Listen to your community...

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

It’s really annoying that Arenanet claims to “listen to their community” when I look through these suggestions and rarely see any post from a dev.

It would really be to make a simple of statement of..

-“Yes, we’re implementing this”
-“No, we’re for sure not implementing this”
-"I like that idea, I’ll talk to other devs and we’ll consider it*

I have very little support that they actually listen to their community, seeing as most of the things I see posted on here (not just under suggestions) are actually getting fixed or put into the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

The development team is sent feedback and suggestion reports from the Community team 5 days a week (sorry – even we need a little time off, haha). They are extremely busy working on the game, but come and answer posts when they can.

Keep the suggestions, feedback, thoughts, ideas, and constructive complaints ( ) coming so we have plenty to give them each day.

in Suggestions

The Eternal Grace.3157

I didn’t mean any disrespect, I understand the devs have lives as well. I would just really like to hear feedback more often. Communication is always a good thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

They do listen to their community, just because they may never implement your idea doesn’t mean they are not listening. Players shouldn’t need the constant reinforcement from the developer team on every thread. Pay attention to patches, read the Dev Tracker. These are ways you can see how much attention the players are receiving. Just cause you don’t verbally ( or in post in this case) hear them say hey great idea, doesn’t mean they are not paying attention.

Also I believe it was CC Eva ( Dalmarus feel free to correct me ) Often times Developers wont comment as they don’t want to say yeah we are talking about it or yeah your idea is good I am going to talk about it to the dev’s. Is because people don’t understand what they mean.

Someone suggest X and the Dev’s say yeah we are discussing that and do not know weather that will be put into the game or not. Players will only see Yeah we are discussing that and probably putting it into play. Then 6 months down the line when they scrap it or decided against it they get a Slew of hate mail and slanderous Threads about how they betrayed the player base.

This is why they stay silent about kitten near everything, so not to create false hope or some sort of misconception.

in Suggestions

The Eternal Grace.3157

I’m not talking about directly implementing my ideas, or anyone’s ideas. I’m talking more about the communication and feedback to other’s ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cletiscake.9173

cletiscake.9173

I agree with the OP, and I’d love to see anyone comment more frequently on suggestions/discussions. It seems like very little posts get any feedback from the devs, least of all in the suggestions sub-forum. I take my time to look at what ideas the community is offering up, and I don’t see any sign okittennowledgement from the devs. It leaves me scratching my head a bit.

a.c.knowledgement is being displayed as a curse word!

(edited by cletiscake.9173)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Direct yes/no answers will cause a mess if the feature is delayed or people are unhappy with the decision. It makes them waste more time moderating and keeping tabs on repeat threads.

Even with the neutral “I like that idea, I’ll pass it on”, the average forum-goer is impatient and wants a solid yes/no answer, as to the consequences see what I just said above.

At best they can post on threads to spur discussion or guide it in a way to keep in constructive and insightful, which is already occasionally done. I think they’ve found a fair balance.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

Personally, I think it would be nice to see some kind of dev communication, just to know that they’re at least seeing the forums. There are threads that seem to get totally ignored, even though they are 50+ pages.

I understand that the forums are full of unproductive complaints, but people do have genuinely creative or interesting ideas. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who feels disheartened when it seems like the massive amount of feedback just isn’t being heard/seen when there is no Anet communication whatsoever.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Personally, I think it would be nice to see some kind of dev communication, just to know that they’re at least seeing the forums. There are threads that seem to get totally ignored, even though they are 50+ pages.

I understand that the forums are full of unproductive complaints, but people do have genuinely creative or interesting ideas. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who feels disheartened when it seems like the massive amount of feedback just isn’t being heard/seen when there is no Anet communication whatsoever.

This is your confirmation of the dev’s are not ignoring your suggestions

The development team is sent feedback and suggestion reports from the Community team 5 days a week (sorry – even we need a little time off, haha). They are extremely busy working on the game, but come and answer posts when they can.

Keep the suggestions, feedback, thoughts, ideas, and constructive complaints ( ) coming so we have plenty to give them each day.

Again look at my first post here to see why they do not comment on every or even the creative ones

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoShamBo.2618

RoShamBo.2618

Quote removed since the post has been removed ~ Dalmarus

More or less how I feel about the right mouse button being used for target acquisition/start auto-attack/activate and also to pan the camera!

