Light Up the Darkness

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gavaulden.8193

Gavaulden.8193

Hi this is my first time posting, but I felt so compelled to voice my opinion on the achievement, “Light Up the Darkness” that I just had to make this suggestion. This achievement really needs an adjustment consideration as it is ridiculous in every aspect. I say this as a player who has completed every other Queen’s gauntlet with little difficulty including killing Liadri. Just because a few people were capable of getting lucky and finishing this achievement does not justify that it is working as intended. I have spent countless hours and buckets of gold outfitting lvl 80 alts to try to attack this in different ways. With slow orb pick up/throw animations, blinds while void drop on top of you, mirror images spawning on top of you, and horrible camera view with the dome clipping my sight it is unfair to expect anybody other than a handful to get lucky enough to complete this achievement. Please consider adjusting it, or removing it entirely.

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rksassy.6852

Rksassy.6852

Without a doubt this is unbelievably difficult. It comes with the same amount of achievement points as all of the other special third tier gauntlet activities and clogs up the queue with the same players attempting this one particular achievement over and over. It could be adjusted in several ways, just pick one. Also, depending upon which arena you get/choose, this event seems to be buggy or laggy in one area or another due to too many activities going at once. Just taking the challenge down to five orbs or get rid of the blurring would be a plus. Something should be fixed for sure. Also for all of the gauntlet events I think a timer in the corner of the screen would be great. On the up side, I leveled up twice on my alt just reviving other players doing “Light of the Darkness”, over just a few hours today, lol.

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

I think this achievement is working as intended. The problem is that it rewards the same amount of points as other achievements that are not this hard making people think it is not working as intended because it is very hard. Raising the achievement points to 50 or so AND giving a title would make this achievement stand out more as being one of those achievements only a few will be able to get.

As for people thinking it is too hard: it seems too hard at first, but once you get the pattern down and do everything you can to reduce the cripple duration, it is possible. It took me a long time to get but it is certainly possible. Do not give up yet.

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Posted by: sniper general.3549

sniper general.3549

i agree with the OP, this is absolutely infuriating. I wouldn’t mind some difficult achievements if they were permanent, but this is really making me angry as someone who has completed all the LS cheevs so far and spent about 25h trying to get this one. It needs some changing

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Gavaulden.8193

I just wanted to make my case a little clearer, I in no way am asking for a hand out. I love a challenge, and initially I even enjoyed killing Liadri. I am a very competent player that knows how to use my resources. I use a hotkeyed mouse, and keyboard with fast reaction time. I know how to tailor my character’s gear to the situation at hand. That being said, I understand that the encounter can be done, but after spending 9 hours straight today alone learning every void drop, how to connect clones to portals for fast orb throws it still ridiculously impossible not due to lack of skill or patience, but because this encounter plus 5 additional orbs is just poorly thought out. If I’m wrong then I’ll let it go, but I’ve really had enough of all the glitchy crap that happens during this fight when you are expected to pretty much run a perfect fight in under 3 minutes. Argh I hate feeling like I have to complete every achievement especially when they are temporary and will leave an uncompleted black mark on my achievements…OCD right?

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You’re wrong. This achievement is entirely possible, it just requires patience. You need to be patient while in the arena. You need to not panic. You need to focus on surviving. Don’t go for an orb if it puts you out of position, you have plenty of time.

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

I just wanted to make my case a little clearer, I in no way am asking for a hand out. I love a challenge, and initially I even enjoyed killing Liadri. I am a very competent player that knows how to use my resources. I use a hotkeyed mouse, and keyboard with fast reaction time. I know how to tailor my character’s gear to the situation at hand. That being said, I understand that the encounter can be done, but after spending 9 hours straight today alone learning every void drop, how to connect clones to portals for fast orb throws it still ridiculously impossible not due to lack of skill or patience, but because this encounter plus 5 additional orbs is just poorly thought out. If I’m wrong then I’ll let it go, but I’ve really had enough of all the glitchy crap that happens during this fight when you are expected to pretty much run a perfect fight in under 3 minutes. Argh I hate feeling like I have to complete every achievement especially when they are temporary and will leave an uncompleted black mark on my achievements…OCD right?

Did you try it with Warrior+Melandru+Lemongrass+Mace/Shield+Rifle?

Light Up the Darkness

in Suggestions

Gavaulden.8193

Yup I’ve tried it with a warrior, necro, mesmer, guardian, ranger, and thief all 80 and geared. I’ve tried multiple compisitions, but found the guardian and war to work the best, but it just isn’t cutting it. I will keep trying if you guys say it’s doable, but to be honest I’ve sunk probably thirty hours, and sixty gold into buying food/appropraite runes,sigils/tickets/ and repairing armor to take on one achievement, not complaining because it is my own choice to go after it, but it is a reality.