don’t normally use the forums so if it came up in the game advisory that would be great cuz I’d look it up. Like when you log into your account, that news menu is the ideal spot for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bruzadabig.3705

bruzadabig.3705

+1 Love the idea

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

+1 for the idea! Where would anet usually post a contest announcement? If they did I don’t normally use the forums so if it came up in the game advisory that would be great cuz I’d look it up. Like when you log into your account, that news menu is the ideal spot for it.

I would hope they would post it on the main website, the forums, and most importantly – in-game!

To the poster above’s point – there have been other threads on this, and in fact in GW1 there were contests, so I’m hoping they use this again – specifically for the legendaries

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

They really need to create some new legendary weapons. Not happy with the ones that are currently available, appearance-wise anyways.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: quakeroatmeal.4829

quakeroatmeal.4829

lol @ take notes from SOE, the one company out there that is unparalleled in driving great MMO engines into the ground. And yes, this is coming from a veteran EQ2 w.w. raider. I can’t even bother to log in to that game any more its so bad. Please don’t take note.

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

lol @ take notes from SOE, the one company out there that is unparalleled in driving great MMO engines into the ground. And yes, this is coming from a veteran EQ2 w.w. raider. I can’t even bother to log in to that game any more its so bad. Please don’t take note.

The point was on taking note on one very specific aspect – not copy their entire MMO model. I think you missed the point.