This causes massive issues where moving and panning the camera causes loss of target, attacking a target you didn’t want to, activating something you didn’t want to. This has plagued GW2 players from day one and there have been threads open about this for 6 months and yet what has been done about this? What communication have we had from anyone at ANet about this? You guessed it – nothing, zip, nada!

How can this have gone on with the amount of forum noise about this issue for 6 months with no kind of a response?

Forever posting in legendary threads!

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s really annoying that Arenanet claims to “listen to their community” when I look through these suggestions and rarely see any post from a dev.

I have very little support that they actually listen to their community, seeing as most of the things I see posted on here (not just under suggestions) are actually getting fixed or put into the game.

5 minutes spent on a reply is 5 minutes not working towards implementing an often suggested feature. Times every thread in this forum???

Don’t think so. I’m paying a.net devs to develop the game, not to post on the forums. Every red post on here that’s not a CC posting, is a pure waste of development resources imho.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Why doesn’t arena net relay answers through the community team to give players some feedback on their posts. They could be the forum representatives for arena net. One or two answers a week on each forum should help curb some repetitive posts.

(edited by Zahld.4956)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Why doesn’t arena net relay answers through the community team to give players some feedback on their posts. They could be the forum representatives for arena net. One or two answers a week on each forum should help curb some repetitive posts.

Read Dalmarus response please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

OP,

You topic is based on the extremely flawed or naive premise that every suggestion is actually good or even worth exploring. The best you can do is offer your suggestions and hope for the best. If they were to do exactly what you suggested they will never actually do their main job, which is develop the game.

The reality is that if the developers don’t provide the community at large with what they need the game will die. They don’t need to provide lip service to every banal suggestions.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

While I agree that there is no reason to reply to most threads…but some…ie…the major ones really seem to lack in any communication. That is what worries me. In most every service/product I can think of that is not acceptable. Imagine the lack of feedback on major concerns in any other industry…makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I would imagine that after a while, there just isn’t anything to say anymore. Every single day, there are new posts with suggestions that have already been made dozens of times before. Do they have to take the time to answer all of them personally, with a unique response? In 99% of all cases, I’d rather they just use their time to keep working on the game instead of explaining in detail why GW2 has no mounts for the tenth time this week.

I’m sure they’ve been made aware of how “awesome” GW2 would be if only they introduced death knights, a fifth attunement for Elementalists, unlimited trait points for all classes, and psychic vampire furries. Take it as a blessing that sometimes we aren’t told how the devs really feel about some of our “brilliant” ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nomar Ramon.3107

Nomar Ramon.3107

What if there was a tag, flag or dot or something that appeared whenever a dev viewed a posting, whether they commented or not. Just a simple sign that it had been seen. Needless to say some would get mad that no one looked at their post and they didnt get a red star.

So maybe a marker to appease the masses: they all get a marker, eventually, and everyone is happy except the conspiracy theorists who belive no one looked at anything. Who cares if they didn’t actually look at it or not. The perceived value that it was looked at would work as good as the real thing, it happens all the time in real life. But that would be deceptive.

I think it’s fine the way it is. As most could admit, myself included, it is encouraging to see responses from time to time, though, personally, I have never received one on any of my suggestions. That is ok though, I have enjoyed the community responses, whether flaming or supportive.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Arena Net does look at all the post that are put up, this was stated by CC Dalmarus, This incisive need to have the approval or word from someone is most peoples insecurities. Like I stated before Arena Net doesn’t like commenting on anything, as soon as they do and they have to scrap it or change it people get mad and the hate mail starts flying. They Only post on stuff that they are 100% sure it is going to work and be put into the game. These are not my words these are the words of Developers them self.

For all the people just yearning for that attention from someone, your being needy, clingy, and obsessive. Your not going to get it, this has been said at least 15 times on other threads before, countless times in interviews, I also believe this was stated at the Arena Net party at that con. Trust me when I say, it is better that Arena Net Devs don’t say a word than if they commented on every thread, Just like someone else posted, I promise you probably don’t want to know 90% of the reactions of the developers when they hear some of the suggestions. You think that Players are horrible and cruel on the forums to other players, they ( i promise ) can make that seem like a happy fluffy circus of bouncy castles.

@RoShamBo.2618
A dev, and a moderator both commented on the long ever going thread on right click. So I guess your zip nothing is false.

And this is why Moderators and Devs do not make comments on threads because of the mentality of players like RoShamBo.2618. They commented on the thread, and even answered a few questions and either he ignored it or he didn’t like their answers so in another thread he claims they don’t listen. Then you wonder why Mod’s and Dev’s don’t make statements till it is a 100% for sure thing….

in Suggestions

Posted by: hatez.6189

hatez.6189

Arenanet will add something to the game only if its suggested by a large amount of the player base of the game , Its not that someone wants a flying sword (just an example) so if a dev like the idea he will add it. a lot of people need to like the idea as in someone suggest something so there is about 200 more people who suggest the same.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

OP,

You topic is based on the extremely flawed or naive premise that every suggestion is actually good or even worth exploring. The best you can do is offer your suggestions and hope for the best. If they were to do exactly what you suggested they will never actually do their main job, which is develop the game.

The reality is that if the developers don’t provide the community at large with what they need the game will die. They don’t need to provide lip service to every banal suggestions.

It’s also important to keep in mind that just because a feature isn’t in the game, it doesn’t mean that the developers haven’t already thought of it and, possibly, rejected it. When you have a development time as long as GW2 did with the size of team that GW2 had, there’s probably a megaton of ideas that have already been proposed, considered and either left on the drawing board or outright thrown in the trash.

All you can do when making a suggestion is phrase it as well as you can, see if it gathers support, and then wait.

As others have already said, more actual developer interaction would certainly be a nice thing, but that’s dangerous ground to tread and I can appreciate why they approach it gingerly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saturn.1246

Saturn.1246

seeing this reassured me that dev teams are reading my posts/suggestions but it doesn’t lead me to believe my ideas are going to be considered or be put into the game

not saying that my ideas suck or are great but i feel their silent acknowledgment is enough for me =)

no need to mislead the community and get anyone angry

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

This is your confirmation of the dev’s are not ignoring your suggestions

Again look at my first post here to see why they do not comment on every or even the creative ones

I read your post, and I understand some of your points, but you seem to be missing the gist of what I and several other people have said.

I’m not asking for any kind of definitive answers of people’s questions or comments. I’d be happy just to see simple, conversational things, like “why do you think that way?” or “yes, this feature is working as intended, but we are always trying to improve the game and the player experience.” This at least tells me that they are indeed reading the threads where people are pouring hours of their time and energy on the faint hope that a dev will see it. In a virtual ocean of comments, that’s a very faint hope indeed.

Also, I have checked up on the Dev Tracker from time to time, and if I was satisfied with what I saw there, then I wouldn’t have taken the time to add my thoughts to this thread. Most of what I see on the Dev Tracker are a select few threads that get a ton of dev feedback—mostly threads about billing/purchasing errors, login and disconnect problems, hacking, and player misconduct. There were also a lot of posts where CCs are deleting unproductive comments or closing threads. But as Essence Snow has said, “the major [threads] really seem to lack in any communication,” and those are the places where I’d like to see it.

Prosper

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I’m not asking for any kind of definitive answers of people’s questions or comments. I’d be happy just to see simple, conversational things, like “why do you think that way?” or “yes, this feature is working as intended, but we are always trying to improve the game and the player experience.” This at least tells me that they are indeed reading the threads where people are pouring hours of their time and energy on the faint hope that a dev will see it. In a virtual ocean of comments, that’s a very faint hope indeed.

Doing that to every thread in suggestion forums alone would increase the total posts of the staff team by… Around 20 000. I do believe they have better things to do than that, especially if you actually wanted them to read the threads.

Then again, if they just went to every thread and used ctrl-v to throw “why do you think that way” in the thread, people still wouldn’t be happy, since it’s merely an automated message.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

Doing that to every thread in suggestion forums alone would increase the total posts of the staff team by… Around 20 000. I do believe they have better things to do than that, especially if you actually wanted them to read the threads.

Then again, if they just went to every thread and used ctrl-v to throw “why do you think that way” in the thread, people still wouldn’t be happy, since it’s merely an automated message.

Nor was I asking for every staff member to contribute to/read every thread. And while I’m sure they do have projects to work on, they already contribute to the forums as part of their activities—they just don’t do it in places like some of the profession debates and mechanics discussions, where a lot of people really strive to receive feedback.

The devs picking 1-3 “virgin” threads a week (threads without the red ArenaNet commentary icon) and perusing them for a few minutes before responding to a comment that caught their eye isn’t asking for an enormous extra commitment of time or effort, and it would help ease the “ignored” feeling in the community.

(Edit: Fixed some typos.)

Prosper

(edited by Rusc.4978)

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

Nor was I asking for every staff member to contribute to/read every thread. And while I’m sure they do have projects to work on, they already contribute to the forums as part of their activities—they just don’t do it in places like some of the profession debates and mechanics discussions, where a lot of people really strive to receive feedback.

The devs picking 1-3 “virgin” threads a week (threads without the red ArenaNet commentary icon) and perusing them for a few minutes before responding to a comment that caught their eye isn’t asking for an enormous extra commitment of time or effort, and it would help ease the “ignored” feeling in the community.

So, pardon me if I misunderstood you, but you are feeling ignored because they are answering the topics some other people wanted to discuss about? Now, that is just selfish, don’t you agree?

, seeing as most of the things I see posted on here (not just under suggestions) are actually getting fixed or put into the game.

Hmm… I’m not sure if you are missing a negative, but I agree that most of the things I see posted on here are actually getting fixed or put into the game. (Excluding the vast majority of ridiculous suggestions, namely ‘remove WP cost’ ‘remove listing fees’ ‘add mounts’ ‘add religious zealots as a profession’)
Then again, I guess you haven’t been around long enough to know that. (30 days with close to no posts?)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

Also, I have checked up on the Dev Tracker from time to time, and if I was satisfied with what I saw there, then I wouldn’t have taken the time to add my thoughts to this thread. Most of what I see on the Dev Tracker are a select few threads that get a ton of dev feedback—mostly threads about billing/purchasing errors, login and disconnect problems, hacking, and player misconduct. There were also a lot of posts where CCs are deleting unproductive comments or closing threads. But as Essence Snow has said, “the major [threads] really seem to lack in any communication,” and those are the places where I’d like to see it.

Except, that isn’t “dev” feedback but support and community management. I’m a support engineer myself for a mid-size firm. Whenever a customer asks to speak with a developer, I simply tell them that’s impossible.
Mind you, customer in my case means multi-million contract instead of 60 euro videogame. These are multi-million clients featured in every magazine have no problem accepting that.

GW2 is basically a complicated game of cops and robbers for adults. The people on this board apparently can’t accept what I just said to a very big name featured at least ten times in an average household. Seriously …

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

So, pardon me if I misunderstood you, but you are feeling ignored because they are answering the topics some other people wanted to discuss about? Now, that is just selfish, don’t you agree?

No, nor is that what I said. I said that some parts of the community are feeling ignored. There are enormous threads on the forums that rack up 50+ or 75+ pages and get zero dev feedback. None. But other threads get high concentrations of feedback, and these threads are often repetitious in nature.

My suggestion/request is only that devs take a few minutes a week to peruse the forums, and comment on a few threads that they find worthwhile, preferably topics that have not received any dev feedback up to that point. I don’t think this is a selfish or overly-demanding request.

Prosper

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Could you imagine the uproar if Devs came into every suggestion thread and flat out told your that your idea wasn’t going to be implemented? There would be SO much crying. Unless they were cute about it and quoted gw2 characters:

Player: " So thats why we should have precursors falling from the sky! Come on guys we need a plan of action!"

Dev: “I’m not arguing the need for a plan, your plan is just stupid and wont work!”

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

Except, that isn’t “dev” feedback but support and community management. I’m a support engineer myself for a mid-size firm. Whenever a customer asks to speak with a developer, I simply tell them that’s impossible.
Mind you, customer in my case means multi-million contract instead of 60 euro videogame. These are multi-million clients featured in every magazine have no problem accepting that.

GW2 is basically a complicated game of cops and robbers for adults. The people on this board apparently can’t accept what I just said to a very big name featured at least ten times in an average household. Seriously …

Wat.

Jeffrey Vaughn, Robert Hrouda, Johnathan Sharp, Roy Cronacher, and Habib Loew are Content Designers, Game Designers, and/or Programmers at ArenaNet. Colin Johanson is the Game Director.

All of these people have accounts on the forums, and they actively participate in forum commentary. Without pointing fingers, some of their commentary is what I was referring to in my previous posts. I think that qualifies as “dev feedback,” and those names don’t include the community-targeted roles, which (in my mind) also qualify as devs for the purposes of the forums.

These people are already active, so that isn’t even the issue at hand. I’d simply like to see commentary in a wider variety of threads.

Prosper

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

Wat.

Jeffrey Vaughn, Robert Hrouda, Johnathan Sharp, Roy Cronacher, and Habib Loew are Content Designers, Game Designers, and/or Programmers at ArenaNet. Colin Johanson is the Game Director.

All of these people have accounts on the forums, and they actively participate in forum commentary. Without pointing fingers, some of their commentary is what I was referring to in my previous posts. I think that qualifies as “dev feedback,” and those names don’t include the community-targeted roles, which (in my mind) also qualify as devs for the purposes of the forums.

These people are already active, so that isn’t even the issue at hand. I’d simply like to see commentary in a wider variety of threads.

That’s their privilege to give, not your right to ask.

These guys are extremely time-pressured. Every minute they have is valuable, and every forum post is essentially wasted time. I would expect them to not post at all, but I’m happy they manage to find the time to answer a few key questions. All others are handled by the CC staff. That’s how any company works … How often did you see Bill Gates or Steve Jobs posting on the MS/Apple forums?

(edited by marnick.4305)

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Wat.

You apparently don’t get the jist, Arena Net doesn’t comment unless they are sure. Secondly saying why do you feel that way, is a waste of time, if you sit there and watch a thread for 10 post you can find out why people feel that way.

To your comment about a post having 75 pages those are usually the most current ones and there are older ones that already have a moderator or a dev saying," this is working as intended.

Not that I have a accurate number on this but I would say at least 85% of the moderators and Dev’s have at least 150+ pages of comments you can view. So your telling me you read through each and everyone of those?

Like someone else said, it is a developers choice to come on and say something, not your right to demand or even ask for it. The moderator on this thread alone already said that each Suggestion/ thread on the forums is read and brought to the dev’s. That right there is your confirmation that the dev’s are reading it. If you need some sort of comfort words to make you feel at ease then I am sorry, but get over your self. There are many reasons as to why they do not directly answer

• It is in the works but not 100%
  • It is never going to see the light of day, and has been commented on 130 threads ago
  • Some variation is being worked on, but nothing is set in stone.

Those are just a few, and if you do a bit of research on Guildguru.com and the Guildwars 2 website you can find that a lot of suggestions on the forums have been addressed but people just don’t like the answer, so they feel by making 300 threads about it will get them their way.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Wat.

These guys are extremely time-pressured. Every minute they have is valuable, and every forum post is essentially wasted time. I would expect them to not post at all, but I’m happy they manage to find the time to answer a few key questions. All others are handled by the CC staff. That’s how any company works … How often did you see Bill Gates or Steve Jobs posting on the MS/Apple forums?

LOL sorry no rudeness intended but had to point this out,

If I saw Steve Jobs post on a thread that in it self would be a miracle since he is dead ;-)

But yes what this guy said your not going to get that hold my hand and tell me everything is going to be fine

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

@RoShamBo.2618
A dev, and a moderator both commented on the long ever going thread on right click. So I guess your zip nothing is false.

Can you link me the post from the game developer regarding the mouse right click functionality please? If I’ve missed something I’d really like to see it. I’ve seen the reply from Gaile but that was basically saying the same thing Dalmarus said in this thread.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

@RoShamBo.2618

Can you link me the post from the game developer regarding the mouse right click functionality please? If I’ve missed something I’d really like to see it. I’ve seen the reply from Gaile but that was basically saying the same thing Dalmarus said in this thread.

Then they responded to the issue, just because it is not done on your time doesn’t mean they are not listening to you, or maybe they decided not to fix anything, this is why I understand why developers and their support don’t comment on threads. Gaile told you straight out what the deal was. If you have not seen a fix they probably decided it was not an issue or not to do anything. Yet here you are blasting away at the Dev team for not answering post, just like my original statement said.

Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis. They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

There is a lot going on right now with the upcoming event, but after that, the team will take a look at a lot of different game elements, and may make some changes in the future.

Sorry I don’t have more specific information, but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration.

Thanks for understanding.

So I have highlighted the areas where they told you up front, gave you your feed back you are pleading for in this thread, then you come here and say they never respond or say anything?

Yet here is your response, do you consider it a non response cause you don’t like the answer or statement giving, or do you not like the outcome?

Oh FYI

^ this is nothing like Gailes

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

@RoShamBo.2618

Then they responded to the issue, just because it is not done on your time doesn’t mean they are not listening to you, or maybe they decided not to fix anything, this is why I understand why developers and their support don’t comment on threads. Gaile told you straight out what the deal was. If you have not seen a fix they probably decided it was not an issue or not to do anything. Yet here you are blasting away at the Dev team for not answering post, just like my original statement said.

Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis. They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

There is a lot going on right now with the upcoming event, but after that, the team will take a look at a lot of different game elements, and may make some changes in the future.

Sorry I don’t have more specific information, but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration.

So I have highlighted the areas where they told you up front, gave you your feed back you are pleading for in this thread, then you come here and say they never respond or say anything?

Yet here is your response, do you consider it a non response cause you don’t like the answer or statement giving, or do you not like the outcome?

Oh FYI

^ this is nothing like Gailes

What’s your problem Kaimick? I asked if you could link me the developer post you said had been made, that’s all! Both Dalmarus and Gaile have advised that the devs are made aware of issues raised in the forums. Sounds the same sort of thing to me. If this is the case then all well and good.

Now can you please link me the post from the game developer you said had been made. If I’ve missed it then I’d like to see it. This right click issue has bugged me since day one and I really want to know what the devs have to say.

If there is no such post then please don’t post false information in the forums. It doesn’t do anyone any good.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

What’s your problem Kaimick? I asked if you could link me the developer post you said had been made, that’s all! Both Dalmarus and Gaile have advised that the devs are made aware of issues raised in the forums. Sounds the same sort of thing to me. If this is the case then all well and good.

Now can you please link me the post from the game developer you said had been made. If I’ve missed it then I’d like to see it. This right click issue has bugged me since day one and I really want to know what the devs have to say.

If there is no such post then please don’t post false information in the forums. It doesn’t do anyone any good.

I linked you the Dev comment That is Gaile’s she is part of the Dev team. ( or he ) and they do not say the same thing.

CC Dalmarus.8397:

• CC Dalmarus.8397:
    The development team is sent feedback and suggestion reports from the Community team 5 days a week
  • Gaile Gray.6028:
    Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis.

These two statements say the same thing

• CC Dalmarus.8397:
    They are extremely busy working on the game, but come and answer posts when they can.
  • Gaile Gray.6028:

These two statements say the same thing

• Gaile Gray.6028:
    They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

This is answering your targeting question, which specifically tells you

• They are aware of the suggestion – meaning they read it
  • They have not reached a decision on what changes – meaning they have yet to decided to impalement the suggestion
  • If any – meaning that they may not take your suggestion ( or the OPs in this case ) and use it, cause it has not been decided upon.
  • They will make to targeting – meaning that the previous sentence was in direct answer to the targeting suggestion
  • CC Dalmarus.8397:

This is encouraging forum posters to keep posting ideas and to be kind and constructive

• Gaile Gray.6028:

This says

• Sorry for not having a more information for you – meaning that is all the information she has for you
  • but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration. – meaning they are not ignoring you and that your suggestion will have it’s “Day in Court” before it put into the game or rejected.

So maybe now that I have broken the two statements down for you, you will understand that Gaile did answer and respond to the Targeting suggestion.

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

Wat.

Actually, I do have the right to ask, since I paid for the game and therefore the account on the forums. I’m obviously not entitled to have my requests granted, but I as someone with an account on the forums, I am allowed to make those requests so long as I abide by the Code of Conduct—which I have.

I also just wanted to mention that the MS/Apple forums are a completely different creature than these forums. That’s comparing Apples and oranges (lolpuns).

Prosper

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

You apparently don’t get the jist, Arena Net doesn’t comment unless they are sure. Secondly saying why do you feel that way, is a waste of time, if you sit there and watch a thread for 10 post you can find out why people feel that way.

I don’t believe it’s a waste of time, and a lot of posters don’t go into the reasoning for their opinions. That aside, I just listed that specific quote as an example of the kind of conversational tone I would expect.

To your comment about a post having 75 pages those are usually the most current ones and there are older ones that already have a moderator or a dev saying," this is working as intended.

Yes, and that’s excellent. There are also older ones that have no dev feedback, but that’s not the entire issue to me.

Not that I have a accurate number on this but I would say at least 85% of the moderators and Dev’s have at least 150+ pages of comments you can view. So your telling me you read through each and everyone of those?

Why would I? I peruse the Dev Tracker for topics I’m actually interested in, like I imagine most people do that follow the Dev Tracker. I can still see what kind of topics they’re posting in by reading the topic titles. My list of commonly commented-on dev topics in one of my previous posts wasn’t exhaustive, but it also wasn’t meant to be; I was just noting the trends that I’ve seen.

Like someone else said, it is a developers choice to come on and say something, not your right to demand or even ask for it. The moderator on this thread alone already said that each Suggestion/ thread on the forums is read and brought to the dev’s. That right there is your confirmation that the dev’s are reading it. If you need some sort of comfort words to make you feel at ease then I am sorry, but get over your self. There are many reasons as to why they do not directly answer

It is the developers’ choice, and they certainly do not have to listen to my request, but as a paying customer, it is still my request to make. I never said that I expected or demanded a response, so I don’t know where you guys are getting that from.

I’m simply saying that I’d like the devs to expand more on activity they already do, which I find neither selfish nor rude. I’m not asking them to give specific answers or dates, or dedicate X amount of time, or comment on Y topics. I’d just like to see a wider variety of feedback on some different types of posts.

Prosper

(edited by Rusc.4978)

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

@Kaimick,

Gaile is a support liaison, not a developer and I’m sure you know that. In other words there is no post from a developer. Please try and get your facts straight before you post, thanks.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

Back to the original topic, this one particular issue that I’m talking about (mouse right click) has been raging on the forums for 6 months with no meaningful feedback from the game developers – pretty much bears out what the Original Post is saying in my opinion.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

@Kaimick,

Gaile is a support liaison, not a developer and I’m sure you know that. In other words there is no post from a developer. Please try and get your facts straight before you post, thanks.

Support Liaison work hand and hand with the developers do a little research. Secondly just cause you find the topic of right click important and others doesn’t mean the “Developers” or their development team (IE: Support Liaison’s ) have to answer it.

Read what the Gaile said, they receive and have seen the topic of right click. If they have not answered or you have not seen it on the wiki then they are probably not doing anything about it.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I don’t believe it’s a waste of time, and a lot of posters don’t go into the reasoning for their opinions. That aside, I just listed that specific quote as an example of the kind of conversational tone I would expect.

Yes, and that’s excellent. There are also older ones that have no dev feedback, but that’s not the entire issue to me.

Why would I? I peruse the Dev Tracker for topics I’m actually interested in, like I imagine most people do that follow the Dev Tracker. I can still see what kind of topics they’re posting in by reading the topic titles. My list of commonly commented-on dev topics in one of my previous posts wasn’t exhaustive, but it also wasn’t meant to be; I was just noting the trends that I’ve seen.

It is the developers’ choice, and they certainly do not have to listen to my request, but as a paying customer, it is still my request to make. I never said that I expected or demanded a response, so I don’t know where you guys are getting that from.

I’m simply saying that I’d like the devs to expand more on activity they already do, which I find neither selfish nor rude. I’m not asking them to give specific answers or dates, or dedicate X amount of time, or comment on Y topics. I’d just like to see a wider variety of feedback on some different types of posts.

Your not a paying customer, you do not pay a monthly fee to play the game or sign up on the forums. You paid for the game, the money you spent was for the game. The support and the forums and the added content they give you is free.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

@Kaimick,

Right, I get it now! You’re just on the wind up here, aren’t you. We’ve been trolled!

Good one but you should have saved it for April 1st!!!

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

@Kaimick,

Right, I get it now! You’re just on the wind up here, aren’t you. We’ve been trolled!

Good one but you should have saved it for April 1st!!!

If I am trolling then report me, after all it is against ToS to troll.

Secondly, it is obvious your not grasping how things work. So instead of personally insulting you I will just leave you with how you view things. Which means you will continue to be mad at things cause your not getting what you feel you deserve.

Have a nice day

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

Your not a paying customer, you do not pay a monthly fee to play the game or sign up on the forums. You paid for the game, the money you spent was for the game. The support and the forums and the added content they give you is free.

While I do not pay a monthly fee, I am indeed a paying customer; I still paid for the game, and the accompanying forums access. Therefore, I paid to sign up on the forums. While I am still obliged to follow the Code of Conduct—and I have no problems with that—this gives me the right to post whatever or however I see fit within those boundaries.

My opinions may not agree with yours, but I’m still allowed to post them. I have not made any demands or personally attacked/called out any of the devs; I’m simply commenting about what I’d like to see done in the future, which they may or may not choose to act on.

Prosper

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

While I do not pay a monthly fee, I am indeed a paying customer; I still paid for the game, and the accompanying forums access. Therefore, I paid to sign up on the forums. While I am still obliged to follow the Code of Conduct—and I have no problems with that—this gives me the right to post whatever or however I see fit within those boundaries.

My opinions may not agree with yours, but I’m still allowed to post them. I have not made any demands or personally attacked/called out any of the devs; I’m simply commenting about what I’d like to see done in the future, which they may or may not choose to act on.

You can say what ever you like with in reason and that is fine. Although you paid for the game not the access to the forums. The forums were just giving to you because you purchased the game. Much like the Lost shores patch was given to you for just owning the game. You are required a copy of the game to get on the forums so that only players of the game can post on the forums. Although keep in mind when they had their guest weekend during the Lost shores people that made accounts then can still log onto the forums, they haven’t paid for the game at all they got a free pass. But now we are playing systematic’s. That personally is how I see it, seeing as there is nothing on the box or insert that say’s anything about the forums, ergo the $63.00 you spent is purely for the game.

Look I agree you can ask for what ever you like, but expecting or asking Developers to make comments on threads more often so it can ( i guess ) ease your mind is a bit outrageous. Their job is to develop the game and content for the game not sit on the forums and reply to threads. This is why they have a Developers team that has Liaisons, moderators , and developers assistants to do that for them. If something is serious enough they will either mention it in the wiki, vlog, interview, or post something.

But as you said

• I’m simply commenting about what I’d like to see done in the future, which they may or may not choose to act on

you have the right idea here, especially the last part so if you get this then why are you asking for more developers interaction? If they haven’t been all that active thus far I guess it is a clear indication they are busy. Also again the Liaison’s, and moderators take what is said to the developers, the developers say yeah, nahh, not going to happen, not sure and the moderators and liaisons if they feel it is urgent enough will come back with the feedback. But they are only going to comment if they are 100% sure, I have seen to many vlogs and interviews with Developers stating this in response to the, " why can’t we or will we get more interaction and replies from Developers on popular topics.

So if your not getting a response it is probably because they don’t know or they have answered it somewhere else, Guild Wars 2 facebook page has a lot of the vlogs and interviews

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

I’m asking the developers for more interaction (or at least, more varied interaction) because it is something I would like to see implemented—which is, I imagine, the point of most forums posts.

I’ve already given my opinion and thoughts in this thread, and at this point I am just repeating myself over and over again. If you find it outrageous, that’s fine, but obviously I don’t. And, despite what the responses to my posts seem to imply, I’m not the only person who feels this way about the devs on the forums (or this thread never would have been created).

Prosper

in Suggestions

Posted by: ura.4536

ura.4536

Why should we have to give you suggestions that Anet even don’t see it?

Oh,i know,you guys just too busy to give us a reply even some words which don’t need to take a few mins

In this case, Blizzard even better than Anet….

blackgate Nine Dragon[ND]
[ND]Uranus Deathcaller
Necro

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

Why should we have to give you suggestions that Anet even don’t see it?

Oh,i know,you guys just too busy to give us a reply even some words which don’t need to take a few mins

In this case, Blizzard even better than Anet….

Uhm, what? You do not give suggestions because ANet tells you to do so. You give suggestions because you feel something needs to be changed or just have an idea you would like to see ingame.

And Blizzard? Of course, if you feel like paying monthly to get semi-automatic messages to your forum posts, feel free to play WoW.

in Suggestions

Rusc.4978

We should probably try to keep the conversation focused on this community, not Blizzard’s. Plus, if we’re going to turn this into another one of those Blizzard vs. ArenaNet discussions, I’ll need a few moments to make popcorn.

Prosper